Disney to make daily announcements about new park offerings - 12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas

disnyfan89

Before you all judge, please...consider the coconuts.
tumblr_inline_ompzi7kE7v1r25f7y_540.gif

Disone

LOL.

I don't think you've really grasped what I was trying to say.
I reread your post and your two responses and honestly I don't know that I haven't grasped what you're saying. You're making an argument for why they will or should keep buses running on top of the new transportation system they are adding. And doing so you tried to illustrate that some guests will be caught off-guard and upset by the fact that the buses are no longer offered and instead a Gondola transportation system has replaced them. They are used to the buses and this is what they've come to expect. To change that now would be upsetting... Sure maybe at a new resort that doesn't have Decades of bus service that people have come to expect, I would be less jarring. Because of this they are really going to have to deal with a significant percentage of guess who will be upset by the change. I disagree, I wholeheartedly disagree.

While they will undoubtedly be somebody who will complain, there is ALWAYS somebody who will complain, that population is not going to be significant. Disney will deal with a guest who complains on a one-on-one basis.

They are spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a new transportation system and I assure you they are doing so with the intent of replacing not supplementing the buses. That way those buses can then be used to beef up the remaining lines that have not been replaced with a transportation system. With the addition of the minivans, which are going to get expanded, Disney will be well-positioned to deal with any individual guess who just cannot handle the gondola for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Kman101

I reread your post and your two responses and honestly I don't know that I haven't grasped what you're saying. You're making an argument for why they will or should keep buses running on top of the new transportation system they are adding. And doing so you tried to illustrate that some guests will be caught off-guard and upset by the fact that the buses are no longer offered and instead a Gondola transportation system has replaced them. They are used to the buses and this is what they've come to expect. To change that now would be upsetting... Sure maybe at a new resort that doesn't have Decades of bus service that people have come to expect, I would be less jarring. Because of this they are really going to have to deal with a significant percentage of guess who will be upset by the change. I disagree, I wholeheartedly disagree.

While they will undoubtedly be somebody who will complain, there is ALWAYS somebody who will complain, that population is not going to be significant. Disney will deal with a guest who complains on a one-on-one basis.

They are spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a new transportation system and I assure you they are doing so with the intent of replacing not supplementing the buses. That way those buses can then be used to beef up the remaining lines that have not been replaced with a transportation system. With the addition of the minivans, which are going to get expanded, Disney will be well-positioned to deal with any individual guess who just cannot handle the gondola for whatever reason.

Yeah, I'm not arguing to keep the bus service at these resorts. I was just making an observation and what I thought would happen, not what I want to happen. It didn't need to be picked apart because you disagree. But that's fine, you can disagree. Neither of us know for a fact how the guest will react, it's all just assumptions we're making.

I'm NOT saying guests will MISS the magical bus experience, I'm saying they're USED to having it and people don't like change. It's all moot, as it doesn't matter what we think because the busses are going away and gondolas are coming. I'm just not sure the rollout will be smooth at first, there's really no true point I'm trying to make. I'm all for the gondola's.

THE Monorail Lime

Ye gads, that's fairly hideous looking. Shanghai is going to have competition on the ugliest castle honors.

Reminds me of those Planet Hollywood milkshakes where they just pile a bunch of stuff higher and higher. Makes me want a milkshake less and less.

observatory-menu-header_shakes.jpg
Ha beat that toothsome chocolate factory!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom