Disney selling "chocolate animal poop"?

MerlinTheGoat

Children (from my experience with kids) generally won't eat poop out of their own curiosity. I assume this is because of the smell. Dirt, sand or bugs usually lack a strong scent warning them against putting it in their mouths (so it's common for kids to try them). Young kids put almost anything and everything in their mouths at a young age if they aren't stopped, but poop is one exception (that I assume is related to the smell, possible a built in instinct).

The caveat however- If they previously had something resembling and explicitly labeled poop that they know tastes good, it's entirely within reason that they might make an exception based on a positive past experience (ignoring smell related instincts).

I'm actually being serious (if you think I'm not). Often times as a parent, you offers lessens when you can. I don't think I've every talked to my kids specifically about not eating poop beyond more generic "don't put stuff in your mouth" conversations. Eating the fake feces would certainly open an actual window to emphasis the dangers of eating real stuff.
While i'm glad you as a parent would use this opportunity to teach your children a lesson, I do think you're giving parents in general far too much credit in assuming they would all do the same.

Last edited:

AEfx

The outrage in this thread is so over the top that it is frightening.

What's frightening is that people think that there is over the top "outrage".

This is like when you go to a Star Wars site. The anti-anti-Prequel people that insist that anyone who expresses negative opinions about the Prequels are screaming "GEORGE LUCAS (BLANKED) MY CHILDHOOD!!!!!!!! I HAVE POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS!!!!"

The over-reaction to perceived over-reaction is often much more over-reactive than what it's reacting to in the first place. ;)

But hey, enjoy - go eat poop! :)

MerlinTheGoat

I think it's cool. The outrage in this thread is so over the top that it is frightening. It's something relevant to the park and although odd it does inform people in a way (they have simulated animal feces in many zoos and parks, it's not some taboo that must not be explained).
I wouldn't call it outrage at all, more like just a general air of "that's pretty gross and trashy". But certainly not any militant people insisting this is the end of the world and that Disney is dead to them for doing this.

I'm not enraged with this, heck i'm not even really angry about it. Just a bit disappointed that Disney would stoop to this sort of trashy gross out humor. I also don't personally care if some stupid kid (with stupid parents to match) actually DOES go out and eat poop. I simply have enough experience with kids (and parents who suck at raising them) not to put it past them.

I've never seen any poop-themed food at a zoo before AK. Maybe at a Spencer's Gifts and other strange stores. My stance remains, I find it stupid, trashy and gross. I see nothing ridiculous about being grossed out by the thought of eating poop, it's that simple. I shouldn't have to explain why it's normal to want to keep the concepts of poop and food as far away from each other as possible.

Last edited:

AEfx

I shouldn't have to explain why it's normal to want to keep the concepts of poop and food as far away from each other as possible.

LOL, I would give you a hi-5 if I could.

Yes, that's my fascination here as well - I had no idea so many people liked to eat crap. I'm beyond Disney doing it - disappointed is the best word for how I feel as well - but fascinated that so many folks want to do it and even some who think kids eating real poop would be okay.

Perhaps they should serve it on a nice clean white plate with knife and fork?

Silly naive me, I always thought that was a pejorative statement when people said to do that, not an educational tool. ;)

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
kitty litter cakes.jpg

I heard from a bus driver that they were going to be selling "kitty litter" cake too....

DManRightHere

I'm OK with this. I'm not OK with eating ice cream from a toilet bowl.

I'd like to see a photo of the actual receipt and sales counter, as they're not labeled as poo. Those dang journalists.

AEfx

I'd like to see a photo of the actual receipt and sales counter, as they're not labeled as poo. Those dang journalists.

This is what the journalist said - since Sentinel is behind an annoying paywall:

I feel OK printing "poo" in a family newspaper because my itemized receipt from ultra-clean Disney clearly indicates "Poo, Giraffe."

The desserts are not labeled as poo in the case. Instead, it's the four animals that, um, inspired the goodies: giraffe, elephant, rhino and cotton-top tamarin. Signs instruct folks to "match the species."

Since he seems to be overall supportive of the simulated poo eating, I doubt he made it up. I'm sure someone somewhere out there has taken a picture of it and one will show up.

Internal product listings often are temporary, and since other animals people have reported buying replicated poo of don't say it, I'd assume it simply wasn't an updated SKU at the time he purchased it. It happens all the time in retail. Chances are, they hadn't figured out what to call it yet at the time the simulated poo listings were added. I'm sure they have fixed them all by now.

WDF

I never found the right occasion for that cake - other than a going away party for a co-worker that everyone hated... :)

It is all over the internet...usually as a Halloween party item. People make all kinds of bizarre food items for Halloween!

And a friend made it with a Girl Scout Troop after a session or whatever it's called about animal rescue and working with animal shelters. They said it was fun to make. It's just a joke, people.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Shrugs.... if you don't like it... then you don't like it. Why keep going on & on about it?
We get it, it bothers you, but for some its harmless fun.
I grew up eating candy cigarettes & guess what? I've never smoked a cigarette, I actually was president of a non-smoking club in High school.
Worms & Dirt was my favorite dessert as a kid, & I never went out and actually ate worms or dirt.
My grand parents made us Lego shaped jello & I never ate a Lego.

Seeesh... I get it, you don't want kids to mistake "Candy" for the "real thing" but there are plenty of items like this out there.
Its just not that serious.... just don't buy it if you don't find it appropriate. Serving kids playful candies doesn't make someone a stupid parent.

NYwdwfan

I searched and searched the internet and keep finding people referencing that article for the receipt indicating "poo" but no actual visual of the receipt. I'd like to see proof they are calling it poo. All we have now is @akayw0718 indicating that they are not. Pics or it didn't happen, if you will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom