Disney World Tells Santa Lookalike to Hit the Road

JROK

Please tell me you are joking? A child dressed as a Princess can never be confused with an adult dressed as a princess. If you are that confused, then, I suggest help. There are doctors out there.

Yes I was joking! That's why I put the whole ":hammer:" emoticon in there...

WDWRLD

I dont think it was as much a security issue as it was a issue of protecting the Magic. You dont see two Mickeys or Two Goofys walking down Mainstreet do you? What if all day this guy walked around saying he was Santa, then the same kids were waiting for the parade and saw the non Disney Santa sitting across from them on MS. What will they think when the "real" Santa comes down the parade route in his sleigh high above the street? Dont you think they might get a little confused. What about the ones that are at almost that age when....well you know...that could put a end to the Magic for them.

abian

I don't know what some people are upset about. This is Evil Empire, guys. They can do anything they want as long as you are still paying to see a oversized rat. Way to go Disney.

WDWRLD

I don't know what some people are upset about. This is Evil Empire, guys. They can do anything they want as long as you are still paying to see a oversized rat. Way to go Disney.

Speaking of paying....that reminds me to call and pay for my next trip!!!Thanks for the reminder.

luvorlando

Disney did the right thing in making him stop. He wasn't just some innocent park guest being picked on by the mouse. :rolleyes: I can only imagine the extra business he's received by using Disney to advertise himself.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I would want a autograph from Jesus. In fact my friends got a jesus bobblehead and he looks just like Jesus with a beard and sandles so Im sure he wouldnt mind printing up some business cards for you and playing jesus in the park, Heck he might even dawn a loincloth for you.

Is this Jesus guy the right back for Brazil? I thought they wore shorts not loin cloths.

joanna71985

Just want to add that adults are not allowed to wear costumes to the parks (excluding mnsshp and sww). And even then they are not allowed to do autographs (not sure about photos).

slappy magoo

I believe the PC term is "anthropomorphic rodent+American."

no offense, but if you think disney is evil, why are you here? Just to be a noodge?

tink81

I believe the PC term is "anthropomorphic rodent+American."

no offense, but if you think disney is evil, why are you here? Just to be a noodge?

Take a look at his profile....every post he has ever made on these boards is argumentative, rude, condescending and troll-ish. Just ignore.:rolleyes:

Gorjus

I am not a "him", Prince tink.

Mixing up gender is a common mistake. Being rude, snide, inconsiderate, condescending, and argumentative is a choice.

In the spirit of kindness and helpfulness, may I say that we don't always know how we come across. Often people are always negative because they think they are being "cool" or "one of the gang" or "not of the establishment" or out of habit. Please go back and read your posts. They are just as Tink described them.

If you are fine with coming across this way, by all means continue. But if you are unintentionally being perceived in this way, you might want to make some changes.

Just a suggestion.

WDWFanatic

I wonder now If i had worn my jack sparrow outfit in there would i be booted?? or would they let me get away with it on halloween only

For all those who site safety as a reason.....who do you think is taking those pictures and allowing the interaction to take place? A child who is very interested in Santa is most likely at an age where they are not wandering off by themselves with their own camera.....and I doubt that the children set a camera on a tripod and set the timer to get that picture with Santa. A parent/adult was most likely the one taking the pictures.

I was in the mall with one of my cousins last fall when we ran into "Santa," she was so excited to see him walking around in jeans shopping at the mall. We didn't approach him or anything, but she was convinced that the real Santa was shopping in our mall.

I disagree with the actions that were taken. The gentleman was not wearing clothing that was vulgar or rude. From the articles that I read he wasn't going around yelling that he was Santa, just responding to questions from little ones. I could understand asking him to stop answering yes, but not to change his appearance.

:xmas:

I disagree, some children can get away from parents pretty quick and it takes one "bad guy" (not that this man was, but you never know) who looks like a loveable character to take advantage of that child. I can tell you from experience, I had to take care of A LOT of lost children when I worked at WDW... be it the crowd, the quick child, or the parents turning into children themselves, they wander off very easily.

Your cousin didn't approach the man in the mall, but these children where and I'm sure it wasn't only once or twice he was approached. Do you just go up to strangers and start hugging them, talking to them, etc? Think about why you don't and then reconsider your position on the issue. :xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom