Disney Reopens Mission:Space

dimebagdarrel

Mission Space is a ride that makes people sick and aggrivates medical conditions causing death. Why do you support this ride so heavily? Personally, I really like this ride. I find it to be very thrilling and exciting. But it's causing to many problems for guests of the park and for Disney. If they didn't spend a billion dollars on this ride, it would be long gone. It was never very popular to begin with because most people choose not to ride it. Now no one is going to.

dimebagdarrel

It's called exaggeration everyone. People sometimes use to to overstate thier case. Sorry 2 g's. However many g's it actual is...its causing people to become ill and die. end of story

ToTBellHop

dimebagdarrel said:
Mission Space is a ride that makes people sick and aggrivates medical conditions causing death. Why do you support this ride so heavily? Personally, I really like this ride. I find it to be very thrilling and exciting. But it's causing to many problems for guests of the park and for Disney. If they didn't spend a billion dollars on this ride, it would be long gone. It was never very popular to begin with because most people choose not to ride it. Now no one is going to.
a billion dollars? You over-inflate numbers a lot... 0.00168% of guests getting sick on a ride is too many? I'll take my chances with those odds. Imagine a slot machine you had a 0.00168% chance of losing on...and I don't even have to use exaggeration to try and make a point...those are the real numbers, and they are really that ridiculously low.

dimebagdarrel

ISTCNavigator57 said:
a billion dollars? You over-inflate numbers a lot... 0.00168% of guests getting sick on a ride is too many? I'll take my chances with those odds. Imagine a slot machine you had a 0.00168% chance of losing on...

I'm sure you'll take your chances because it wasn't one of your family members that died on a ride. Try to show some simpathy for the family here. They're the ones that have truly felt the loss here. NOT YOU!

Timmay

dimebagdarrel said:

Except all those people in line for it today, of course.

lawyergirl77

dimebagdarrel said:
It's called exaggeration everyone. People sometimes use to to overstate thier case. Sorry 2 g's. However many g's it actual is...its causing people to become ill and die. end of story
Saying that's the "end of the story" misses the point. Obviously there are two sides to it, and being completely shut to each side's concerns is not going to help IMPROVE the situation. M:S is not going to get razed to the ground, but nor can it continue unchanged given the obvious concerns people have about the ride

And FWIW, I can ride M:S twice in an hour and be fine, but I lost my lunch after taking a spin on Aladdin's magic carpets. :hurl:

I felt like such a wuss - I stay the HECK away from the teacups (was sick for almost a day) because I know I'm prone to motion sickness when I'm being spun... Yet, somehow, M:S doesn't make me sick at all (although, to be fair, I doubt I could ride it three times in an hour).

I can understand the safety concerns, but calling the ride a "Death Trap" seems a bit farfetched. Wanting to improve it is one thing, engaging in hyperbolae about how "no one wants to ride it" and that it should be demolished is both unnecessary and unrealistic. By the same token, insisting on the fact that people are free to do what they please also misses the point... Arguing in absolutes will get us nowhere, guys... :wave:

edited for clarity...

dimebagdarrel

ya and how many people have died on RcR??? They are two completely diffrent ride designs. MS is not a rollercoaster. G forces on MS have diffrent effects on the body then G forces on rollercoasters do. How many more people have to get injured or killed on this ride before Disney does something? Don't blindly defend Disney because their Disney.

lawyergirl77

dimebagdarrel said:
ya and how many people have died on RcR??? They are two completely diffrent ride designs. MS is not a rollercoaster. G forces on MS have diffrent effects on the body then G forces on rollercoasters do. *snip*

I'd honestly be interested in seeing what the differences are - do you have anything you can point to that discusses that issue?

WDWFREAK53

lawyergirl77 said:
And FWIW, I can ride M:S twice in an hour and be fine, but I lost my lunch after taking a spin on Aladdin's magic carpets.

edited for clarity...

Did you check at Guest Services....maybe somebody turned it into Lost & Found. :lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
MonoManBlue said:
RnR pulls "nearly" 5G's on the launch........thats more than double that of MS.

The difference with M:S is not the G-force but the sustained G`s - on a coaster you pull + and - Gs for a few seconds at most (airtime junkies love this) but on M:S it`s the unique (for a park) ride system that is the main draw for precisley this reason.

Remember, people died on the first rollercoasters too. Seems like a healthy business today.

My sympathies to the family.

ToTBellHop

dimebagdarrel said:
ya and how many people have died on RcR??? They are two completely diffrent ride designs. MS is not a rollercoaster. G forces on MS have diffrent effects on the body then G forces on rollercoasters do. How many more people have to get injured or killed on this ride before Disney does something? Don't blindly defend Disney because their Disney.
A more proper question is "how many people have to die before people pay attention to the great number of warnings in the queue?" If I had quadruple bypass surgery yesterday, I would likely not ride MS today, but it's not Disney's job to make sure I don't. Disney makes its park safe for people who follow the rules. Just b/c people can stand up on Splash Mountain, fall out, and die doesn't mean they need to close the ride or bolt people into the seats. It means people need to learn to follow directions.

Timmay

dimebagdarrel said:
ya and how many people have died on RcR??? .

Exactly two less than M:S.

There is little doubt you are trying to push buttons, or we would have seen you when the girl went into cardiac arrest after riding TOT.

Either that or you don't want to let us know who you really are.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Skovdaddy said:
IMG_0465.jpg

Look at that... a 60min standby... but, wassat I hear :veryconfu :lookaroun ....

*angry typing guy voice*

[TURNS CAPS LOCK ON]

"IT'S ONLY AT 10MIN FOR STANDBY"... "NO ONE LIKES THE RIDE" (based on that, alone, with no REAL facts)"

Really? Is it? They don't?

UGH!!!! Bleech!!! Alright.... We get it. You dont like the ride. So go ride Maelstrom, and quit complaining, already. :brick: :brick: :hammer:

Also... think about what a high capacity ride this is. Sure... during non peak times of the year... this ride will be 10min or less.

dimebagdarrel

Timmay said:
Exactly two less than M:S.

There is little doubt you are trying to push buttons, or we would have seen you when the girl went into cardiac arrest after riding TOT.

Either that or you don't want to let us know who you really are.

Please stop making personal attacks on me. This isn't about me or you. It's about the fact that this is the second tradegy on MS and the ride has become a threat to the saftey of the guests. Disney was founded on having a family environment where saftey is a #1 priority. If the saftey of a ride comes into question in any way, the ride should be changed or removed.

WDWFREAK53

DMC-12 said:
Look at that... a 60min standby... but, wassat I hear :veryconfu :lookaroun ....

*angry typing guy voice*

"Its only at 10min for standby"... "No one likes the ride"

Really? Is it? They don't?

UGH!!!! Bleech!!! Alright.... We get it. You dont like the ride. So go ride Maelstrom, and quit complaining. :brick: :brick: :hammer:

Also... think about what a high capacity ride this is. Sure... during non peak times of the year... this ride will be 10min or less.

Bingo! This ride pushes people through like play-doh through a fun-factory...
It's neighbor Test Track, on the other hand, is like molasses up a hill on a cold day.

peter11435

Pete C said:
and once laws are passed for state regulation of thrill rides....

IMO that is never going to happen in the state of Florida. And besides even if it did it would accomplish absolutly nothing. There are state regulated rides that are far more intense that M:S.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom