Disney World Hauntings

Slipknot

Originally posted by BenS
I would really like to see some proof of that.

Well, i can show you the scar that was left one time but you wont believe me.

Trust me. I wouldnt be so psychologically fudged up as i am now if none of it happened....

Lovecraft

Originally posted by Static-X
Well, i can show you the scar that was left one time but you wont believe me.

Trust me. I wouldnt be so psychologically fudged up as i am now if none of it happened....

I am interested in hearing your story, Static-X.

Static-X:

This is way off topic. I just noticed your sig and noticed that you have "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" spelled backwards. However, when it's said backwards it's "dociousaliexpiisticfragicalirupus"...but that's going a bit far, don't you think?:animwink:

Woody13

In terms of supernatural phenomena, the most intense places at WDW are the restrooms in all four parks. There is often an incredibly strong odor of menace. From many of the bathroom stalls you can hear ghostly grunts, groans and moans.

Also, another real spooky thing is that ghosts flush the toilets and urinals after you've finished your business! Then, other ghosts turn the sink water on and off when you go to wash your hands and still other ghosts turn the hand dryers on and off.

Sometimes you also see slimy ghost ectoplasm slopped all over the place. I have even seen a few cases where a ghost has followed people out of the restrooms! Last trip I saw this long and skinny ghost hanging on to the bottom of a man's shoe. It's spooky!

BenS

Originally posted by Woody13
In terms of supernatural phenomena, the most intense places at WDW are the restrooms in all four parks. There is often an incredibly strong odor of menace. From many of the bathroom stalls you can hear ghostly grunts, groans and moans.

Also, another real spooky thing is that ghosts flush the toilets and urinals after you've finished your business! Then, other ghosts turn the sink water on and off when you go to wash your hands and still other ghosts turn the hand dryers on and off.

Sometimes you also see slimy ghost ectoplasm slopped all over the place. I have even seen a few cases where a ghost has followed people out of the restrooms! Last trip I saw this long and skinny ghost hanging on to the bottom of a man's shoe. It's spooky!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All4Gemini

Originally posted by Mary Poppins
Static-X:

This is way off topic. I just noticed your sig and noticed that you have "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" spelled backwards. However, when it's said backwards it's "dociousaliexpiisticfragicalirupus"...but that's going a bit far, don't you think?:animwink:

I guess Mary Poppins would be the one to know that wouldn't she......ok back on topic

Djali999

hey.

alright, I poked around the parks yesterday and I actually have some stuff to report as to ghost stuff in the MK and Epcot. they were busy days and it wasn't exactly the best conditions for this sort of thing, but here it is:

Art of Disney - nothing, as far as I can tell. ditto for the rest room area (I'm sorry people, I just can't feel anything) and the hub. so I've removed those from the list.

I think the Art of Disney thing that was reported here earlier may have been just a spirit in passing or a replay of some past event. as far as I can tell, Main Street is clean.

Pirates - I'm becoming slightly more convinced of a possible prescence in the queue. I was fine up until the gunpowder storage "pit" past the munitions hall (with the fireplace and keg). that area seemed kind of cold and inhospitable. I also watched several groups with small children turn around because their kids suddenly and for no reason began screaming right at that point.

the problem, and why I've yet to make a conclusion about this area, is that, well, it's supposed to be spooky and dark, and kids freak out in there ghosts or not. 50/50. I'd need to be in there alone to reach a conclusion.

I tried to feel for anything past Carlos being dunked in the well, but I didn't get anything.

Adventureland Breezeway - was too crowded to get anything. I still don't feel it.

Tom Sawyer Island - absolutley, positivley somebody in Injun Joe's Cave. I did all three caves (alone) and although they were all creepy and dark, there are spots where I get the feeling of extreme melancholy in and only in Injun Joe's. that's not the sensation you're supposed to get in that cave.

I did a little experiment and found people were the least likely to go into Injun Joe's for whatever reason. they just avoided it like the plauge but jumped right into the Mystery Mine and the Escape Tunnel. you can also stand on top of the Injun Joe show building, and I got the same sensation.

Mansion - felt nothing in there yesterday. probably too many people going through it at the time.

at Epcot:

whatever it is is still there in Spaceship Earth during the descent back to load. I feel it/him most strongly near the very bottom of the down ramp. either that or I'm veeerrryyy sad to be leaving Spaceship Earth. :p

I felt something near the entrance to Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. kind of faint, but there. I should go on my way out next time I'm there.

I think the 'creepy feeling' some people are reporting in The Living Seas is some kind of sonic effect from being surrounded by water on all sides. I know the feeling and it's no different than in any aquarium I've been to.

I tried real hard in El Rio Del Tiempo, and although I'll readily admit to feeling pensive whenever I first enter the temple and begin floating towards the Pepper's Ghost effect, I don't think it's anything that can't be explained by the music, lighting, fog, and dimensions of the room (it's quite low and errie). Unless I get some further proof, I'm gonna pull that one off the list.

that's it. feel free to argue, ammend or mock as desired. ;)

bhg469

Re: A ghost in the house in which I grew up.

Originally posted by Grim Grinner
The house I spent a good part of my childhood in was haunted. I was there when the place was built, and to the best of my recollection, had never feared any part of the house. However, there was a corner in the NE section of the basement that always seemed dark despite the windows. The basement was partially above ground, so I always felt comfortable.

I shied away from that corner, which aggravatingly enough is where my parents would put the Christmas tree and all its presents. One night, my step-brother and I has built a fort in the basement and were telling "Masters of the Universe" stories to one another, when all of a sudden part of the fort collapsed. Keep in mind, this fort of ours covered the entire basement. I crawled out of the "main base" and looked out-

Flying around in a eight-pattern was what looked like a red shirt. It seemed bright and glowing, but in that weird strobe-like way it seemed as if my mind kept alternating between seeing it and not. Reflexively I grabbed it- immediately making my arm go numb. My little step-brother was yelling about the cold, but I felt none of it. In terror, we bounded up to the third floor to inform our parents.

Over the years, Nathan and I tried to experiment with the "ghost". I would generally appear once a month. It never liked things that gave off light- flashlights, Tvs, and those glow-in-the-dark ping pong balls that came with those cheap plastic guns...

Items of that nature that were placed there would disppear or get destroyed. The coolest thing it ever did was suck in a Maglight. Now those things are made of airframe steel, nigh invulnerable. Ever take a straw, cap one side and suck on it? That what this mag looked like after the ghost was done with it. Later on, I sent that light to the company, and they sent me the $300 baton light back with a note asking me how I managed to do that.

I've got plenty of stories about this thing, and truth be told- was only one of three actual ghosts in the house. Two, my mom and I actually got rid of.

creepy dude, just creepy, can we see the mag light?

Slipknot

Originally posted by Lovecraft
I am interested in hearing your story, Static-X.

After much reluctance.... and since it happened again last night...

I dont exactly KNOW what happened. All i know is that SOMETHING wanted to hurt me, which it did. There was hardly any blood both times. I now have two scars for the rest of my life... does not bother me though.

As for me being psycologically fudged up, that is a WHOLE different story that I dont think I will ever get to the point where I can talk about it.... EVER!!!!!!!

dae_woods

This almost creeps me out enough to keep me from going to WDW 3 times a year...almost. I would hate to only go twice. :hammer:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Urban Legends

One source you may want to reference with the various Disney Urban Legends is Snopes.com. There is a whole area specific to Disney and plenty of interesting tid-bits. Some of the truths are stranger than the tall tales.

raven

Wow! I can't believe this thread is still going. But thanks to Static-X and Bluesnut (who have built their entire membership posts around this thread :D ), it's still going.

Bluesnut, since you are in St. Louis, I'm sure you've heard of Lemp Mansion. It's 3 blocks from my grandmother's house and it's been rated America's most haunted house. Check it out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom