Disney Scrapbook Idea Swap.

NeNe1298

I just have to say this again...This thread and all of you are Fantastic!!! :D

As far as having the time to do scrapbooking you just have to make the time. I get together with friends once a month and we scrap for hours. We each bring a dish to share and there is always chocolate involved . We have such a great time together. :)

spectropluto

You people are all so creative... it makes me SICK! LOL :ROFLOL:

Congrats on all your hard work! These pages are beautiful! Wish I had the patience for it!

Keep up all your hard work and thank you so much for sharing!

*T

Disneyfalcon

Those pages are great! Thanks for sharing. I saved some of the pictures so I can copy their ideas...lol.

I forgot to add, if you create an account there (it's free) you can save pages you like. I check every week or so for the new ones and then save the ones I like. When I'm stuck, it's like having my own Disney idea book!

Disneyfalcon

I just heard from Sharpie here's the letter:

Hello Tammy,

Thank you for e-mailing us and for your support of Sanford products.

As far as the Sharpie Markers they are not acid free these are a alcohol based.

Do not use on paper. Solvent based ink will penetrate thin papers.
Not recommended for cloth.

I hope this is helpful information for you.

Have a nice day, Tammy.

Sanford Consumer Affairs

So apparently the regular shapie is not. I know the Poster paint sharpie is advertised as acid free, as is the sharpie autograph. It's kind of odd that they didn't recommend those to me.:veryconfu

But there's the answer anyway.

ljs1691

Ok, funny that you just heard back from Sharpie because I just got home from Target and I found these http://www.bicmarkit.com/base/index.asp. They are acid free ink and they have lots of colors just like a Sharpie.

khunter - Hello neighbor. Have you been in Nashville long? Me, my whole life. Love this place. Lots of good scrapbooking stores too.

Kristi Kay

Original Poster
Todays Layout Inspiration:

d261_1.jpg

0847_1.jpg

3745_1.jpg

Kristi Kay

Original Poster
Alright Kristi, fess up, how much money are you spending on ebay? You might need to join a 12 step group!!:ROFLOL:

Of course you're not allowed to see my scrap room, cough cough!:D

Too much. I don't buy them all though. My grandma's and mom buy me a lot...thank goodness b/c my little paycheck I get from the Disney Store (which is my play money) wouldn't get me very far...lol. It's all going to stop though. Thats why this thread is good for me....to see everyone ideas and suggestions...

SewIn2Disney

To whoever asked about the fabric princess dress stickers...they are put out by JoLee's, which is under the "EK success" label. http://www.eksuccess.com/ . They have a warehouse center in NJ, that has sales about 4 times a year to clear out stock....it might be worth it to see if they have warehouses in other areas.

Some of the stickers in Disney (esp. the Epcot Countries) are just more expensive versions of the JoLee's Destination stickers. Also check out the "A Touch of JoLee's" line of stickers...most of Epcot's countries are represented in stcker form here. (Still can't find Morocco anywhere though!)

I thought of something else to share with you. Remember Shrinky ? They make great page embelishments! I sketch my own drawings or trace designs from a Disney Coloring Book to make my own customized embelishments. Came in handy when I couldn't find anything with the Mad Hatter on it (long story there...lol)...which brings me to my other tip o the day.... Buy the Disney coloring books! For about $5.00, you can do your own character paper piecing (photo copy and cut apart the images), and if you do indeed photo copy it, essentially, its the "gift that keeps on giving" :)

kymie

Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK where you can get reasonably priced scrapbook stuff? I would love to start but dont have alot of the papers or embellishments and find things so expensive! My goal is to do a scrap book for each of my 5 children to celebrate our WDW holiday!

onholiday

I found this thread, and I'm so excited! I make a book every time we come back... here are a few pages from my book in 2005. I haven't gotten a chance to take pictures of my newest ones yet, but just if anyone's looking for any ideas! I really tend to do everything from scratch, and I use everything we bring back from the parks.

CIMG9623.jpg
CIMG9624.jpg

CIMG9625.jpg
CIMG9626.jpg

CIMG9631.jpg
CIMG9632.jpg

Thank you to whoever pointed out the Joann's sale, they have a book there I've been wanting for a long time, but could never find, so thank you!

Happy Scrapping!

NeNe1298

OnHoliday,

Nice pages! I never noticed the details on the fries box before. Just got back from crop club and am on my high. I'm happy with what I got done tonight. I work so slow and talk too much that I don't seem to get a lot done. We leave for Disney on Wednesday...I'm so excited.

~Tinkerbell~

Wow - these pages look really cool! Well done everyone! :D I don't have a scrap book, and I think to do a really good one would simply take me too long, and I doubt I'd have the patience to see it through! :animwink: But I have a box, decorated with Disney wrapping paper with the photo albums from my two trips, Magic Hour bands, park tickets, room key cards, drawings from MGM, plastic robots from Epcot, park maps, Mickey hat and other little bits and bobs in. My favourite things in there are my holiday diaries. I bought a notebook, then at the end of each day wrote in what had happened, but I also left space for pictures and drawings. At the end I've dedicated a double spread to each character I met and a double spread to each park. I've also done pages on things like my favourite things and best memories from the holiday. I'm still working on the one from 2006, but I managed to fill a whole notebook for my 2005 holiday! :lol:

k.hunter30

Ok, funny that you just heard back from Sharpie because I just got home from Target and I found these http://www.bicmarkit.com/base/index.asp. They are acid free ink and they have lots of colors just like a Sharpie.

khunter - Hello neighbor. Have you been in Nashville long? Me, my whole life. Love this place. Lots of good scrapbooking stores too.
I ended up buying some permanent Bic moarkets for autographs this past weekend. And I got my spiral notecards - I'm scrap-book-ready for my trip next week! (I leave bright and early Sat. morning!)

I actually just moved here two years ago from Chicago. DH is from here. Since I'm not in the city, I unfortunately don't have access to the good scrapbooking stores. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom