Disney World Hauntings

Djali999

Originally posted by daoVinci
Now I feel a little bit better...but I doubt I'll be getting much sleep tonight. We're taking my 2-1/2 year old in November... do we take him in HM or not???

if he clings to the gate and begins screaming, then no. :p

if he starts crying in the stretching gallery, then ask a CM for the chicken exit.

a lot of kids do fine on it. unlike me, when I was five. :D

Slipknot

Re: gimme a break!

Originally posted by sharky23
One time at WDW, my brother and I stayed up late and we snuck down to the lagoon from the polynesian. It was hot and muggy and very still. we sat down and lit up a smoke we had stoled from our dad (stupid kids) when we heard this heinous gurgling sound. Our hair stood on end. We knew we were not alone. Slowly, we craned our necks to the 5 o'clock position and there, standing before us, gasping for air, was creature from the black lagoon!

We ran off in different directions, and i found myself lost on a tiki-torch lighted path. Suddenly, all the flames extinguished! I was terrified and starting walking slowly back away from the torches.

I stopped. There was something blocking my way.

I turned, hoping it was a tree or a post. What i saw turned me whiter than ivory...

It was the phantom of the opera!

AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yeah OK WDW is haunted!

Actually, Bigfoot lives in fort wilderness, and the dragon during the water pageant is actually the Loch Ness Monster!

Pfft!

-sharkster

:p :p

:sohappy: Took you long enough to post LoL

kellydisney

Off topic a bit...

someone mentioned the stretch rooms as elevators on this post somewhere. The last time I went to Disney (FL) our stretch room had a crack in the door that they let you out of to load onto the ride. The room isn't an elevator at all as I saw the room behind the door stay still the entire time. It's the top of the room that stretches while you stay in one place. Did anyone else know this?

Slipknot

Originally posted by kellydisney
Off topic a bit...

someone mentioned the stretch rooms as elevators on this post somewhere. The last time I went to Disney (FL) our stretch room had a crack in the door that they let you out of to load onto the ride. The room isn't an elevator at all as I saw the room behind the door stay still the entire time. It's the top of the room that stretches while you stay in one place. Did anyone else know this?

Maybe that is what they want you to think. :lookaroun

Gucci65

I'm sorry I've been away a few days and missed this thread...

guests have reported coming off the ride, late at night when it's quiet, and seeing a little boy standing alone at the exit (at the top of the moving ramp) and crying

Okay...now I'm creeped out. I love HM--always have--, but when I was five or so, I came off it crying. This one part was too intense. Toward the end, when the Bride is saying in that creepy, echoey voice "come baaaaack."

That part didn't bother me, but in that same area, the little boy crying was just too realistic to me. The way It would look at you as you passed by...it really freaked me out.

Nobody else knew what I was talking about, they hadn'y seen it. I could imagin how they'd missed it. But it wasn't there when we went a few years later. I'd just assumed they'd taken it out because it was too traumatic.

Now I feel a little bit better...but I doubt I'll be getting much sleep tonight. We're taking my 2-1/2 year old in November... do we take him in HM or not???

Okay, out of all the posts on here....this is the only one that has given me goosebumps (and it's almost 2pm)

SirGoofy

Hey everyone! Wow what a great thread. There is only one place at WDW that I can truely say has terrified me. It's the Alien scene in GMR. I was always terrified when I went through it as a little kid, and I still get uncomfortable when I pass through it now. I always wonder what is up with that place, and now I may have my answer :eek: .

Main Street USA

Originally posted by kellydisney
Off topic a bit...

Hiya!

Yeah, the original Haunted Mansion in DL is an elevator, because it needs to go down below to allow guests to pass underneath the railroad tracks to the show building.

In WDW there's no need to go up or down, so instead of you going down (like an elevator), the upper part of the room rises, and you remain still. :)

Gucci65

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Hiya!

Yeah, the original Haunted Mansion in DL is an elevator, because it needs to go down below to allow guests to pass underneath the railroad tracks to the show building.

In WDW there's no need to go up or down, so instead of you going down (like an elevator), the upper part of the room rises, and you remain still. :)

Well I've learned something new today. I always thought we were going down:hammer:

VinnieG

Re: Re: POTC Ghost Stories....

Originally posted by civileng68
On a serious note. where is Walt really buried?
Forest Lawn Glendale Cemetary in California.On his marker is also Robert Brown,Wife Lillian and his daughter Sharon.

Keyblader Ax

I'm sorry I've been away a few days and missed this thread...

guests have reported coming off the ride, late at night when it's quiet, and seeing a little boy standing alone at the exit (at the top of the moving ramp) and crying

Okay...now I'm creeped out. I love HM--always have--, but when I was five or so, I came off it crying. This one part was too intense. Toward the end, when the Bride is saying in that creepy, echoey voice "come baaaaack."

That part didn't bother me, but in that same area, the little boy crying was just too realistic to me. The way It would look at you as you passed by...it really freaked me out.

Nobody else knew what I was talking about, they hadn'y seen it. I could imagin how they'd missed it. But it wasn't there when we went a few years later. I'd just assumed they'd taken it out because it was too traumatic.

I think the little bride you're talking about is as they call 'mini leota' and when i went in early january, it was there.

Keyblader Ax

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Yeah, I read about those deaths, too. However, those both took place at Disneyland, not World. There have been somewhere around 12 guest deaths at Disneyland, and only 1, maybe 2 at DisneyWorld. I could easily look these up, but I'm just that lazy. :lol:

All but one of the Disneyland deaths took place because the guest was at fault. The only one that didn't involved one of the dock tie downs at the Riverboat. It broke loose and went flying through the crowd of guests waiting to board and struck the wife, and then the husband. Sad stuff.

Wasn't the recent BTMRR death at DL maintenances fault?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom