Disney World Hauntings

Main Street USA

Originally posted by Keyblader Ax
Wasn't the recent BTMRR death at DL maintenances fault?

Yeah, most likely. Well, I guess in any case, it's impossible for that to be the guests fault. I mean, the train came off the tracks.

So, you can chalk it up to 2 deaths in which the guest was NOT at fault. Thanks for reminding me. :)

STGRhost

There have been somewhere around 12 guest deaths at Disneyland, and only 1, maybe 2 at DisneyWorld.
I assume you mean reported, accidental deaths within the theme parks, because otherwise those numbers are WAAAAY off. Keep in mind that millions of people have been to both of those resorts (every year? I'm pathetic with numbers). With that many people, you have to take for granted that people will die, and they do - all the time. Natural causes. Traffic accidents. Foul Play. Suicide. It happens. They don't report ALL of them on the news because 1) It's life, and 2) They need time for all the other news. And, though sad, someone dying of a heart attack or in a traffic accident is not really news.

Also, the Custodial CM that died (yeah, it was 5 years ago last week) fell from the cab into a planter near Dumbo. He started at the F-land Skyway station, and obviously never made it to Tomorrowland.

Anyway, I used to do custodial at MK, and walked through (cleaned restrooms in) the Adventureland breezeway dozens of times, and never had a problem with it. I honestly can't say I've felt "creepy" in too many places, even when I knew something had happened there. The exception maybe HM (I chalk that up to good themeing). It has been fun reading about it all, though.

conntom

Iam a GHOST HUNTERS any body can see a ghost. I started
to see spirits 15 years ago now I can see them all the time.
Yes I did see one in the HM of a old man.
It's not scary IT's just a person thats not here anymore and
in life they love Disney to. A person can see a spirit out of the
corner of your eye they are there for a second and gone
they don't want to scare you.( No Iam not kiding)

Djali999

Originally posted by Static-X
What happened? Or am I gonna have to search for your story?

it's really a non-story. I got through it and grew to love it. wow. amazing. =)

tho I was vindicated one day because I saw this kid who was 11 or 12 doing the same thing I was doing way back then and I actually calmed him down by talking about the ride and eventually ended up in the doombuggy with him so he could get through it without having it ruined. I did good, he made in through it alive and probably ended up going on a lot of stuff at WDW he wouldn't otherwise have gone on.

Disney really underestimates the power of that howling wolf sound loop outside. it drives some kids up the wall. I'm glad they restored it after a 3 month abscence; Mansion just ain't Mansion without it. =)

meanmice

Originally posted by Djali999
tho I was vindicated one day because I saw this kid who was 11 or 12 doing the same thing I was doing way back then and I actually calmed him down by talking about the ride and eventually ended up in the doombuggy with him so he could get through it without having it ruined. I did good, he made in through it alive and probably ended up going on a lot of stuff at WDW he wouldn't otherwise have gone on.

That was really nice of you

Main Street USA

Originally posted by STGRhost
I assume you mean reported, accidental deaths within the theme parks, because otherwise those numbers are WAAAAY off.

I was speaking more of accidental deaths, or deaths that had something to do with being in the park, in which case, the numbers are real close.

A heart attack or other natural cause could happen anywhere, therefore it had nothing to do with DL or WDW.

STGRhost

I was speaking more of accidental deaths, or deaths that had something to do with being in the park, in which case, the numbers are real close.

A heart attack or other natural cause could happen anywhere, therefore it had nothing to do with DL or WDW.

Yeah, I realize my comment may have come off as a bit of a rant. I get a little worked up over the implication that NO ONE dies at Disney World, OR that there's some type of cover up if there are deaths, etc... I agree, the accidetal deaths in the parks is probably right around that number.

And I hope I don't sound like I'm offended by the ghost stories (to be more on topic). I think they're quite fun, and interesting, but I take 'em all with a grain of salt.

Slipknot

Originally posted by conntom
Iam a GHOST HUNTERS any body can see a ghost. I started
to see spirits 15 years ago now I can see them all the time.
Yes I did see one in the HM of a old man.
It's not scary IT's just a person thats not here anymore and
in life they love Disney to. A person can see a spirit out of the
corner of your eye they are there for a second and gone
they don't want to scare you.( No Iam not kiding)

Seen many myself. But, i feel them more than I see them.

Gregbert

Very interesting post. To be honest, I have never had any eerie feelings. The strange feeling I have around Tom Sawyer Island, HM, POTC, and etc are a feeling of history. Many of these places have been around since the opening of the park and it is a feeling of nostalgia. It pulls me to them.

Though, I do have to admit that when I went to the MK in 2001 and I was walking through Fantasyland, I stopped at the Skyride station. I just kept looking at it. It just sits there with nothing happening to it. Vacant! That is eerie by itself and that is before I even known about this unfortunate individual who fell to his death.

Not so much ghost but I am attracted by the age of some of the buildings on the site.

Take care,
Greg

Main Street USA

Yeah, I realize my comment may have come off as a bit of a rant. I get a little worked up over the implication that NO ONE dies at Disney World, OR that there's some type of cover up if there are deaths, etc... I agree, the accidetal deaths in the parks is probably right around that number.

And I hope I don't sound like I'm offended by the ghost stories (to be more on topic). I think they're quite fun, and interesting, but I take 'em all with a grain of salt.

Eh, your post was fine. I was just clearing up the point of my initial post.

And yeah, I agree, all the talk of no one ever dying, or being delcared dead, on WDW property is a joke.

As far as the ghost stories go, I've seen a few things in my life that just about seal it in my mind that spirits DO exist around us. That being said, I see no reason why there wouldn't be 100's or even 1000's at WDW. :)

Slipknot

Re: re: Disney World Hauntings

Originally posted by Gregbert
Not so much ghost but I am attracted by the age of some of the buildings on the site.

Take care,
Greg

So, would you say its the history as well?

no2apprentice

With that many people, you have to take for granted that people will die, and they do - all the time. Natural causes. Traffic accidents. Foul Play. Suicide. It happens.
Very true, but I can't help but wonder, how many in the parks? Do you have any hard statistics? If not, as a CM (or any other CM who reads this), how often did you see someone in serious trouble who needed medical aid in the parks, to the extent that it was life threatening?

Please don't take this post wrong, I am not doubting anyone. I am just honestly curious how often someone may die on property due to medical conditions, not trauma from an accident on a ride or similar circumstances.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom