Disney(World) vs. Disney(land)?

Californian Elitist

so it will be original for a year or two possibly....considering most people will never see shanghai but have a higher likelyhood of seeing disneyland i am just happy they are not copying it to there...i would love if they would stop copying every big ride on the same continent. not as big a deal for me if they make a copy elsewhere in the world

I feel you. Honestly, I hate it when a nice ride is copied anywhere, let alone with the US.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Maybe people just prefer that their fantasy vacation, the naive illusion they spent so much to see realized, remain relatively undisturbed by the intrusion of harsh, cold, impersonal urban reality.

That's a regular feature of most WDW1974 threads. I find it to be entertaining and I enjoy legerdemain.

A naive illusion realized of the fantasy that is a MAGICal WDW vacation sans the gritty urban reality ... and you say the Spirit is a master of legerdemain?

(BTW, you should use smaller words here! Everyone doesn't have a 10th-grade 1980s vocabulary!):D

Now, back to whatever it was we were talking about ... I think it was something about news that I broke here and info that everyone 'borrowed' on their Disney sites and Twitter feeds. Or would you like yet another thread about the new Fantasyland restrooms (we have five ... but there's room for a thousand!)

Taylor

I feel you. Honestly, I hate it when a nice ride is copied anywhere, let alone with the US.
I have a love/hate relationship with cloning rides. International parks originals sure would love hunny hunt and crushes coaster at WDW. From DL theres two sides, the case against one because it shares a similar ride system then another ride is idiotic. But if you clone DLR's signature ride, well that is just dumb business sense.

WDW1974

Original Poster
so it will be original for a year or two possibly....considering most people will never see shanghai but have a higher likelyhood of seeing disneyland i am just happy they are not copying it to there...i would love if they would stop copying every big ride on the same continent. not as big a deal for me if they make a copy elsewhere in the world

I agree, but this isn't a 'big ride' ... really, this is the Barnstormer Plus ...

Californian Elitist

I have a love/hate relationship with cloning rides. International parks originals sure would love hunny hunt and crushes coaster at WDW. From DL theres two sides, the case against one because it shares a similar ride system then another ride is idiotic. But if you clone DLR's signature ride, well that is just dumb business sense.

I don't really like them at all. To me, it's like they were too lazy to come up with something else. I want to visit other parks and experience something different. I don't want to go to the other parks and see a Cars Land. Keep them as unique as possible.

Taylor

@raven24
Would I pick an original addition over RSR yes but I'm to the point where I just don't care as long as DHS gets a e-ticket or two and two family rides to FINALLY even that place out. I'm more then likely never going overseas (can't stand long flights) So I have no problem with clones from there but like i said let DL have there signature rides (ok I really want Indy) ;)

Californian Elitist

@raven24
Would I pick an original addition over RSR yes but I'm to the point where I just don't care as long as DHS gets a e-ticket or two and two family rides to FINALLY even that place out. I'm more then likely never going overseas (can't stand long flights) So I have no problem with clones from there but like i said let DL have there signature rides (ok I really want Indy) ;)

Totally understandable. We're also coming from different point of views. For years Disneyland got the short end of the stick, while more parks kept popping up in Florida. When they finally decide to give us a second gate, it was done on the cheap, with no love and thought put into it. Talk about feeling jipped. DCA 1.0 was total crap, though over the years it improved. They decide to basically start over, and expand the park. The park is now worthy of sitting across the legend on the other side, with the heart and soul of the expansion being Cars Land, more specifically RSR. The first thing TDO wants to do is copy it. We just got it for Pete's sake! Give us a break. I hate the thought of the heart and soul of DCA being built somewhere else. I understand DHS is in bad shape but they need to think of something else to put in there. Honestly, I don't see how Cars Land fits the park's theme anyway. They need to think of something else and I don't want Indy in Florida either. I was kind of upset to learn it had been copied in Tokyo.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Legerdemain.

Nice.

'74 manipulating threads like Ricky Jay working the cards. Masterful.

Be careful, No. 2 ... we wouldn't want me to get all pompous and all.

How are the ressies coming for my upcoming Spirited Meet Greet and (for an extra fee) Gropes? Any luck getting WDW Co to help handle them?

Taylor

Totally understandable. We're also coming from different point of views. For years Disneyland got the short end of the stick, while more parks kept popping up in Florida. When they finally decide to give us a second gate, it was done on the cheap, with no love and thought put into it. Talk about feeling jipped. DCA 1.0 was total crap, though over the years it improved. They decide to basically start over, and expand the park. The park is now worthy of sitting across the legend on the other side, with the heart and soul of the expansion being Cars Land, more specifically RSR. The first thing TDO wants to do is copy it. We just got it for Pete's sake! Give us a break. I hate the thought of the heart and soul of DCA being built somewhere else. I understand DHS is in bad shape but they need to think of something else to put in there. Honestly, I don't see how Cars Land fits the park's theme anyway. They need to think of something else and I don't want Indy in Florida either. I was kind of upset to learn it had been copied in Tokyo.
I understand I wouldn't want everest cloned to DL. WDI can come up with another cars themed ride for WDW with more pixar additions

Lee

Adventurer
Be careful, No. 2 ... we wouldn't want me to get all pompous and all.

How are the ressies coming for my upcoming Spirited Meet Greet and (for an extra fee) Gropes? Any luck getting WDW Co to help handle them?
It's a near sellout. Most are even opting for the $50 "Hug the Spirit" add-on. (Many seem to be from the Treehouse smoking area crowd. Mr. Smith will know what I mean.)

As for WDW helping out...no.
In fact, I'm getting a bit paranoid. My computer is acting squirrelly, I'm getting hang-ups from the 407 area code, and someone claiming to be from Meg's office called asking to get a good description of you "Purely for informational and security purposes."

I smell a trap. Thinking of calling the whole thing off.

Taylor

It's a near sellout. Most are even opting for the $50 "Hug the Spirit" add-on. (Many seem to be from the Treehouse smoking area crowd. Mr. Smith will know what I mean.)

In fact, I'm getting a bit paranoid. My computer is acting squirrelly, I'm getting hang-ups from the 407 area code, and someone claiming to be from Meg's office called asking to get a good description of you "Purely for informational and security purposes."

Crap I better get a refund!

Lee

Adventurer
I understand I wouldn't want everest cloned to DL. WDI can come up with another cars themed ride for WDW with more pixar additions
They have.

TDO requested a slightly scaled-down version of Radiator Springs Racers for DHS.

WDI designed it, but then it went through the rigorous TDO budgeting process.

The result:

IMG_8844.JPG

Lee

Adventurer
Crap I better get a refund!
Nope.
The disclaimer on the ticket clearly states that there will be no refunds in the event that cancellation is necessary due to inclement weather, terrorist attack, or attempt on the Spirit's life.

As an alternative, all Spirited M,G and G event tickets will be honored at our other premium event, the "Follow Martin Around the Park Like a Creepy Stalker History Walk."

WDW1974

Original Poster

I would expect no less. As DD can attest (no, that isn't Dear Daughter as this isn't a WDW trip report!), I am so freaking huggable they oughta make a plush version for me for the fanbois and ... oops, did I just say that? Uh-oh ... eek ... um ... quietly step back and make an exit, not like anyone ever reads a word you post anyway!

Now, as for that crowd, I hope Mr. Smith enlightens me since I am clearly missing something ...

I hope you told WDW security about the birthmark on my left buttock that sorta looks like Bob Iger's face if you pinch it! (why do I have the urge for a fanboi one-liner?)

Please remember when they start taking an active interest in you that is because you are someone of consequence. And with great consequence comes great stress and enmity, but also the chances at great riches and great power. Never forget.

Never. A Spirit never quits. I'll fight until they pry the Horizons LE pin from my cold, dead hands. Besides, they'll have a sighting of me a few days before in Anaheim and think there's no way I'll show up with all the online lifestylers around!

I am soooo ready for this!:):D:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom