Disney Reopens Mission:Space

jaredliu

TurnipHead said:
Is anyone really shocked to find them reopen it so soon? It's Easter weekend so obviously they would reopen it. The sad fact is that nobody is going to be riding and Disney will soon realize what a mistake this attraction truly is. I've heard people say it was either too boring, or too intense, but not many have said that it was great and they would love to ride over and over again. Yes there are a lot of die hards on the boards, but overall I have heard nothing but negative comments on this attraction. No wonder they are always giving away "surprise fastpasses", because honestly nobody is riding.
nobody is going to ride M:S??? I don't know how you get that conclusion. Not everyone is like you. I heard nothing but postive comments about M:S so i think you are speaking for yourself.

dimebagdarrel

I was there the day after the first person died on the ride. There was no wait time at all. I suspect the same for this weekend. What a failure of a ride for Disney...NOBODY WILL WANT TO RIDE IT ANYMORE...there will be no wait times for the next year or so...time for Disney to shut this thing down

ToTBellHop

Glad to see waits are up at normal levels. It would seem most guests realize this was an accident and not Disney's fault. I would call a 60-minute stand-by wait healthy for Mission: Space.

Timmay

TurnipHead said:
I can't beleive anyone in their right mind would allow their small child to ride M:S. Wow....

Sorry, but your opnions are starting to be those that might be best kept to yourself.

Timmay

dimebagdarrel said:
I was there the day after the first person died on the ride. There was no wait time at all. I suspect the same for this weekend. What a failure of a ride for Disney...NOBODY WILL WANT TO RIDE IT ANYMORE...there will be no wait times for the next year or so...time for Disney to shut this thing down

I guess the pic showing the 60 minute wait is a fabrication, then.

Skovdaddy

dimebagdarrel said:

Did you skip over the photos I just posted? I was just there a few hours ago and the wait time was very normal for this time of the year.

MAF

Does anyone actually honestly believe that those wait times are factual? The sad fact is that Disney is inflating the numbers to make it look like there are tons of people still riding, but I would venture to guess that this is not the case...

Timmay

TurnipHead said:
Does anyone actually honestly believe that those wait times are factual? The sad fact is that Disney is inflating the numbers to make it look like there are tons of people still riding, but I would venture to guess that this is not the case...

Those people in line are actually CM's hired to make the conspiracy even more realistic.

Why am I starting to get the feeling we are buying into some really bad jokesters here.

GothMickey

wannab@dis said:
There's one idea I've seen posted that may be an option. Maybe Disney should add a 'mock-up' of the capsule with a video that shows the interior of the ride while in operation. Sure, it would take away the 'show' and the 'magic' behind the ride, but it will hopefully cause more people to heed the warnings.

I like your idea... I do not think it will take away from the magic because the magic is the experience... If they can somehow show what the ride does, maybe it will cause less sickness and hopefully save lives of those who may then question whether they want to be on it or not...

MonoManBlue

GothMickey said:
Ok, so it is the rider's fault for going on a ride and getting sick from it.. I don't see where they are at fault.. I really don't... You argue the rider should know better because there are warnings that it may cause sickness.. Well, my question is: Shouldn't Disney now know better than to make an attraction that may cause these sicknesses??? Or, at least now know better and figure out what about the ride causes these sicknesses and try to fix them???

Man got to know his limitations.. what is yours???

thats the stupidest BS I have ever heard in my life. From what your saying........riding the Carousel and getting dizzy cause it spins in circles, then I fall off the horse and hit my head, and then I die.....but dammit, its disneys fault because they should have known better to make a ride that spins in circles and makes ME dizzy. Come on.................

Skovdaddy

TurnipHead said:

I went through the single rider line, and it took me about 20 minutes, just like the wait time board predicted. There were pleny of Standby and Fastpass coming in as well, and they were running all four centrifuges.

ToTBellHop

MonoManBlue said:
thats the stupidest BS I have ever heard in my life. From what your saying........riding the Carousel and getting dizzy cause it spins in circles, then I fall off the horse and hit my head, and then I die.....but dammit, its disneys fault because they should have known better to make a ride that spins in circles and makes ME dizzy. Come on.................
Exactly right. The only rides at Disney World should be the benches. Although you could technically fall of those, too...how about they just have the roadways heavily cushioned and remove everything else b/c people could die if they walk into walls or trip over trashcans. Tripping and slamming into hard pavement could aggravate prior health conditions...

Disney inflating ride wait times? Give me a break. There were crowds around the ride, so I'd imagine the posted wait time was no more inflated that it always is for every ride (so maybe it was really a 45-50 minute wait)

dimebagdarrel

MonoManBlue said:
Great comparison between the carousel(which spins at about 1 mph) and a ride that puts 4+ g's on you. really smart:hammer:

ToTBellHop

dimebagdarrel said:
Great comparison between the carousel(which spins at about 1 mph) and a ride that puts 4+ g's on you. really smart:hammer:
4+ g's? Maybe in some fantasy world where 1.5 g's = 4+ g's. You can experience more than 1.5 g's by jumping in the air, by the way, so jumping is as dangerous as Mission: SPACE (I'm sure at least 2 out of every 8.5 million people will die this year from jumping...)

MonoManBlue

dimebagdarrel said:

you could still get dizzy, it doesn't matter.........if it COULD make you sick, it shouldn't be designed. Secondly, MS is NOT EVEN CLOSE TO 4G's.

MonoManBlue

ISTCNavigator57 said:
4+ g's? Maybe in some fantasy world where 1.5 g's = 4+ g's. You can experience more than 1.5 g's by jumping in the air, by the way, so jumping is as dangerous as Mission: SPACE (I'm sure at least 2 out of every 8.5 million people will die this year from jumping...)

ISTC, Congrats on going to Yale Med........i'm actually in UMKC Dental School right now, nice to meet a fellow soon-to-be-doctor.

Pete C

Once a few more people die on MS, and once laws are passed for state regulation of thrill rides...leading to less intense rides across the board, we will see how many people wish that MS was addressed when it should have been.

Timmay

dimebagdarrel said:

Glad to see you have the right information before insulting somebody...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom