Disney Scrapbook Idea Swap.

Kristi Kay

Original Poster
Were getting a fantastic collaboration of ideas! I’m so siked about using some ride font tonight!

Lsj1691, thank you so much for the link to the sale! I’m in love with the black mickey scrapbook!

I’ve had an epiphany! I’m going to get a small scrapbook, like 6 x 6 (I think they were one the sale site lsj1691 gave us) and make small scrapbooks for my family and friends I’ve been to Disney with in the past year! With all these grand ideas and few fonts, I’m feeling super inspired! I think everyone would love to get these for Christmas!!! It would be such a personal gift! :sohappy:

SewIn2Disney

sure! sounds great! There could be different sub-categories for disney scrapbooking sites, tips, money savers, swaps, etc.
I'm up for it!

Kristi Kay

Original Poster
I told one of my friends about our fantastic swap we have going on and she sent us these that she had found!

0114.jpg

100_1146.jpg

Disneyfalcon

For those of you who include autographs in your scrapbook - on what to you have the character sign? And with what type of pen?

I buy a spiral bound book of index cards. It's very easy to carry around with us and flip to an open page. We use black sharpies. They show up great in the scrapbook. Then when you get home just tear/cut out each autograph.:)

Kristi Kay

Original Poster
For those of you who include autographs in your scrapbook - on what do you have the character sign? And with what type of pen?

I've done a couple things with the character autographs. I've had them sign just the pages out of the autograph books w/ a black, red or blue acid free pen and I've also had them sign this small notebook I had with solid black cardstock w/ a silver sharpie or paint pen. In both cases, I've matted the signature.

ljs1691

Sharpies are the pens to use; however, they are not archival safe. I guess it depends on how concerned you are with the quality of your scrapbooks years down the road.

I love sharpies so much that I would probably just get creative when using them in a layout. My first thought would be to buy repositionable laminating pouches (they are acid free and photo safe). That way you keep the signature separate from any photos.

Kristi are your acid free pens similar to the sharpie?

Disneyfalcon

Sharpies are the pens to use; however, they are not archival safe. I guess it depends on how concerned you are with the quality of your scrapbooks years down the road.

I love sharpies so much that I would probably just get creative when using them in a layout. My first thought would be to buy repositionable laminating pouches (they are acid free and photo safe). That way you keep the signature separate from any photos.

Kristi are your acid free pens similar to the sharpie?

Actually they are listed as acid free. But if you're not comfortable with them there are tons of acid free pens out there. Just make sure they're fat enough for the characters to hold!:D

Kristi Kay

Original Poster
Scrapbook Convention.

I also wanted to let you guys know that there is going to be a memories scrapbooking expo in Orlando Nov. 16 and 17. They are going to have venders with the lastest scrapbooking acessories and teacher and classes to learn new techniques. It's only $10.00 to attend and they are going to have a 5 hour crop night and you can reserve tables for your group. If any of us want to do this, we could get a table together. I know its a long way in advance, but it give time to plan...

here is the link:
http://www.memoriesexpo.com/flshow.asp

Kristi

ljs1691

So Sharpies are listed as acid free? I was told that they are not. I think I'll have to do some more research on that because I LOVE Sharpies.

Kristi - I have a set of Stampin Up! markers like the Zig markers but I had not thought about them working well for character autographs. Hmmmm, good idea.

I was thinking about going to one of the Creating Keepsakes University events here in Nashville (in August). It is expensive but looks like it would be FULL of info and it would be a nice break from the kids. I wouldn't mind a trip to Orlando in November though. Any excuse to get to WDW.

Disneyfalcon

So Sharpies are listed as acid free? I was told that they are not. I think I'll have to do some more research on that because I LOVE Sharpies.

Kristi - I have a set of Stampin Up! markers like the Zig markers but I had not thought about them working well for character autographs. Hmmmm, good idea.

After some quick googling I'm not sure! Some websites say they are and some not. Some kinds definitely are - like their autograph marker.

So - I emailed Sharpie to see! I'll let you know if I hear back from them!

SewIn2Disney

I was told sharpies are archival safe, and it's what I use (I have a 50+ sharpie collection)
For scrapbooking autographs, I cut out 4x6 pieces of cardstock in various colors, and brought along a few retractible sharpies (thicker for the characters to hold) then I coordinated the cardstock with the character (yellow=mickey, pink=princesses, red=minnie, blue=donald, etc) I carried it all in a small pouch--it's easier then it sounds!

NeNe1298

Everyone has great pages. Thanks for sharing. I am loving all of the tips too.

We're going to Disney Wed-Fri next week. Is there a particular shop anyone likes to buy their Disney supplies. I was going to look in WOD of course any others I should check out?

I'm not new to Disney, just to scrapbooking.

Loving this!!:sohappy:

Kristi Kay

Original Poster
Everyone has great pages. Thanks for sharing. I am loving all of the tips too.

We're going to Disney Wed-Fri next week. Is their a particular shop anyone likes to buy their Disney supplies. I was going to look in WOD of course any others I should check out?

I'm not new to Disney, just to scrapbooking.

Loving this!!:sohappy:

Okay, this is my opinion-that’s it.

The WoD and the DTD scrapbook store are okay....just okay, absolutely nothing more. I always buy my actual scrapbook from there b/c they change yearly and they are good quality. They do have a few cool accessories and embellishments, but honestly, Hobby Lobby has 100 times better selection and quality. The stuff from Hobby Lobby looks really nice. They have specific papers for all the princess and the fab. 5. It does run with the same costs Disney would charge, but IMO it’s much much nicer. Also, when I lived in FL, I did my scrapbooking class at the Altamont Springs Mall and they had FANTASIC Disney stuff! It’s about 30ish min. outside of Disney property.

The last time I was at the DTD Scrapbook store was last Aug...so they may have stepped it up a notch since then....You’ll have to let us know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom