Disney Stock Price

the.dreamfinder

Amusement parks aren't part of Apple's "core" business. See InBev.
Would it be fair to say that the Parks are more central to Disney’s identity and business than say a leisure business side hustle at a beer company?

If we were to follow this “core” business idea, why would Apple be spending billions a year in Hollywood right now and potentially hundreds of billions for Disney?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Would it be fair to say that the Parks are more central to Disney’s identity and business than say a leisure business side hustle at a beer company?

If we were to follow this “core” business idea, why would Apple be spending billions a year in Hollywood right now and potentially hundreds of billions for Disney?
Apple is a communications and information technology company. With their "side hustles" of music and video entertainment content, I think they're just drawing entertainment into vertical alignment as content to be played over their technology.

The parks, however, are so much more than the "technology/entertainment" realm, as now you're roping in lodging, food service, transportation, and multi-functional talent management -- a huge HR headache with all those trades and creatives you have to manage, not to mention the 80,000 or so you need -- just in Florida -- to take care of tens of millions of tourists each year...

No, I can see Apple looking at the parks as nothing more than an opportunity to (a) franchise and (b) publicize some IP. I'm sure someone out there would be willing to take the parks off their hands at the right price.

Apple might be smart to sponsor the parks just long enough to let them self-incorporate, as what happened with SeaWorld Entertainment, since all the infrastructure's already in place.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Why would they? Parks are incredibly profitable and there’s room for long term growth domestically and internationally.

When you look at the market cap for DIS, it's not that large especially when considering a company asset raid to sell off the parts after acquisition.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Been quiet here.

1707426452962.png

1707426713625.png

Vegas Disney Fan

Sometimes that happens when the previous post was 9 months ago…

But 3 cheers…they’re almost back to 4/29/22 when it was In a nosedive.
It’s also not the first bump we’ve seen recently, it had a good bump after the third quarter reports of 2022, before falling again, then had a good bump when Iger returned, which quickly disappeared, and has been on the rise ever since the proxy wars heated up a few months ago.

I hope it keeps going up, for the health of the company, but I’m not going to get excited over a day or two, if they can maintain it for a couple months I’ll give them credit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom