Disney World Tells Santa Lookalike to Hit the Road

slappy magoo

I disagree, some children can get away from parents pretty quick and it takes one "bad guy" (not that this man was, but you never know) who looks like a loveable character to take advantage of that child. I can tell you from experience, I had to take care of A LOT of lost children when I worked at WDW... be it the crowd, the quick child, or the parents turning into children themselves, they wander off very easily.

Your cousin didn't approach the man in the mall, but these children where and I'm sure it wasn't only once or twice he was approached. Do you just go up to strangers and start hugging them, talking to them, etc? Think about why you don't and then reconsider your position on the issue. :xmas:

Which brings up another potential reason to cut WDW some slack over this situation:

Because CMs in costume have at least one helper/assistant along to assist in crowd control, things usually don't get too nutty, and it cuts down on the sort of frenetic activity someone else would need to get a kid away from his parents. Because this guy wasn't a Disney employee, there's less crowd control, and that means more bad things could happen. Granted, it's low on the probability list but it's all those ling details that management & securty are paid to worry about and plan around.

Chernabog

This news story leaves out lots of details. As a cast member in the park on this day working with security i can tell you that he was asked more than once to no longer take pictures because it was creating crowd control issues in the park. not to mention that it wasn't like he was just wearing jeans and a tshirt but his clothing was all red with black shoes and gave the illusion of an actual santa. At one point he even came over to where santa was doing meet and greet sets to greet the other guests in line to meet santa.
After refusing to change hisclothing appearance and cease creaqting crowd issues he was politly asked to leave until after the holiday season or if he changed his look.

The park does not allow any adult into the park in costumes, esp disney characters except on halloween. there was another situation with a gentleman coming tothe park as captain jack and he was asked to stop impersontating the character for the same reason. disney even went so far as to purchase new clothes for him to change into but he contined and also was asked to leave the park.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This news story leaves out lots of details. As a cast member in the park on this day working with security i can tell you that he was asked more than once to no longer take pictures because it was creating crowd control issues in the park. not to mention that it wasn't like he was just wearing jeans and a tshirt but his clothing was all red with black shoes and gave the illusion of an actual santa. At one point he even came over to where santa was doing meet and greet sets to greet the other guests in line to meet santa.
After refusing to change hisclothing appearance and cease creaqting crowd issues he was politly asked to leave until after the holiday season or if he changed his look.

The park does not allow any adult into the park in costumes, esp disney characters except on halloween. there was another situation with a gentleman coming tothe park as captain jack and he was asked to stop impersontating the character for the same reason. disney even went so far as to purchase new clothes for him to change into but he contined and also was asked to leave the park.
I think many of us here thought it was something like that. Disney would not want the PR nightmare of removing some innocent person that just resembled Santa. It is a shame the media won't print the truth. I guess the evil Disney empire raging war on a little old man is a much more intestering story then the truth.

wannab@dis

I think many of us here thought it was something like that. Disney would not want the PR nightmare of removing some innocent person that just resembled Santa. It is a shame the media won't print the truth. I guess the evil Disney empire raging war on a little old man is a much more intestering story then the truth.
Media rarely gives us "just the facts" any more... at minimum, it's sensationalized and many times, just plain false.

Take this story for instance... http://www.wftv.com/news/10577047/detail.html Is it *really* necessary for the title to be written that way or was that done solely for ratings and shock value?

Nemo14

Media rarely gives us "just the facts" any more... at minimum, it's sensationalized and many times, just plain false.

Take this story for instance... http://www.wftv.com/news/10577047/detail.html Is it *really* necessary for the title to be written that way or was that done solely for ratings and shock value?
Well, clearly that is all Disney's fault for allowing such a low-life person to be employed near Disney property! When will they ever learn!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom