Disney selling "chocolate animal poop"?

DABIGCHEEZ

People think it's all fun and games now, but you just wait - we'll be having a story soon where some little kid gets sick because they pick up real animal dung and try to eat it thinking it's candy.

Hope they clean up the petting zoo area at Planet Watch... lots of sweet treats there!;)

Last edited:

AEfx

Hope they clean up the petting zoo area at Planet Watch... lots of sweet treats there!

That doesn't count. Kids are going to be educated about the different types of poop via this method - they will only eat it if it looks exactly like elephant, giraffe, etc. poops. No way will they mistake the poop in there for those, because little kids are very discerning in the poop they eat. ;)

Seriously, though - I agree - some kid is gonna walk in there and be "OH MY GOD! CANDY EVERYWHERE!" and catch something gross. Just a matter of time.

DABIGCHEEZ

That doesn't count. Kids are going to be educated about the different types of poop via this method - they will only eat it if it looks exactly like elephant, giraffe, etc. poops. No way will they mistake the poop in there for those, because little kids are very discerning in the poop they eat. ;)

Seriously, though - I agree - some kid is gonna walk in there and be "OH MY GOD! CANDY EVERYWHERE!" and catch something gross. Just a matter of time.

My post about the free sweet treats at the petting zoo was a joke... my kid ate green gummy frogs when he was little and for all the frogs and toads he caught, imagine my surprise that he never ate a real one!

asianway

This is what the journalist said - since Sentinel is behind an annoying paywall:

Since he seems to be overall supportive of the simulated poo eating, I doubt he made it up. I'm sure someone somewhere out there has taken a picture of it and one will show up.

Internal product listings often are temporary, and since other animals people have reported buying replicated poo of don't say it, I'd assume it simply wasn't an updated SKU at the time he purchased it. It happens all the time in retail. Chances are, they hadn't figured out what to call it yet at the time the simulated poo listings were added. I'm sure they have fixed them all by now.
Thats Dewayne "my name may as well be Lou" Bevill. He's on the Disney PR payroll as much as any other blogger

AEfx

My post about the free sweet treats at the petting zoo was a joke... my kid ate green gummy frogs when he was little and for all the frogs and toads he caught, imagine my surprise that he never ate a real one!

People keep saying things like that and I'm really confused as to what point it's supposed to make.

Your kid ate gummy frogs (which don't really look like real frogs) and didn't eat real ones, therefore, no kid who eat replicas of animal dung will mistake real animal dung for candy?

It's like saying "I've never been in an accident, I don't need to wear a seatbelt, they have never saved my life."

AEfx

Merlin AND others... did any of you ever eat a Whoopers malted ball or chocolate covered raisins or peanuts?

Hope so, cause actually they are White-tailed Deer, Rabbit and Guinea Pig terds.:D

I swear, the logical fallacies in this thread are bad, even for a Disney site. ;)

Are they presented as feces and labeled as belonging deer, rabbits, or guinea pigs? Are they intended to be sold as replicas of it per Disney? Are people going to be running around shoving them in their faces making constant poop jokes on a regular basis in a Disney park?

This is not a case of "this resembles" to immature folks - like I said, I was rolling my eyes at the beginning when folks were posting about this elsewhere, because lots of things may resemble a turd (my original example of a chocolate donut hole), until I realized what was really happening. This is being sold and marketed as replicas of animal poop.

Clearly, such a different thing.

It's okay if you just like to eat poop replicas, hey - more power to you. Eat poop. Enjoy it! As it swishes around in your mouth just think of how wonderful poop is.

CDavid

I can't believe so many people are this worked up about something so silly. It's not like they replaced all the Mickey bars at the ice cream carts at AK with poop on a stick. If you don't want to play along, buy a different treat. Simple.

lighten up people. geez

I'll ask again, exactly who is it here that you (and others) think is so worked up over this? I've seen people state that they find this offering in poor taste and that it isn't the sort of culinary creation which Disney's Animal Kingdom should be developing, both of which are perfectly valid opinions, but I've yet to see anyone making a big deal out of it. Indeed, as happens far too often on these forums, it appears those most "worked up" are the posters rebuking those of us who have a critical opinion of this little dessert.

MarkTwain

I actually find the poop-themed offerings pretty amusing. Say what you will about tastefulness, but at least it's a creative concept and well-themed to the area. I'd much rather have something like this then just the exact same Gummi candies and pucker powder that they sell everywhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom