Disney Stock Price

JoeCamel

I'm much the same way; I divested myself of volatile stocks starting about two years ago, and moved stuff into bonds and CD's and some rental real estate. Slow and steady wins the race, and once you reach a certain age you can sit back and enjoy it. Isn't Capitalism great?!?

That said, 2021 was a lucky year for me personally. If I'd been as good at timing markets my whole life as I was for a brief, shining moment in '21 (mostly out of dumb luck), I'd be a Billionaire. 🥴

One item I lucked into about a year ago: I sold my big, old, paid-off house in OC at the tip-top of the market. I went up to OC last week for dinner with friends from the old neighborhood. My former home is still off the market. The investment firm of hotshots that bought it from me misjudged the turn in the market and it's still just sitting there. I think they're trying to figure out what to do with it, and many other properties they bought in the suddenly collapsing OC real estate market. Rent? Sell at a loss? Hold it until this spring and pray for a miracle?

At least they've still got a landscaping crew stopping by every Tuesday, and they're still watering the lawns. Suckers. 🤣
I feel the same, sold 2021 and didn't look back when cashing the check, bought new in a new area and sleep great at night.

Goofyernmost

I feel the same, sold 2021 and didn't look back when cashing the check, bought new in a new area and sleep great at night.
You're indeed lucky. I got my butt beat last year in my retirement account. It had been doing great for the last 12 years and all of a sudden it has been dropping like a rock. It isn't an easy task to just pull money out because of the penalties connected with retirement accounts. but it kicked the crap out of me and I don't even have any of my investment in Disney. I once owned a few shares of Disney that I bought for $25.00 per share and the value never changed over about 5 years so than I sold. That was long before it hit the $200 mark so I really cannot be upset about it, but that is how my blind luck timing has been. The last few months my accounts have started to stabilize but it needs to start climbing again.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You're indeed lucky. I got my butt beat last year in my retirement account. It had been doing great for the last 12 years and all of a sudden it has been dropping like a rock. It isn't an easy task to just pull money out because of the penalties connected with retirement accounts. but it kicked the crap out of me and I don't even have any of my investment in Disney. I once owned a few shares of Disney that I bought for $25.00 per share and the value never changed over about 5 years so than I sold. That was long before it hit the $200 mark so I really cannot be upset about it, but that is how my blind luck timing has been. The last few months my accounts have started to stabilize but it needs to start climbing again.
I feel bad for you…

Because you weren’t pompous about it.

Others talked about their 401 like it was made of diamonds in a sealed vault somewhere

It has been mostly speculation for at least 25-30 years. And the danger in that is people who are 101% greed driven get to talk their way to more money. That’s “not trustworthy” in the textbook sense

It can’t keep going up without some correction. The economy is most healthy on the 7 year cycle…we’re at double that.

JoeCamel

You had 12 years of free money with the fed flooding the market with cash. Your retirement just adjusted to the mean it isn't "down"
At your age there is no penalty to pull money out of an exempt account just pay the taxes at ordinary rates

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
You just sell the mutual funds or stocks in your retirement account and leave it there in cash without taking a penalty, at least not a government penalty. You just can’t withdraw it out of the account.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Because they’re leaving money on the table.
Premium Genie+ Bathrooms. 2-Ply Luxury.
Yeah. Holidays aren’t a good barometer for this. Let’s see how they do in late Jan and early Feb.
Quite well. Winter months are no longer slow months. If you go by discounted availability and rack rate availability, February with the marathon and other events is packed.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Multiple outlets report that "Disney is undervalued", "Disney should hit $110 by xx/xx/2023", "Disney poised to shine in 2023". Stock price is up over $6/share in the past 2 days.

i think not coincidence GIF

;)

StarshipDisney

Because they’re leaving money on the table.

That is for sure. We went last month, and I can say the following:

- Saw plenty of stuff I wanted to buy, but because you can no longer send packages back to your resort and would have to carry everything around all day...well...let us just say that I did not buy much like I usually would have.
- The current state of Disney made me drop 3 days from our Disney trip to move over to Universal. Spent money that would have otherwise gone to Disney.
- Experiencing the current state of Genie+ has insured that we won't go back until this is changed for the better.
- Experiencing the current state of daily room service has insured that we won't go back until this has improved.

From my point of view, they are leaving money on the table now and destroying the future by damaging the "Disney Brand". For instance, I have done nothing but trash Disney in casual conversations since our trip. This includes grocery stores, doctor office, restaurants, friends, neighbors, etc. This was the worst trip ever and I don't mind being vocal about it. Hope Iger can manage to save the place now that Chapek has destroyed it.

I hope the stock price continues to decline. Disney deserves it!

Lilofan

- Saw plenty of stuff I wanted to buy, but because you can no longer send packages back to your resort and would have to carry everything around all day...well...let us just say that I did not buy much like I usually would have.
- The current state of Disney made me drop 3 days from our Disney trip to move over to Universal. Spent money that would have otherwise gone to Disney.
- Experiencing the current state of Genie+ has insured that we won't go back until this is changed for the better.
- Experiencing the current state of daily room service has insured that we won't go back until this has improved.

From my point of view, they are leaving money on the table now and destroying the future by damaging the "Disney Brand". For instance, I have done nothing but trash Disney in casual conversations since our trip. This includes grocery stores, doctor office, restaurants, friends, neighbors, etc. This was the worst trip ever and I don't mind being vocal about it. Hope Iger can manage to save the place now that Chapek has destroyed it.

That's the common attitude - Misery loves company.

JoeCamel

Disney is not the stockholder it is the pension and institutional funds that own it. Hurt the stock you hurt people depending on that money to live on.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Can't argue with your points, but... who do you think started all of this? The same guy they brought back.

JoeCamel

Can't argue with your points, but... who do you think started all of this? The same guy they brought back.
But he ran the price up before.......

Now he spent the piggy so maybe trading cash/stock for companies he valued at x does not equate to investors valuing the total worth of the company as much as before the spend so we wait until he can rev up the circus and pump it back up. All the market chatter about what a value it is this week when institutions are pouring money back into the market seems like running ads at tax refund time to get people to buy your stuff and very Disney/Bob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom