Disney to make daily announcements about new park offerings - 12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas

Tony the Tigger

CBR, Pop, and AoA have alternatives: Bus to DAK and transfer to Epcot or DHS.

Another alternative is any other resort.

So, pointless extra crowding on the DAK buses for less efficient travel when they can just run fewer buses than they do now.

I’m all for the sky travel. It just doesn’t make sense to make it the only route (if that’s even the case.) Typically there are options.

peter11435

So, pointless extra crowding on the DAK buses for less efficient travel when they can just run fewer buses than they do now.

I’m all for the sky travel. It just doesn’t make sense to make it the only route (if that’s even the case.) Typically there are options.
Most resorts do not offer more than one type of transportation to each destination. So in most cases there really aren't options. As pointed out above there is no alternative to the monorails when traveling from the MK resorts to Epcot.

They really couldn't run less busses than they already do and have one available every 20 minutes or so as they claim.

Kman101

We've had the bus discussion, several times. lol. Personally, I find Gondola's, which hang from a wire, a little different than a monorail on a concrete beam. Some people just won't use them. Not saying they should base everything around the minority of those who will pitch a fit (if some of you think guests won't pitch a fit I have a bridge to sell you) but I think they'll get more blowback than they expected. I'm pleased the gondolas load at ground level. As someone with a minor heights fear I plan to use the gondola when I can, but everyone's different.

It's easy to dismiss something you don't go through. I think it's a mistake to just offer the gondola. And yes, I'm well aware of the transportation variations at the resorts, I don't need to be told there are other modes or that guests can "stay elsewhere". I guarantee you a castmember won't tell that to a guest.

And I'm glad some of you that shrug your shoulders don't have an irrational fear to struggle with ;) and no I'm NOT saying Disney should cater to that. But it exists.

And most of the resorts have been built with other modes of transportation, from boats to busses to monorails. They didn't just 'take away' busses for another mode of transportation. It's like telling guests "sorry, no bus anymore, but we have a boat, good luck". That's what they're doing, telling guests who are conditioned to bus service that, sorry, this will no longer be an option, oh well, deal with it. Eventually people will but I just don't see it being smooth. IMO. I'd not want to be a guest services cast member at these resorts when the gondola rolls out. How many Minnie Van comps will they give out? Will they pay for a guests taxi who pitches a fit about taking the gondola? I mean, most of you are aware of the first world problems that people come up with on a Disney vacation.

EDIT: Sorry, I got caught up in the gondola/bus thing I actually had assumed I was in the gondola thread ... lol ...

Last edited:

Kman101

The question is, if they did provide buses, how far could they cut them back and have it still be a viable method of transport?

I don't really know that they can. Less busses doesn't really bother me, I'm for it, but I personally just don't see it going smoothly with those guests who have come to expect bus service at these resorts. It's different building a new resort with a gondola and saying there's no bus service, just gondola.

Disone

I don't really know that they can. Less busses doesn't really bother me, I'm for it, but I personally just don't see it going smoothly with those guests who have come to expect bus service at these resorts. It's different building a new resort with a gondola and saying there's no bus service, just gondola.
"who have come to expect bus service...." And apparently selected that resort because they really love bus service??? Come on.... I am sure the vast majority will be thrilled. For the one offs that are not happy and so pit off by it Disney will find away to appease them. In the past Disney has worked with guests who are displeased by a particular resorts transportation offerings and have offered to move the guests to a comparable resort the guest would likely enjoy more.

The percentage of guests who will say " I have come here before and the Bus ride to Epcot is one of the experiences I come back for" will be slim to none.

Frizzball

Just adding an example of a resort with two modes of transit, Port Orleans Riverside, where I stayed in August, has both a boat and a bus service to Disney Springs. I don't ultimately see the problem with removing the bus service for the cable car though seeing as the latter will be way more frequent and the percentage of guests who can't or won't use them will be minuscule especially with the changes being made to the resorts being as widely promoted as they are. The option of transferring buses really seems to me to be a decent alternative given how infrequently it will be required.

Cmdr_Crimson

Even she is confused....
3DWDrpb.gif

britain

Maybe in an hour another "special additional" announcement will be added like they have on the past two days.

It's very small potatoes, but I give it a full star for at least not being painful to look at like the Pixar Parade photoshop hack job.

1 / 5

Kman101

"who have come to expect bus service...." And apparently selected that resort because they really love bus service??? Come on.... I am sure the vast majority will be thrilled. For the one offs that are not happy and so pit off by it Disney will find away to appease them. In the past Disney has worked with guests who are displeased by a particular resorts transportation offerings and have offered to move the guests to a comparable resort the guest would likely enjoy more.

The percentage of guests who will say " I have come here before and the Bus ride to Epcot is one of the experiences I come back for" will be slim to none.

LOL.

I don't think you've really grasped what I was trying to say.

Kman101

That's not the point I was trying to make. No one is going to say that and I wasn't trying to say the bus experience is what brings them back or makes them book the resort. I have no doubts the gondolas will attract a lot of new visitors to those resorts and most won't care and will love using it. That's a better experience to me than the bus service they offer, hands down. But yeah I do think a LOT of guests will complain. Look at what some guests gripe about now.

Kman101

Anyway, moving on from the gondola/bus debate ... lol at the Moana announcement. I mean ... really? And of course it's a "premium experience".

The only announcement I've appreciated so far has been the gondola station concept art. Something most of us haven't seen yet. The rest isn't news to us. I guess the parade "floats" (which look small and lame) for Pixar Play at DL was new. But these announcements aren't really for "us" lol so I'd say it's been a decent idea and those who don't know any of it are probably getting excited lol

disnyfan89

The Moana experience sounds a lot like Enchanted Tales With Belle, just now at an extra price; at least it'll get the kiddies excited. I think they missed an opportunity to do something along the lines of an intimate, small scale, theatre experience. I think that would have been a better premium offering

Sounds more like Tea with Alice since it's 90 min long and Moana plays games with the kids.

disnyfan89

Have zero idea what that is or where its located

It's at 1900 park fare:

"
Disney Characters from Wonderland invite kids 4 to 12 years of age for an hour of games, stories and cupcakes.

To sip on, kids are given a special “tea” that tastes remarkably like apple juice. The pint-sized partygoers also get to decorate cupcakes with sprinkles and more, make a craft to take home with them and have their photos taken with their very merry hosts.

For reservations to the Wonderland Tea Party, please call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom