Disney to make daily announcements about new park offerings - 12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas

JohnD

So, yellow huh? Better than pink. It's odd in that you can see they took the original Sleeping Beauty Castle architectural arrangement, flipped it, and then stretched it tall. (Small correction - the Notre Dame steeple is now in the center.)

Still, better than Shanghai.

But, is there no way through the front gate now? Is that all stage? (Like Shanghai?)

View attachment 248881

Seriously? The current SB castle blended in very nicely with the surrounding mountains. I agree with others. This is the permanent 25th anniversary birthday cake castle with sprinkles.

wdizneew

So, yellow huh? Better than pink. It's odd in that you can see they took the original Sleeping Beauty Castle architectural arrangement, flipped it, and then stretched it tall. (Small correction - the Notre Dame steeple is now in the center.)

But, is there no way through the front gate now? Is that all stage? (Like Shanghai?)

View attachment 248881

Looks like it will be similar to Shanghai where you approach the castle from the sides. The stage and moat will be right in front of the castle with a seating/viewing area.

HKDL-SITEPLAN-161121-re.jpg

No Name

Odd that they're making announcements about the foreign parks considering their original announcement about the announcements said it would be Disneyland, WDW, Aulani, and DCL. This is why it's no good to read into what they say.

View attachment 248881

Not sure what you mean, but the original castle is still there, the new part is just being built behind it.

Looks like it will be similar to Shanghai where you approach the castle from the sides. The stage and moat will be right in front of the castle with a seating/viewing area.

View attachment 248919

In Shanghai, you can literally walk around the castle 360 degrees. Here it looks like a similar viewing area, but the paths are more resemblant of MK. I think that's a better design choice.

Last edited:

peter11435

Odd that they're making announcements about the foreign parks considering their original announcement about the announcements said it would be Disneyland, WDW, Aulani, and DCL. This is why it's no good to read into what they say.

Technically each day has had an announcement regarding one of the domestic properties they listed. The foreign park announcements have both happened as second announcements.

Last edited:

Disone

Disney Parks Blogian:
"Finally, cabins will slow down at the Disney Skyliner turn-station along Buena Vista Drive, where guests can see the mechanical and aerial components that make up the Disney Skyliner."

English:
"Finally, cabins will slow down at the Disney Skyliner turn-station in the Boardwalk Parking Lot Adjacent to a Retention Pond, where we got lazy and figured it didn't need theming, so you get to see the raw mechanics."

Exactly what I thought!

That stuck out for me, too. Everything else actually looks pretty good, but when I read that, I thought they were trying too hard to make it out like we are LUCKY ENOUGH to be able to see an unthemed turn station.

Again yes 100%

It's bizarre - it's like someone was standing behind the copywriter REQUIRING them to write about each Skyliner construction spot. Just leave it out.

And yet no mention of the Riviera, but they may be that due to legal reason, that resort is still a "proposed" DVC resort so the probably cannot speak about that station until technically the resort goes from "proposed" to official. OR.....

Does make me wonder, during the morning rush to go to the parks..... will they keep every few gondolas empty to ensure guests of the Rivera can get on? Logistically it maybe be easier to have an internal shuttle the Rivera guests use (aka bus) to access the main Carib. station? Surely with a resort as spread out as CB, they are going to use an internal shuttle to bus to and from the main station to the villages of CB anyway, Maybe they just decided to include the Riviera in that?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Does make me wonder, during the morning rush to go to the parks..... will they keep every few gondolas empty to ensure guests of the Rivera can get on?

We don't know yet (or, at least, the ones who know aren't saying). They can radio the other stations asking for empty gondolas; or, empty gondolas are purposely sent on a set schedule; or, everybody gets off at the Riviera station and back in line, thus mixing in Riviera guest with other guests.

Disone

We don't know yet (or, at least, the ones who know aren't saying). They can radio the other stations asking for empty gondolas; or, empty gondolas are purposely sent on a set schedule; or, everybody gets off at the Riviera station and back in line, thus mixing in Riviera guest with other guests.
yeah, those were the logistics I was thinking would be more complicated then just shuttling them over to the main station. There would even be the option of the Riviera station being arrivals only. Guests could get off, stay on, but not board there. I have been on a system that had a stop like that. The Riviera only 300 villas, so sending the occasionally empty one, or keeping every X one empty may also work. I'll assume some number cruncher will figured that out. If not they'll experiment and figure it out a few months after the system has gone live.

BrianLo

I like the new castle and always (well before there was a glimmer of hope) despised the sleeping beauty clone. The mountains absolutely destroy the scale staring down the barrel of Main Street. It only looks ok when standing in front of it with the ‘mountains’ - ok they are more like hills - barely breaking the horizon.

It’s why no one post a photo from Main Street, it appears even smaller than it actually is from that distance.

Edit: took me a while to find one, the forced perspective that Walt crafted does not work when the horizon sits above it.

100_5347-e1452563638313.jpg

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

As long as guests are patient and courteous, there will be no issue.

At ski resorts, with young children in ski boots and equipment, loading and unloading is rather seamless.

I have no ski experience so I'm not able to picture how these will work. I was more thinking, waiting in line for a gondola, riding to station one, exiting, walking to another line, waiting, boarding again etc. I'm just wondering if the overall commute time will be similar to the bus system. Kids move much slower than adults :)

DisneyDreamer08

NO buses. JUST LIKE THE MONORAILS. People who are afraid of heights, scared kids, will deal with this system as the do with Monorails and the system will be easy to use and fully ADA compliant.

We might be past the stroller stage on our next trip but, do you think strollers can be wheeled in, or will they need to be folded up?

GCTales

I like the new castle and always (well before there was a glimmer of hope) despised the sleeping beauty clone. The mountains absolutely destroy the scale staring down the barrel of Main Street. It only looks ok when standing in front of it with the ‘mountains’ - ok they are more like hills - barely breaking the horizon.

It’s why no one post a photo from Main Street, it appears even smaller than it actually is from that distance.

Edit: took me a while to find one, the forced perspective the Walt crafted does not work when the horizon sits above it.

100_5347-e1452563638313.jpg

YIKES!!! I had blotted that view from my memory...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom