Disney(World) vs. Disney(land)?

Bolna

I am not advocating that all resorts have identical sets of attractions. I am suggesting there are some "signature" Disney attractions that should be present in a customized form at more than one Disney resort.

I think there is a huge difference between what you say in that last sentence of your post and what I would call "cloning". I just came back from my second trip to DLP this year and one thing that I really enjoy there is that they offer a different take on a lot of those "signature" attractions. I must confess that after my first visit to a Disney park was to Disneyland, I was at first confused by the fact that there is no New Orleans Square at DLP, that the Haunted Mansion has a Western theme etc. But then I realised that this is what makes DLP's charm: it's familiar, but still different. And with most of the rides that are not unique have been plussed. I think this what you also mean to say when you suggest a "customised form".

However - looking at the possibility of Cars Land - it seems that the current trend is much more true copying. From everything we have heard, the MK Little Mermaid Ride will be exactly the same experience at the MK as at DL, the difference is only in the outside. The same is true for Soarin, TSMM, the Muppets (I think?). Lights Motor Action was more or less a direct copy of the show from DLP - maybe it would have been more successful in DHS if it would have been customised? So it seems that the trend is getting away from trying to recreate and better something that has proven popular to just put the same little blocks into both properties - whether they fit or not (like Soarin at the Land...).

HMF

You're right. RSR should be cloned and the junky parts of Cars Land should stay in DCA.
Junky parts? Other than possibly Luigis' Flying Tires there is nothing junky about Cars Land. I strongly feel that the rest of Cars Land should not be cloned at DHS to maintain unique park identity not because it's bad.

Taylor

Junky parts? Other than possibly Luigis' Flying Tires there is nothing junky about Cars Land. I strongly feel that the rest of Cars Land should not be cloned at DHS to maintain unique park identity not because it's bad.
Do you want new Cars themed supporting rides to come with it or just RSR. Or a larger Pixar expansion with RSR

doctornick

RSR should take over LMA and what is left of the backlot as part of an expansion of Pixar Place.

This. And I think this is going to be the plan -- partially, so they can keep the Backlot Tour for a while during the time when RSR (and maybe something like Monsters Inc going in the soundstage building next to TSMM) is being built. I don't think they'd want to close both LMA and the Backlot Tour at once for construction, but will do things in stages.

Doing it that way leaves the Backlot Tour space available later for additional Pixar Place construction.

If it's only RSR (+/- a gift shop), then that does have the benefit of leaving the full Carsland experience as unique to DL, which is a good thing.

TP2000

RSR should take over LMA and what is left of the backlot as part of an expansion of Pixar Place.

I'd like to get someone with whiz-bang computer skills to do one of those things where they overlay the 12 acres of the Cars Land footprint onto an aerial map of DHS, so we can see where Cars Land might be able to fit. Or where at least the 6 acres of the Radiator Springs Racers attraction footprint might fit.

Cars Land is big. I've walked through it many times now this summer, and I have a hard time visualzing where it might fit in DHS. I can't figure out how to fit just Radiator Springs Racers into DHS, especially if you take out the town and long Route 66 entry to it, which would seem to neuter the experience drastically.

LudwigVonDrake

I'll be selfish and want everything from Carsland minus Luigi's Flying Tires to come to DHS. In it's place put another Pixar ride next to TSMM. I probably won't get my wish but I can dream, can't I? :)

alissafalco

I'd like to get someone with whiz-bang computer skills to do one of those things where they overlay the 12 acres of the Cars Land footprint onto an aerial map of DHS, so we can see where Cars Land might be able to fit. Or where at least the 6 acres of the Radiator Springs Racers attraction footprint might fit.

Cars Land is big. I've walked through it many times now this summer, and I have a hard time visualzing where it might fit in DHS. I can't figure out how to fit just Radiator Springs Racers into DHS, especially if you take out the town and long Route 66 entry to it, which would seem to neuter the experience drastically.

People have done it in the DHS Cars Land thread. The whole thing fits with plenty of room if you take away LMA and the Backlot tour.

Mike730

No computer skills in sight, but... link

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom