Disney to make an expansion announcement today.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I've been following this thread since I first saw the topic...I had to read through some of the last few posts today a couple of times...incredulous...it must be a joke. Is this really the "EXPANSION" announcement? Benches?
Is it April? Specifically the first day of that month?
Come on now.

Mawg

I bet they are going to take the benches out of lights Motor Action and add them to F! Did they fail to mention at the press release that they are closing LMA to get the benches, of course they did.

So they are really not adding more capacity to F! They are just adding more seating so that people can't stand in the nose bleed section. It won't do anything for capacity; only ensure that people will have a more enjoyable time if they can find a seat. If not too bad for you, there will be no place to squeeze in anymore and stand and watch so you'll have to leave and hope there is another show during your vacation that you can go to.

Oh and since most people never get my sarcasm, the LMA bit was some of it.

baymenxpac

All benches means no overflow standing capacity, which makes it easier to 'sell' seating at F! via Fastpass plus.

Even adding benches is a calculated move to increase revenue.

in fairness, i don't expect them to turn away from a move that will help them increase revenue that doesn't infringe on show.

i just wouldn't invite the press to an event announcing it. or bill it as an "expansion."

Mawg

That would be nice, but since they pack the house with this show, they are probably thinking why spend money updating it when the people come anyways. I saw the one at Disneyland last month and it blows this one away, so much better at the land.

Oh, I should also add that almost everything at Disneyland was better than at the World, I was shocked. It was a very enjoyable vacation and I hadn't been to Disneyland in 10 years. I recommend to anyone one here that if you have not been to Disneyland in the last 5 years, you should really consider skipping your next WDW vacation and plan one to Disneyland.

TalkingHead

Universal has 3 projects going right now that they haven't "officially" announced yet (Transformers, Potter, and Springfield) and this is what Disney holds a press event for? Universal didn't even have the press down for Hollywood Drive In Mini Golf or Cabana Bay.

Further evidence (as if we needed more) that the TDO execs are completely clueless. None of those higher-ups thought this would turn into a joke?

Why is it I hear Allen Iverson saying, "We're talking about benches, not Fantasmic. We're talking about benches..."

wdwfan4ver

That would be nice, but since they pack the house with this show, they are probably thinking why spend money updating it when the people come anyways.
That is true with TDO's thinking. Outside of Memories, Magic and you!, Night shows at WDW hasn't changed for a long time because the shows are very popular such as Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.

asianway

That would be nice, but since they pack the house with this show, they are probably thinking why spend money updating it when the people come anyways. I saw the one at Disneyland last month and it blows this one away, so much better at the land.
You should see the one at TDS!

DisneyFan 2000

It doesn't matter when Disney announces this DCA-lite expansion for DHS, or anything for Epcot/DAK/MK, Uni has enough to counter everything.
Seriously, it's like watching the school bully getting a good beating from one of the geeks. (Not that I consider Disney a bully, just making an analogy)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Considering Disney didn't make an announcement can you all now stop acting like the 'announcement' didn't live up to your expectations?

Instead let's go back and see how you were mislead from the start and you jumped in blindly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom