News Disney reminds guests to behave at Walt Disney World or be asked to leave

Incomudro

Fundamentally, I don't agree with your last sentence. That's probably what this all boils down to.
Some of you consider it a real stressor, I consider it a minor annoyance, if that. I enjoy the stress of planning. I just don't equate it to some of the real things we've been through the past few years.

If Disney every causes me that kind of stress, we just won't go. :)
How you feel about it personally isn't the point.
An increasing portion of park goers who are not you are feeling the stress, and increasingly more of them are going to act in a negative manner.

Chi84

Premium Member
How you feel about it personally isn't the point.
An increasing portion of park goers who are not you are feeling the stress, and increasingly more of them are going to act in a negative manner.
I can't dispute that, but we've been to the parks several times over the last two years and haven't seen any noticeable increase in people acting negatively. Maybe they're feeling the additional stress and just not acting out.

Incomudro

I can't dispute that, but we've been to the parks several times over the last two years and haven't seen any noticeable increase in people acting negatively. Maybe they're feeling the additional stress and just not acting out.
There's some portion of both, no doubt.

lazyboy97o

I don’t think people will ever agree to any more than the fact that stress does not provide an excuse for people to behave like donkeys.
If I keep doing something that I know causes donkey behavior do I bear some responsibility? What if I double down and do more things that I know cause donkey behavior? Disney knows things cause behavior problems and has long decided to ignore them.

LittleBuford

“We’ve monetized your every moment and interaction in the parks, removed all the ‘free’ benefits, require you to be on your phone constantly, we’ve cut staffing to the absolute lowest common denominator, and your day begins no later than 6:55 a.m….

But please, be patient with us and one another During These Challenging Times.”
My issue with this sort of framing is the implication that Disney is equivalent to some sort of government, controlling our lives whether we like it or not. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a holiday destination that people are actively choosing to visit (and paying money to do so).

Chi84

Premium Member
If I keep doing something that I know causes donkey behavior do I bear some responsibility? What if I double down and do more things that I know cause donkey behavior? Disney knows things cause behavior problems and has long decided to ignore them.
That’s why I said people won’t agree. Different things Disney is doing impact people differently.

I’m not particularly stressed out by the current line-skip system (although I much preferred the former free one) so it doesn’t impact my behavior. Others are triggered by it and believe Disney should change it.

We may not agree on how much this factor contributes to stress, but we all agree it should not excuse guests misbehaving toward other guests.

Tha Realest

My issue with this sort of framing is the implication that Disney is equivalent to some sort of government, controlling our lives whether we like it or not. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a holiday destination that people are actively choosing to visit (and paying money to do so).
No one ever said people were forced to be there. But the ever changing rules and variable/opaque pricing add levels of complexity that didn’t exist and are impossible to anticipate, often with little to no warning.

lazyboy97o

That’s why I said people won’t agree. Different things Disney is doing impact people differently.

I’m not particularly stressed out by the current line-skip system (although I much preferred the former free one) so it doesn’t impact my behavior. Others are triggered by it and believe Disney should change it.

We may not agree on how much this factor contributes to stress, but we all agree it should not excuse guests misbehaving toward other guests.
When you get to the point that you decide to redesign queues you’re probably a bit beyond just people reacting differently.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Agreed, everyone's circumstances are different, but what should not be different is treating fellow guests and castmembers with respect and courtesy. Frankly I don't care about the marginal impact of price movements on anyone else's ability to go to the parks, it's a luxury good not a necessity. No one is going to expire if they don't get to go and there's definitely no reason to take it out on others.

Chi84

Premium Member
They were already redesigned due to altercations between guests.
Really? Was that reported somewhere? I missed it.

We've never seen anything like that, but I don't doubt it exists. If Disney isn't going to go back to the free FP+ (and that's highly unlikely), then separating the lanes is probably a good idea - at least until they come up with something else.

lazyboy97o

Really? Was that reported somewhere? I missed it.

We've never seen anything like that, but I don't doubt it exists. If Disney isn't going to go back to the free FP+ (and that's highly unlikely), then separating the lanes is probably a good idea - at least until they come up with something else.
The lanes were separated because of FastPass+. FastPass+ was part of a larger effort to squeeze guests more.

Chi84

Premium Member
The lanes were separated because of FastPass+. FastPass+ was part of a larger effort to squeeze guests more.
The FastPass+ lanes were redesigned because of altercations between guests? It was a free system that anyone could use; why on earth were people fighting? I'm not saying they weren't, but where did you hear this and when did it happen?

lazyboy97o

The FastPass+ lanes were redesigned because of altercations between guests? It was a free system that anyone could use; why on earth were people fighting?
Because the system only worked to the advantage of some at the expense of others. Because it was not as easy to understand or use for people seeing it the first time as it was for people who frequently visit (as evidenced by there being an entire forum here where people consistently asked questions about how it worked). Because it was part of a multi-billion dollar, multi-year initiative to strain capacity as much as possible something that directly impacts experience, causing stress and dissatisfaction.

Chi84

Premium Member
Because the system only worked to the advantage of some at the expense of others. Because it was not as easy to understand or use for people seeing it the first time as it was for people who frequently visit (as evidenced by there being an entire forum here where people consistently asked questions about how it worked). Because it was part of a multi-billion dollar, multi-year initiative to strain capacity as much as possible.
Where did you hear this and when were the lanes redesigned because of guest altercations?

Chi84

Premium Member
Are we saying watching other people use the fast pass lane is a cause of increased stress placed upon the guest by Disney therefore causing them to act out?

Now I've seen it all.
No, apparently we're saying that people were fighting in the FastPass lanes in protest of a multi-billion dollar, multi-year initiative to strain capacity. Either that or that they didn't understand how to use the free FP+ system. Or maybe they did understand it and felt it worked to their disadvantage. I'm not sure.

Maybe these people had never been to a theme park before and didn't know about line skip systems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom