Disney Scrapbook Idea Swap.

Kristi Kay

Original Poster
WOW! I'm so impressed with everyones scrapbooks! This is sooo much fun!

Here are a few more layouts.

sb5.jpg

sb2.jpg

sb3.jpg

Disneyfalcon

For those of you who create your own pages - where do you buy your supplies? I used to live near a scrapbooking store - now the only places that are rather close to me are regular craft stores.

Also, any cost-cutting hints? I could probably spend a fortune on scrapbook stuff and never use all of it. What are some essentials that you always use?

I don't live near a scrapbook store anymore either so I stock up when I'm near one. I know I will use most Disney supplies eventually so I don't worry about using them. Otherwise I try to buy in sets. I know I'll use it if I have lots of matching stuff. I get the paper that matches the embellishments I like. I hate getting home and not having paper to match something I bought!

Mousememories.com does have a nice selection if you can't find Disney at your local store.

VT GAL

For those of you who create your own pages - where do you buy your supplies? I used to live near a scrapbooking store - now the only places that are rather close to me are regular craft stores.

Also, any cost-cutting hints? I could probably spend a fortune on scrapbook stuff and never use all of it. What are some essentials that you always use?

Sometimes ABC Distributing www.abcdistributing.com has scrapbook sets that aren't too expensive. The catalog is for businesses not for individuals, but you can see if you can get one since the catalog can come to your house and you are billed indiviually and not through the company. I would also check out the dollar store and wal*mart as they have cute stuff sometimes.

As for the cost cutting, I try to keep a map, the daily information from the hotel rooms, and anything else like that from each park in as good of condition as I can to add to pages. Also, at home depot in the paint section they have paint samples in the classic Mickey shape. I am not saying to go in and take a million, but I have picked up a few here and there...

Also, I try to keep the layouts to the primary colors that way if I see something on sale throughout the year then I can just pick it up and save it for the next scrapbook.

Sorry for the long post....

DoleWhip

All these pages are great! I love the idea of using pressed pennies, resort maps, and wristbands! I have used Fastpasses, Key to the World cards, and those brown napkins with Mickey on them. Any other items anyone collects while at WDW for their pages? Free embellishments are the best kind!*

*Free after lodging, park admission, dining and travel expenses, that is :lol:

k.hunter30

Sometimes ABC Distributing www.abcdistributing.com has scrapbook sets that aren't too expensive. The catalog is for businesses not for individuals, but you can see if you can get one since the catalog can come to your house and you are billed indiviually and not through the company. I would also check out the dollar store and wal*mart as they have cute stuff sometimes.

As for the cost cutting, I try to keep a map, the daily information from the hotel rooms, and anything else like that from each park in as good of condition as I can to add to pages. Also, at home depot in the paint section they have paint samples in the classic Mickey shape. I am not saying to go in and take a million, but I have picked up a few here and there...

Also, I try to keep the layouts to the primary colors that way if I see something on sale throughout the year then I can just pick it up and save it for the next scrapbook.

Sorry for the long post....
Love the Mickey paint idea! We just bought some Behr paint at Home Depot last night and I didn't even think of that usage for the disney paint chips! I love your ideas!

Kristi Kay

Original Poster
:wave: Here are some ideas that I've used in my scrapbooks that look really professional and are not too expensive.

1. I found that in the long run it is much cheaper to buy a letter cutting kit, than buying new stickers for your titles everytime. Most letter cutting kits allow you to use seval different fonts and styles.

2. If you have stickers, after you've used the sticker letter itself, I cut squares around every letter. Then, when I need those letters, I pull the sticker part off and put it on a cordinating piece of paper and very carefully cut around the outline. It gets you double use out of your stickers, then you have new letters with a nice border around the, from the origional color of the sticker.....does that make any sence?

3. Embellishments such as buttons, brads, eyelets are really cheap, once you've bought the hammer kit.

4. I like to mat my photographs on two colors of paper, then attach them to the page. The multi-color matting looks really nice.

I'll try to think of some more ideas....

Kristi Kay

Original Poster
Oh yeah, there are those Mickey and Cindy Castle die-cuts....They are great and I think they cutter is like 4 or 5 bucks.

Figment82

I'm currently in the process of scrapbooking my 7 months in the CP - going through over 800 photos...

One idea that I used that you might find fun - during the Food and Wine Festival I took one of the guidebooks that listed what foods were at each country. As I tried something, I highlighted it in the book. After the festival, I cut the pages out and added them to my scrapbook. That way, years from now I can remember all the great things I ate.

I've also collected all the FP's for each ride, then as the first page for each park I used a background page with that park's icon (from a scrapbooking kit sold at WDW) and attach all the FP's.

I'm also a packrat and keep everything. I have all kinds of random things in my scrapbook - like my first paycheck stub, my Earning my Ears ribbon, park tickets, EMH wristbands, special event pamphlets, etc.

I only wish I had more time to work on it!

SewIn2Disney

We don't have any specialty scrapbook stores near me (all three went out of buisness within one year!) I use Michaels, AC Moore, and Rag Shop (which is where I work--similar to Michaels, but we have fabric, and we're only located in NJ, NY, PA, CT, and FL)
I use the 40% coupons that all stores have in their flyers (and my employee discount) to save $$$. I also save everything from the trips--I take everything I can in threes...that way when you cut them up, you have one to use for the stuff on the front, one to use for the stuff on the back, and one to keep whole to tuck into a pocket page. All the free brochures, maps, napkins, tickets, etc can be cut apart and used as embelishements. I also save all scraps of paper (I have a 12x12 box that I keep them in) to use for future matting, punches, journaling boxes, etc. None of my paper goes to waste! I'm trying to stay away from stickers, as I think they are the most expensive and over-priced part of scrapbooking. If you're looking to do some budget scrapbooking, I would invest in a nice album, quality adhesives, and card stock. With just those three minimum things you can create a very basic, yet pleasing scrapbook. If you want to step it up, I like a few punches (corner punches especially), decorative scissors, and sharpie markers. Buy embelishments only for pages you are currently working on, or you'll stack up quite an assortment of stuff you'll never use (take that from me...lol). Also, look for things that can serve double duty. Take apart old clothing and use fabric scraps, buttons and zippers on your pages. Beer bottle caps are coming back as mini embellishements, leftover ribbon from other projects looks good on pages, as does any yarn (fibers) you may have lying around), etc. It's all about recycling! Last, use your computer! You can download fonts to create titles or captions, look for clip art for your pages, and much much more, and those items only cost pennies in ink and paper. (You can even put patterned paper or cardstock through most printers and print right on to that!)
I think I'll stop rambling now...lol

Disneyfalcon

Last, use your computer! You can download fonts to create titles or captions, look for clip art for your pages, and much much more, and those items only cost pennies in ink and paper. (You can even put patterned paper or cardstock through most printers and print right on to that!)

Great suggestion! I use my computer for titles and journaling. There's lots of websites with free Disney fonts. You can find the font for just about every ride.

Kristi Kay

Original Poster
Great suggestion! I use my computer for titles and journaling. There's lots of websites with free Disney fonts. You can find the font for just about every ride.

Where are you finding the ride fonts? I've never seen that, but I'm getting awfully excited just thinking about it!

Using the computer for journaling is fantastic. I always do that. Sometime I print it out on velum paper and then mat it, using eyelets to attach the two...it looks really nice.

k.hunter30

:wave: Here are some ideas that I've used in my scrapbooks that look really professional and are not too expensive.

1. I found that in the long run it is much cheaper to buy a letter cutting kit, than buying new stickers for your titles everytime. Most letter cutting kits allow you to use seval different fonts and styles.

2. If you have stickers, after you've used the sticker letter itself, I cut squares around every letter. Then, when I need those letters, I pull the sticker part off and put it on a cordinating piece of paper and very carefully cut around the outline. It gets you double use out of your stickers, then you have new letters with a nice border around the, from the origional color of the sticker.....does that make any sence?

3. Embellishments such as buttons, brads, eyelets are really cheap, once you've bought the hammer kit.

4. I like to mat my photographs on two colors of paper, then attach them to the page. The multi-color matting looks really nice.

I'll try to think of some more ideas....

We don't have any specialty scrapbook stores near me (all three went out of buisness within one year!) I use Michaels, AC Moore, and Rag Shop (which is where I work--similar to Michaels, but we have fabric, and we're only located in NJ, NY, PA, CT, and FL)
I use the 40% coupons that all stores have in their flyers (and my employee discount) to save $$$. I also save everything from the trips--I take everything I can in threes...that way when you cut them up, you have one to use for the stuff on the front, one to use for the stuff on the back, and one to keep whole to tuck into a pocket page. All the free brochures, maps, napkins, tickets, etc can be cut apart and used as embelishements. I also save all scraps of paper (I have a 12x12 box that I keep them in) to use for future matting, punches, journaling boxes, etc. None of my paper goes to waste! I'm trying to stay away from stickers, as I think they are the most expensive and over-priced part of scrapbooking. If you're looking to do some budget scrapbooking, I would invest in a nice album, quality adhesives, and card stock. With just those three minimum things you can create a very basic, yet pleasing scrapbook. If you want to step it up, I like a few punches (corner punches especially), decorative scissors, and sharpie markers. Buy embelishments only for pages you are currently working on, or you'll stack up quite an assortment of stuff you'll never use (take that from me...lol). Also, look for things that can serve double duty. Take apart old clothing and use fabric scraps, buttons and zippers on your pages. Beer bottle caps are coming back as mini embellishements, leftover ribbon from other projects looks good on pages, as does any yarn (fibers) you may have lying around), etc. It's all about recycling! Last, use your computer! You can download fonts to create titles or captions, look for clip art for your pages, and much much more, and those items only cost pennies in ink and paper. (You can even put patterned paper or cardstock through most printers and print right on to that!)
I think I'll stop rambling now...lol
Wonderful ideas! I'm taking notes!

I'd also like to know what the sites are.

Disneyfalcon

Just google disney fonts. There's a ton of websites with them. If you're looking for a specific ride, goole that ride name and the world "font". :)

ljs1691

Wow, look at you guys and all your pages!! They are fantastic.

For those of you who don't have a really great scrapbooking store nearby, I recommend Joann.com. They have lots of Disney items and if you sign up for their email, you will get notices when they run their Disney products 30% off. They also run free shipping fairly often so keep an eye out for that.

OH OH OH!!! They are 30% off now. :sohappy: There are 476 products under the Disney scrapbooking. Here is the link if you are interested http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=61174&_DARGS=/shop/shop_prods.jhtml
Some of these products can be found on ebay but I don't have the patience for ebay so I don't use it for these types of things. I know its cheaper but I'm a gotta have it now person.

I also found www.disneyscrapper.com but I have not ordered from there before. But they have a good selection and their prices are better than some others. They also have a sale on right now.

jooleejul

I love this thread! Everyone's pictures and ideas are great! I leave for Disney World next week, and am almost as excited about making the scrapbook when I get back as I am about actually going, lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom