Disney Stock Price

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
But he ran the price up before.......

Now he spent the piggy so maybe trading cash/stock for companies he valued at x does not equate to investors valuing the total worth of the company as much as before the spend so we wait until he can rev up the circus and pump it back up. All the market chatter about what a value it is this week when institutions are pouring money back into the market seems like running ads at tax refund time to get people to buy your stuff and very Disney

Wall Street ran the price up on pure tripe about streaming. The Bob's just told them what they wanted to hear at the time. They are all still playing catch-up to Netflix and dancing to whatever tune they play. Netflix announces sub numbers, so the rest have to announce sub numbers. Netflix announces profits and revenue, the rest have to announce profits and revenue. It's rather funny, when you think about it.

The stock is still overpriced at $90/share. Bring it to $50/share and you're probably about where it should be. Brand erosion right now is real, despite what the ardent defenders would have you think. $lappie brought a world of hurt to the brand, but it started under Iger. Disney used to stand for quality merchandise, decent prices, quality entertainment, and head-and-shoulders above others when it came to theme parks (and they were priced so that you didn't feel ripped off or take to the cleaners). 2 decades of Bob's farming have sown some really bad seeds which they have to harvest now. $lappie's "squeeze them for everything we can" pricing schemes are being exposed, people are complaining more and more. How is any of that going to bring prestige back to the word, "Disney"? Iger doesn't have a plan, but if he does, anytime he wants to let us know would be appreciated. Disney feels more and more like it's adrift without a captain.

JoeCamel

Wall Street ran the price up on pure tripe about streaming. The Bob's just told them what they wanted to hear at the time. They are all still playing catch-up to Netflix and dancing to whatever tune they play. Netflix announces sub numbers, so the rest have to announce sub numbers. Netflix announces profits and revenue, the rest have to announce profits and revenue. It's rather funny, when you think about it.

The stock is still overpriced at $90/share. Bring it to $50/share and you're probably about where it should be. Brand erosion right now is real, despite what the ardent defenders would have you think. $lappie brought a world of hurt to the brand, but it started under Iger. Disney used to stand for quality merchandise, decent prices, quality entertainment, and head-and-shoulders above others when it came to theme parks (and they were priced so that you didn't feel ripped off or take to the cleaners). 2 decades of Bob's farming have sown some really bad seeds which they have to harvest now. $lappie's "squeeze them for everything we can" pricing schemes are being exposed, people are complaining more and more. How is any of that going to bring prestige back to the word, "Disney"? Iger doesn't have a plan, but if he does, anytime he wants to let us know would be appreciated. Disney feels more and more like it's adrift without a captain.
current P/E is 53, why anyone would buy I have no idea but there are dreamers that think they can grow into it. I doubt Short Timer Bob (STB) can get the job done before he tootles off again but it trades ~14M a day so some interest for sure.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
And what's the first thing that families cut out when the economy starts going down? Travel. What's propping Disney up right now? Travel. But somehow, people keep saying "everything is fine!" with the parks because "they are as packed as ever". Do people really believe that song will continue playing without stopping? That people will keep spending on a Disney vacation, and likely adding to their overall consumer debt to do so, without pause? I want some of what you're smoking if you do, because that's some really good stuff.

What happens if Disney gives in to the NBA's insanity for broadcast rights renewals and ponies up $2 billion a year for NBA broadcast rights (From their current $1 billion per year), or even $3 or $4 billion per year? Where's that money going to come from? If they think they can grow ad interest for NBA broadcasts to cover it, more power to them, but I think it's a fool's paradise.

JoeCamel

And what's the first thing that families cut out when the economy starts going down? Travel. What's propping Disney up right now? Travel. But somehow, people keep saying "everything is fine!" with the parks because "they are as packed as ever". Do people really believe that song will continue playing without stopping? That people will keep spending on a Disney vacation, and likely adding to their overall consumer debt to do so, without pause? I want some of what you're smoking if you do, because that's some really good stuff.

What happens if Disney gives in to the NBA's insanity for broadcast rights renewals and ponies up $2 billion a year for NBA broadcast rights (From their current $1 billion per year), or even $3 or $4 billion per year? Where's that money going to come from? If they think they can grow ad interest for NBA broadcasts to cover it, more power to them, but I think it's a fool's paradise.
But if they stay home they are D+ customers........ They think

Jrb1979

Judging by the dining offer and the room discounts coming for next summer it's already happening.

thomas998

Maybe Disney will come to their senses and not pay anything for the NBA and let go somewhere else. Frankly I think Disney should have been cutting back on the sports coverage for quite sometime. Better yet split the company up and throw off a new stock that owns ESPN, and one that owns ABC... I still don't see the logic in holding onto these assets.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Maybe Disney will come to their senses and not pay anything for the NBA and let go somewhere else. Frankly I think Disney should have been cutting back on the sports coverage for quite sometime. Better yet split the company up and throw off a new stock that owns ESPN, and one that owns ABC... I still don't see the logic in holding onto these assets.
I believe they bought the rights to SEC football over CBS now as well.

I agree letting go of the NBA however

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This doesn’t make any sense. How would the owners ever make any money?

Only by selling, then they cease being investors.
Well first…”dividends” had a specific purpose…it was to reinvest/strengthen the company which lead to more valuable stock.

It wasn’t just “gravy” for owning a stock. Stockholders should get rewarded…when they sell the stock.

And speaking of…we know Wall Street Isn’t about numbers…its a “confidence game”…

So if you’re the ceo and 80% of your immense wealth is tied to a stock price and options…and a strong dividend boosts “confidence” and drives share prices and investors…
…wouldn’t it behoove to cut every corner you can to boost that attractive dividend?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom