Disney(World) vs. Disney(land)?

Lee

Adventurer
Unfortunately Eisner let so much go. TWDC is still playing catch-up. It took DL's 50th to fix that park. It took a billion dollars to fix DCA. It will take huge investments at WDW to fix that resort. No doubt about it. And if WDW74 is right then help is on the way. (Of course I have been saying that too).

It's Eisner's fault.
I just want to point out that park upkeep is far more under the control of resort management than the CEO.

Cynthia Harriss and her gang ran DL into disrepair ("If it's good enough for Six-Flags...). It took Matt Ouimet to sell Eisner on funding the repair operation in time for the 50th.
Current TDO has pulled a Harriss on WDW, and it won't be until someone new comes along to play Ouimet that it will really change.

And no, Staggs isn't that guy.

M.rudolf

Unfortunately Eisner let so much go. TWDC is still playing catch-up. It took DL's 50th to fix that park. It took a billion dollars to fix DCA. It will take huge investments at WDW to fix that resort. No doubt about it. And if WDW74 is right then help is on the way. (Of course I have been saying that too).

It's Eisner's fault.
It began with Eisner, Iger sat there and watched it all happen. Are you related to him, because you definitely make a lot of excuses for him.

FrankLapidus

DL had much worse problems. They are fixed now. They will get fixed at WDW too. They are not going to just shut the place down.

The problem is the Disney has allowed the mess at WDW to escalate and mount up to the extent that it's going to take a hell of a lot of time and money to rectify it when things at the resort could have been managed and maintained so much better. I hope that the problems do get fixed and I hope that the changes needed are being planned and implemented now but there is simply no excuse for Disney allowing things at WDW to reach the low point that they have.

WDW1974

Original Poster
What pressing needs are those don't say DCA,it never performed at a high level. So your saying that Disney deliberately neglected there franchise park to repair secondary parks. WDI is definitely not a McDonalds drive thru I agree with you on that. But TDO is running the parks like a Walmart and not the world class orginanization it once was.

The fundamental misstated point here is that Disney had to let WDW sit and rot for the last dozen or more years because of issues elsewhere.

That just isn't how a company like Disney has to run. This should be common sense to folks who don't even have much business knowledge but anyone ...

WDW was ignored because they wanted to milk the udders until they bled and thought everyone that entered was a rube who would always think the place was MAGICal, even as it got stale, neglected and dirty.

By the logic (and I use that term as loosely as $3 ) being used, all of Disney's money should be headed to China. Not simply for the theme park business, but to exploit the billions of people with all of their business units.

It's scary what some people will believe.

FrankLapidus

It's Eisner's fault.

Iger was Eisner's right-hand man for a long time before he became CEO, he saw first-hand the things that were wrong at WDW and he knew them when he took on the role of CEO himself. The decline at WDW might have begun under Eisner but Iger has allowed it to continue, both deserve a share of the responsibility. It's not really fair to say Eisner "let so much go" when Iger watched him do so and hasn't really done anything differently in regards to WDW.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I just want to point out that park upkeep is far more under the control of resort management than the CEO.

Cynthia Harriss and her gang ran DL into disrepair ("If it's good enough for Six-Flags...). It took Matt Ouimet to sell Eisner on funding the repair operation in time for the 50th.
Current TDO has pulled a Harriss on WDW, and it won't be until someone new comes along to play Ouimet that it will really change.

And no, Staggs isn't that guy.

Well, again, that's common sense. Who has more control on how the new Adventureland restrooms are kept up? Phil Holmes or Bob Iger? This is sorta like playing with 'challenged' folks and it isn't fun.

And you are doing this while standing up?:eek:

Buried20KLeague

Again, how about you distill your mess down to where I stated the situation as fact and not conjecture or opinion. And while you are at it please find the post where I claim my opinion is never wrong. I set up the ability for you to respond through private conversation. Please use that and keep this thread on topic. Thank you for your cooperation. :)

As of Wednesday, I still was not able to reply to your private conversation request you made. I haven't checked since then, because frankly I don't have anything to say to you that can't be said in front of the whole class.

Do YOU?

njDizFan

It's Eisner's fault.
I am really struggling not to post a comprehensive post about the last 30 years of Disney almost completely mimicing the last 30 years of our American political system but I know we aren't allowed to do that.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Screw chic fil a... I'm sitting here eating sonic right now :)

I'm not having anything right now ... that just makes it worse. I think Subway is what it will be in about three hours.

BTW, I think I'd rather be continuing our private conversation, but this is 56 car pileup material.

tomman710

Can anyone answer one question for me,how can person who doesn't visit the parks know what condition they are in? How can they tell what customer service is like ? How can they know what condition space and splash mountain is in? How do they know how a stroll in Hollywood Studio feels?

If you can read about it it's the same thing, right?

But it doesn't matter when you're Facebook friends with Iger, call him Iggy in PMs.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm not having anything right now ... that just makes it worse. I think Subway is what it will be in about three hours.

BTW, I think I'd rather be continuing our private conversation, but this is 56 car pileup material.

Jimmy Johns....

And as George Carlin once said about NASCAR "Where else can you see a 30-car pileup and not be in it?" I'm betting he had no inkling of the discussions around here. :rolleyes:

Jimmy Thick

Can anyone answer one question for me,how can person who doesn't visit the parks know what condition they are in? How can they tell what customer service is like ? How can they know what condition space and splash mountain is in? How do they know how a stroll in Hollywood Studio feels?

This is the internet, I have a feeling the majority of the posters posting here have not been to the parks in years, yet doom and gloom to join the crowd like mindless sheep spewing nonsense and lies. The parks are, if you take them for their true intention, a vacation destination, are still amazing and magical.

Jimmy Thick- Was there a couple months ago, I speak from experience.

WDW1974

Original Poster
As of Wednesday, I still was not able to reply to your private conversation request you made. I haven't checked since then, because frankly I don't have anything to say to you that can't be said in front of the whole class.

Do YOU?

I sorta wish the discussion would be tabled, because I've seen how this plays out ... and it ends with the thread being closed and me having to start a second, which I don't have the desire to.

If people were just more measured in who they responded to and how, then things would be better for the entire community.

Oh, goodie, the afternoon monsoon has just arrived! At least I'm not at the MK!

WDW1974

Original Poster
I am really struggling not to post a comprehensive post about the last 30 years of Disney almost completely mimicing the last 30 years of our American political system but I know we aren't allowed to do that.

Dan ... it's not simply our political system, it all starts on Wall Street and with a system that allows and encourages politicians to be bought. Disney does it all the time too.

People who know me know when I say WDW has been Walmarted, what I mean is The USA has been Walmarted and WDW is simply a sad microcosm of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom