Disney World Hauntings

STGRhost

Do you have any hard statistics? If not, as a CM (or any other CM who reads this), how often did you see someone in serious trouble who needed medical aid in the parks, to the extent that it was life threatening?
Hard statistics? No. Certainly not. But I can tell you that I, personally, dealt with (mostly, dealt with the aftermath, for lack of a better word) 6 or so instances in the 2+ years I was in GR, and heard about plenty more. And many, many less serious (NOT life threatening) situations as well. And a little digging (in, say, the archives of the Orlando Sentinel, for example) can provide you with examples, but probably not the numbers your looking for (I doubt those are available anywhere).

As far as the ghost stories go, I've seen a few things in my life that just about seal it in my mind that spirits DO exist around us. That being said, I see no reason why there wouldn't be 100's or even 1000's at WDW
Oh, I completely agree! Like I said, I haven't experienced anything on property, but I do believe that stuff like this happens. And I can think of very few more appropriate places for spirits to dwell than WDW - all those emotions, and all those people (souls) for all those years. No question.

Not so much ghost but I am attracted by the age of some of the buildings on the site.
I know exactly what you mean - I love all the "old" stuff in WDW.
There are a couple neat websites devoted to that kind of stuff:
http://home.cfl.rr.com/omniluxe/wyw.htm - My favorite, though it hasn't been updated recently...Also has lots of links

http://members.tripod.com/~savehorizons/bwdays.htm - Boardwalk and Baseball, anyone? (I have driven past this site many times, just to see...Orlando has many, many cool "lost" attractions.)

(Are we allowed to mention other websites? I'm not affiliated with either of these. I forget what the rules are, so someone let me know, and I'll edit my post accordingly)

Gregbert

>I know exactly what you mean - I love all the "old" stuff in >WDW.
>There are a couple neat websites devoted to that kind of stuff:
>http://home.cfl.rr.com/omniluxe/wyw.htm - My favorite, >though it hasn't been updated recently...Also has lots of links

Thank you for those links. I am going to have a lot of fun checking those out. This will work well for my thesis project.

Take care,
Greg

SirNim

attachment.php
Dust illuminated by the flash at the Smithsonian in DC. :D

bigbadwolf

I got this info from-

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/DisDeaths.html

I'm not 100% sure if its true.

"A man who got claustrophobic at Space ship Earth and could find no one to stop the ride jumped off and got ground up in a motor. Before Disney called an ambulance, they blocked the view and sent Disney 'hosts' into the crowd to question witnesses to find out just how much they did see, taking names and personal information of those who might later turn up in any lawsuit testimony."

Maybe this is why you get those FEELINGS on SE.:lookaroun

Slipknot

Originally posted by bigbadwolf
I got this info from-

"A man who got claustrophobic at Space ship Earth and could find no one to stop the ride jumped off and got ground up in a motor. Before Disney called an ambulance, they blocked the view and sent Disney 'hosts' into the crowd to question witnesses to find out just how much they did see, taking names and personal information of those who might later turn up in any lawsuit testimony."

Maybe this is why you get those FEELINGS on SE.:lookaroun

Thats a new one on me!!!! I doubt its true cause I would have remembered hearing SOMETHING about it. You know the media...

STGRhost

I got this info from-

Wow.... I don't think I've seen a more biased site (for OR against Disney.) Some of it's pure crap, some of it is made up of half-truths and exaggerations. Some of it could be true, but should we really believe the "facts" presented by someone who calls it "Sea World, Universal Studio's Water Park"? (Heh - see? I can pick out one tiny thing and make a case out of it, too!:eek: )

Thats a new one on me!!!! I doubt its true cause I would have remembered hearing SOMETHING about it. You know the media...
This was my point earlier - between the media and the sheer number of CMs (not all of whom have any particular loyalty to Disney) employed in the "world", I have a hard time believing the constant allegation of a cover up. Also, having worked in both Guest Relations and Custodial, and as a Trainer, I can say I have NEVER been directed to try to cover up an accident/incident, and I was ALWAYS told to dial 911 in an emergency, before telling a manager(common sense, I think). Now, I didn't work attractions (though many friends have), so I can't comment on the training in that situation with any authority...

Topic? - It ~WAS~ an interesting try at an explanation for the creepies in SE!;)

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by Djali999

- Contemporary Resort Observation Deck - I was up on this thing one night and suddenly got a very strong sensation that I was about to fall over the edge... turns out somebody killed themselves in this manner at some point in time.

Wow, When I watched Wishes from there (higher then the 4th floor, more like, the 10th or 11th floor) I got extremely uneasy. Just realizing I could die, right there, at that very moment, had me wanting to go back inside. I had to stand, holding on to the handrail, in the staircase. I could still see Wishes great though.

I also feel the same way inside the Contemp. at higher levels.

I am not afraid of heights at all...just at the Contemporary, I get scared being so high.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a ghost. I'm open to anything, and I'd prob. be scared at the moment, but I think it would do me good to see one.

Djali999

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a ghost. I'm open to anything, and I'd prob. be scared at the moment, but I think it would do me good to see one.

I've only ever actually *seen* one, unless you count "ghost lights". actually it's not really scary at all because your brain doesn't go "ghoooooossssssttt!" until after they're gone.

unless, of course, you get one that's really amorphous or has a particuarly nasty appearance. I was in a house in Washington DC once that supposedly has a woman wearing a veil who stands at the top of the stairs with a lit candle. she sometimes pulls off her veil to reveal a decaying skull..

of course, I didn't feel a thing at the top of those stairs, so that's probably both an urban legend and a bad example. :p

conntom

By the way I work in a Manison that was built in 1845
I know the history of the house.
Some people that have come to the house have seen
somethings happen but its not scarie.
To manny people think of Hollywood and scarie movies
a spirit cant hurt you scare you yes but not hurt you.

:lookaroun

raven

I live with a ghost and have grown up with them and accepting them as part of life, so nothing out of the ordinary seems to bother me anymore. I simply look at it as if it is just another person whos there but I cannot see.

When you see stuff like this on TV you get very scared. But when it happens in real life, and you are used to it, its more compelling and fastinating than it is anything else. I'm not scared at all. My ghost makes his presence known to me many times a week and I'm fine with it.

conntom

To Static-X sorry I had a stroke 7 year ago and it took me
a long time to write the way I do now sometimes I would like
to write one thing and something else comes out.
I will try harder.

Grim Grinner

A ghost in the house in which I grew up.

The house I spent a good part of my childhood in was haunted. I was there when the place was built, and to the best of my recollection, had never feared any part of the house. However, there was a corner in the NE section of the basement that always seemed dark despite the windows. The basement was partially above ground, so I always felt comfortable.

I shied away from that corner, which aggravatingly enough is where my parents would put the Christmas tree and all its presents. One night, my step-brother and I has built a fort in the basement and were telling "Masters of the Universe" stories to one another, when all of a sudden part of the fort collapsed. Keep in mind, this fort of ours covered the entire basement. I crawled out of the "main base" and looked out-

Flying around in a eight-pattern was what looked like a red shirt. It seemed bright and glowing, but in that weird strobe-like way it seemed as if my mind kept alternating between seeing it and not. Reflexively I grabbed it- immediately making my arm go numb. My little step-brother was yelling about the cold, but I felt none of it. In terror, we bounded up to the third floor to inform our parents.

Over the years, Nathan and I tried to experiment with the "ghost". I would generally appear once a month. It never liked things that gave off light- flashlights, Tvs, and those glow-in-the-dark ping pong balls that came with those cheap plastic guns...

Items of that nature that were placed there would disppear or get destroyed. The coolest thing it ever did was suck in a Maglight. Now those things are made of airframe steel, nigh invulnerable. Ever take a straw, cap one side and suck on it? That what this mag looked like after the ghost was done with it. Later on, I sent that light to the company, and they sent me the $300 baton light back with a note asking me how I managed to do that.

I've got plenty of stories about this thing, and truth be told- was only one of three actual ghosts in the house. Two, my mom and I actually got rid of.

Slipknot

Originally posted by conntom
To Static-X sorry I had a stroke 7 year ago and it took me
a long time to write the way I do now sometimes I would like
to write one thing and something else comes out.
I will try harder.

Dude... Everyone here bugs others about grammer, spelling, etc. To me its all one big joke, so thats what i was trying to do.. get you and some other people to laugh about it.

:snore:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom