Disney World Hauntings

Slipknot

my girlfriend is kinda/sorta into witchcraft and helped me refine the "sense." its not that they are drawn to any one place more than another. They are all around us at every moment no matter what. its just that i can only sense a short radius around me.

Main Street USA

Originally posted by bigbadwolf
No one has really talked about the people mover.
There have been some deaths on that ride before.-I think 3..
I know 2 of them.
The accidents are closely the same, both involve college students, and both dared to jump the space between the opposite moving cars.
The 1st guy got his legs caught, he jumped to early, and he ended up getting smashed in between both of the cars.
The other guy jumped waaay way to early; he got his foot caught in the front of the car. He was dragged until the passengers screams where heard by the CM at the controls.

Both of course died... That’s why you see that sign before entering the tunnel and when you pass by the opposite moving car.
I highly recommend avoiding this death trap...
:lookaroun

Yeah, I read about those deaths, too. However, those both took place at Disneyland, not World. There have been somewhere around 12 guest deaths at Disneyland, and only 1, maybe 2 at DisneyWorld. I could easily look these up, but I'm just that lazy. :lol:

All but one of the Disneyland deaths took place because the guest was at fault. The only one that didn't involved one of the dock tie downs at the Riverboat. It broke loose and went flying through the crowd of guests waiting to board and struck the wife, and then the husband. Sad stuff.

Djali999

Originally posted by Main Street USA
There have been somewhere around 12 guest deaths at Disneyland, and only 1, maybe 2 at DisneyWorld. I could easily look these up, but I'm just that lazy. :lol:

whereabouts could I find this information?

I was also wondering if you could possibly direct me to the exact place where the Skyway worker fell to his death. yes, i know... morbid, but I'm curious. I was under the impression he was simply pushed off the platform.

PS - Static and blues - yes, I worked up the list so I could know where to go when I do go lookin' for ghosts. it will come with me. =)

Tramp

Originally posted by Main Street USA
There have been somewhere around 12 guest deaths at Disneyland, and only 1, maybe 2 at DisneyWorld. I could easily look these up, but I'm just that lazy. :lol:

All but one of the Disneyland deaths took place because the guest was at fault.

Howdy Zac!

Those are impressive stats when one considers the millions of people that have passed thru the Disney theme park gates!

Main Street USA

Howdy!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. However, as rare as those occurances take place, it's still such a sad thing to see stuff like that happen when the #1 priority when at Disney is to have the time of your life. :rolleyes:

As I said, though, most of the time, nearly all, it's because the guest is doing something extremely unsafe.

1disneydood

I must stink. I never get those weirded out feelings. Even when we were playing in the woods at 2am in fort wilderness. :(

I live in new orleans and never see ghosts or anything. Took the haunted history of new orleans tour and although interesting, it didn't spook me the least. Maybe I'm immune, from watching hardcore horror movies since I was 5.:lookaroun

I guess I would be scared ####less if an anctal ghost approached me, don't get me wrong. :eek:

Slipknot

Originally posted by 1disneydood
I must stink. I never get those weirded out feelings. Even when we were playing in the woods at 2am in fort wilderness. :(

I live in new orleans and never see ghosts or anything. Took the haunted history of new orleans tour and although interesting, it didn't spook me the least. Maybe I'm immune, from watching hardcore horror movies since I was 5.:lookaroun

I guess I would be scared ####less if an anctal ghost approached me, don't get me wrong. :eek:

Trust me, you are not immune because of gore filled horror movies.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Re: POTC Ghost Stories....

Originally posted by PirateJosh20
I am a Cast Member who works at Pirates of the Caribbean. George is in Walt Disney World, NOT DisneyLand.
And we do talk about George. However it is NOT true about saying Good Morning to him when we power up the ride in the morning. We only say good night to George... I know that several times people forgot to do so and the next day we would exprience some diffuculties. Its really fun to work in an attraction that is known to be "haunted."

Some CM's have said they have seen George in the cameras. Sometimes we find doors open that we know we have closed behind us. Some CM's have felt tapping or tugging on their costumes as if someone was behind them getting their attn, but there is never anyone there....

No Walt Disney is not burried in POTC. I have heard that a few times when there. No I have never seen George. But I have witnessed some creepy things happen in that building.

On a serious note. where is Walt really buried?

Djali999

Originally posted by Atta83
The sites posted above are great they tell you the stuff you want to know.....

Atta

Snopes is great, but that's only Disneyland stuff. and I trust Anomalities Unlimited about as far as I can throw it, which I suspect would be not far. and the other link is written with a rather unnerving glee that makes it hard to swallow. AND it's about DL, not WDW.

oh well. I'm under the impression that DL has had far more accidents than WDW, but it'd still be nice to know.

sharky23

gimme a break!

One time at WDW, my brother and I stayed up late and we snuck down to the lagoon from the polynesian. It was hot and muggy and very still. we sat down and lit up a smoke we had stoled from our dad (stupid kids) when we heard this heinous gurgling sound. Our hair stood on end. We knew we were not alone. Slowly, we craned our necks to the 5 o'clock position and there, standing before us, gasping for air, was creature from the black lagoon!

We ran off in different directions, and i found myself lost on a tiki-torch lighted path. Suddenly, all the flames extinguished! I was terrified and starting walking slowly back away from the torches.

I stopped. There was something blocking my way.

I turned, hoping it was a tree or a post. What i saw turned me whiter than ivory...

It was the phantom of the opera!

AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yeah OK WDW is haunted!

Actually, Bigfoot lives in fort wilderness, and the dragon during the water pageant is actually the Loch Ness Monster!

Pfft!

-sharkster

:p :p

daoVinci

I'm sorry I've been away a few days and missed this thread...

guests have reported coming off the ride, late at night when it's quiet, and seeing a little boy standing alone at the exit (at the top of the moving ramp) and crying

Okay...now I'm creeped out. I love HM--always have--, but when I was five or so, I came off it crying. This one part was too intense. Toward the end, when the Bride is saying in that creepy, echoey voice "come baaaaack."

That part didn't bother me, but in that same area, the little boy crying was just too realistic to me. The way It would look at you as you passed by...it really freaked me out.

Nobody else knew what I was talking about, they hadn'y seen it. I could imagin how they'd missed it. But it wasn't there when we went a few years later. I'd just assumed they'd taken it out because it was too traumatic.

Now I feel a little bit better...but I doubt I'll be getting much sleep tonight. We're taking my 2-1/2 year old in November... do we take him in HM or not???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom