Disney selling "chocolate animal poop"?

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
OK I found this:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/...and-the-poop-candy-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

And it features a photo of the food reference sheet they say is given to CMs:

Zuris-Match-the-Species-Reference-Page-547x625.jpg
Those pictures are markedly different than the pictures in the Orlando Sentinel.... ;)

UpAllNight

Mawg

Poop is poop. As kids we think potty humor is funny. As adults it becomes more inappropriate but to a zoologist it is a part of life. They spend quite a bit of time looking at poop. Not only do they have to be able to identify who's is who's but also be able to tell if there is something wrong with the animal by the change in it. I get that Disney may be trying to appeal to the potty humor crowd but it could also be educational for children if explained that way. If a kid wants to grow up to be a zoologist they are going to have to get used to and get over the disgust of poop.

Now, they could educate about this in a better way than making candy out of it but sometimes with kids you have to keep it fun. I don't have a problem with this either way, it's just poop, we all do it. In fact one of my kids wants to be a zoo keeper when he grows up. I think I'll buy him some and see what his opinion is. Not the taste of it, but the idea that you would have to work with this stuff on a daily bases and if he can get over the idea of what this crap is.

Gurgi85

Embarrassing. Another novelty to appeal to their ever growing Honey Boo Boo crowd.

This is where I was going with my thinking. Although I am not against the offering, you market to the guest that you want to sell to. I don't want to hear complaints when the parks offer similar demographic offerings in the future... just sayin'.

On the other hand, I think it's going to be hilarious when all you hear in the area is "Did you try the giraffe s***? It's delicious!" That will be classic! LOL

AEfx

Maybe WDW can expand culinary offerings by establishing Maplethorpe enspired cuisine?

That was my question - it seems to me that should they ever reopen WoL, they need a cafe that sells food that replicates genitals. I mean, it's natural, right? Everyone has genitals (one way or another). And what better way to introduce them to your child than on a plate during a meal at a theme park.

I don't see that as a "slippery slope" type deal, it sounds like exactly the same thing to me.

rucifee

I'd try it but not for $3.99, for that price I'd rather have something I really wanted like a (much larger) cupcake.

KC00

This isn't about appealing to the lowest common denominator/Honey Boo Boo crowd. It is about appealing to kids. Kids think poop is hilarious. I've worked in two different history museum settings and the most popular tour for kids at one was about how gross it really was to live in the 1700s (the curator jokingly called it "A Scatalogical History of our Sites"). The most popular kids books in the Museum shop at the other were from a series about how it might seem like it would have been fun to ride on the Mayflower or be a Roman soldier but in reality it was really difficult, dirty and in many ways disgusting. Kids love learning about that stuff.

I am sure that kids will get a huge kick out of this as well. I think that the fact that they have more than one kind of poop and the "guess the species" gimmick absolutely keeps it in the spirit of the park.

I can't believe so many people are this worked up about something so silly. It's not like they replaced all the Mickey bars at the ice cream carts at AK with poop on a stick. If you don't want to play along, buy a different treat. Simple.

Last edited:

ToInfinityAndBeyond

That was my question - it seems to me that should they ever reopen WoL, they need a cafe that sells food that replicates genitals. I mean, it's natural, right? Everyone has genitals (one way or another). And what better way to introduce them to your child than on a plate during a meal at a theme park.

I don't see that as a "slippery slope" type deal, it sounds like exactly the same thing to me.
676.gif

Nubs70

Just think how the humble parsnip could be transformed.

The artistic potential of parsnips and flanksteak is endless.

Nubs70

This isn't about appealing to the lowest common denominator/Honey Boo Boo crowd. It is about appealing to kids. Kids think poop is hilarious. I've worked in two different history museum settings and the most popular tour for kids at one was about how gross it really was to live in the 1700s (the curator jokingly called it "A Scatalogical History of our Sites"). The most popular kids books in the Museum shop at the other were from a series about how it might seem like it would have been fun to ride on the Mayflower or be a Roman soldier but in reality it was really difficult, dirty and in many ways disgusting. Kids love learning about that stuff.

I am sure that kids will get a huge kick out of this as well. I think that the fact that they have more than one kind of poop and the "guess the species" gimmick absolutely keeps it in the spirit of the park.

I can't believe so many people are this worked up about something so silly. It's not like they replaced all the Mickey bars at the ice cream carts at AK with poop on a stick. If you don't want to play along, buy a different treat. Simple.
I'm not worked up, I simply believe WDW is better than making culinary fecal replications.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom