Disney to make an expansion announcement today.

Lee

Adventurer
Maybe the added seats are in preparation for a future replacement of Fantasmic
That's the thing..they aren't adding capacity to the theater. Replacing standing area with benches keeps capacity the same, only difference being that those folks at the top will be sitting now. There is no "expansion" of anything but metal benches.

Fantastic may well see some changes down the road, but this is not connected to them at all.

lazyboy97o

Maybe the added seats are in preparation for a future replacement of Fantasmic
I think less shows is more likely. While capacity does not increase, the seating capacity does which means higher satisfaction ratings on surveys. Somebody gets to look good because surveys will be better than if people were made to stand for the single show all while also showing a reduction in costs.

jensenrick

That's the thing..they aren't adding capacity to the theater. Replacing standing area with benches keeps capacity the same, only difference being that those folks at the top will be sitting now. There is no "expansion" of anything but metal benches.

OMG, it just gets worse and worse!

KevinYee

I have been trying really hard not to join the twitterverse in the mocking, but it's so difficult. Waltisms lend themselves especially well to this. "Fantasmic will never be complete as long as there are benches left in the world."

Or maybe they will theme the new benches to look like the Griffith Park bench?! Laughable.

Disneyhead'71

Universal has 3 projects going right now that they haven't "officially" announced yet (Transformers, Potter, and Springfield) and this is what Disney holds a press event for? Universal didn't even have the press down for Hollywood Drive In Mini Golf or Cabana Bay.

SirLink

Universal has 3 projects going right now that they haven't "officially" announced yet (Transformers, Potter, and Springfield) and this is what Disney holds a press event for? Universal didn't even have the press down for Hollywood Drive In Mini Golf or Cabana Bay.

Hey I ain't complaining if it means next time I come to FL I can have my peaceful week up in St.Augustine and one great week at Universal and not have to leave it all will be good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom