News Disney reminds guests to behave at Walt Disney World or be asked to leave

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
most of us here are experts when it comes to Disney planning a navigating the parks etc but imagine if you will, a family of 4, who have saved up for years for their once in a lifetime family vacation at Disney world spending well over $5k for the week which is a lot of money for them

Now this family isn’t as familiar as we are so they don’t understand all the genie+ LL and ILL things or maybe not even dining reservations but have kids that dream to see and ride certain things.

They do have their park reservations and try to do everything they can all day long but get in the parks well after rope drop so the lines are already long. They are exhausted each day trying to do things not understanding Genie+, standing in long lines and continue to get more and more frustrated with how much this trip is costing them and how little they are getting to do because maybe they didn’t do their homework, understand it, or been before but are trying to give their kids the experience of a lifetime and did not think it would be anything like this or get to do what they had hoped to do.

These are crowds they aren’t used to, tired kids, people pushing you and your kids out of the way for a parade or fireworks spot at the last minute where you’ve wait an hour, unable to eat any table service meals not realizing they should have booked them 2 months ago, ride breakdowns and not understanding Genie+ now has them stressing about not doing a few must do attractions and knowing they aren’t coming back to that park because their park reservations are elsewhere after that day. Throw in some bad weather and slow bus transportation on occasion too.

There is ZERO reason anyone should act out regardless of any of this, however, we as Disney experts should also feel a little for those who try so hard to give their family just once what we love and enjoy many times but they struggle to do so where we don’t. Some may occur stress and frustration with Disney where we may just be used to it all and think it is what it is.

Sure they should have done their homework, but also no other theme park in the world requires the type of planning and includes some of the daily stress, frustration, aggravation at times as what Disney now does today.

Disney has always been a different animal, we all know this, but it also continues to become more and more difficult to experience as easily as we and others once did in the past.

Last edited:

Incomudro

Oh, the problems of being lucky enough to even go to Disney when probably 90% of the population can't.

Every single one of us sounds ridiculously privileged to be even considering these problems apparently created by Disney to be of any consequence in real life.

Give me a break. None of this is an excuse for acting like an idiot.

Gah.
You really don't get it.

lazyboy97o

I know, but that's a unique perspective not shared by the average Disney guest. I would guess that exactly 0 families planning a vacation care more about how parks operate as a whole than their experiences while they're visiting.
People don’t care about the how and why, they absolutely care about how it ends up impacting them.

We’re also not discussing someone’s trip report where they talk about encountering bad behavior. This is a thread about Disney’s actions.

lazyboy97o

Oh I get it. 🙂

Disney very well may be doing everything that other poster is saying.
I am very comfortable with the fact you all know more on the topic than I will ever care to.

None of it is an excuse to start a fight. Period. Dot.
Why did Walt Disney provide more trash cans and hire more custodians than other amusement parks?

Chi84

Premium Member
Operations affect the experience, regardless of whether someone understands that connection or not.
I understand, but people are looking for different types of experiences. For example, FP+ worked great for our family because we would often go to a water park in the morning, then go to a park in the mid to late afternoon, use our three FP, and have dinner at a place we scheduled in advance. We got to ride what we wanted, when we wanted and never waited in a single standby line unless it was virtually empty. Other people would consider that a terrible park experience. Eliminating line skip systems might improve the overall park experience for some other guests, but we would stop visiting.

dreday3

Why did Walt Disney provide more trash cans and hire more custodians than other amusement parks?

What does that have to do with excusing people who start fights in Disney? Oh, nothing.

You have a gift for gab and I bet you can explain away anything. That's a compliment.

I'm leaving this thread because I'm going out. Not because of any other reason. Goodnight!

Chi84

Premium Member
What does that have to do with excusing people who start fights in Disney? Oh, nothing.

You have a gift for gab and I bet you can explain away anything. That's a compliment.

I'm leaving this thread because I'm going out. Not because of any other reason. Goodnight!
Don't drink too much! (And stay out of the Wendy's).

lazyboy97o

I understand, but people are looking for different types of experiences. For example, FP+ worked great for our family because we would often go to a water park in the morning, then go to a park in the mid to late afternoon, use our three FP, and have dinner at a place we scheduled in advance. We got to ride what we wanted, when we wanted and never waited in a single standby line unless it was virtually empty. Other people would consider that a terrible park experience. Eliminating line skip systems might improve the overall park experience for some other guests, but we would stop visiting.
No, they really don’t. People overwhelmingly go to experience attractions. Theme parks are designed around how many attractions people are intended to experience.

Chi84

Premium Member
No, they really don’t. People overwhelmingly go to experience attractions. Theme parks are designed around how many attractions people are intended to experience. You’re so stuck on a specific framework that you ignore the negatives it has caused even to you (Genie+) or that it is actually possible through other means that can benefit others.
Most theme parks are. WDW is special that way. There's so much more to do there.

I don't ignore the negatives, but I don't dwell on them either because that would take all the fun out a WDW vacation for me.

I'm not stuck on a particular framework. In fact, I've been able to adjust to everything WDW has thrown at me from 1984 when I first visited as an adult until the present. Genie+ is not ideal for me, but I understand that it's better than FP+ for others so I try to make it work without too much grumbling. The one thing I'm no longer able to do (for personal reasons) is all-standby but no one has even hinted at Disney going down that hellhole again, so no problem.

Out of all those years, our best trips have been in 2018 and 2019.

Nobody makes vacation decisions on how best to benefit others, your vague comment about "other means" notwithstanding.

lazyboy97o

Most theme parks are. WDW is special that way. There's so much more to do there.

I don't ignore the negatives, but I don't dwell on them either because that would take all the fun out a WDW vacation for me.

I'm not stuck on a particular framework. In fact, I've been able to adjust to everything WDW has thrown at me from 1984 when I first visited as an adult until the present. Genie+ is not ideal for me, but I understand that it's better than FP+ for others so I try to make it work without too much grumbling. The one thing I'm no longer able to do (for personal reasons) is all-standby but no one has even hinted at Disney going down that hellhole again, so no problem.

Out of all those years, our best trips have been in 2018 and 2019.

Nobody makes vacation decisions on how best to benefit others, your vague comment about "other means" notwithstanding.
No, Disney really is not different. Buzz Price was incredibly influential in working out the programmatic design model that is still in use today.

Genie+ is the result of FastPass+. The things you loved caused the thing you now dislike. And yes, with truly adequate capacity you absolutely could do all Stand-By because it would mean delivering a FastPass/Lightning Lane level experience across the board.

Again, this isn’t about personal decisions and experiences.

Chi84

Premium Member
No, Disney really is not different. Buzz Price was incredibly influential in working out the programmatic design model that is still in use today.

Genie+ is the result of FastPass+. The things you loved caused the thing you now dislike. And yes, with truly adequate capacity you absolutely could do all Stand-By because it would mean delivering a FastPss/Lightning Lane level experience across the board.

Again, this isn’t about personal decisions and experiences.
You're talking about only the theme parks. For many people a WDW vacation extends well beyond that into the water parks, resort amenities, boat rides, shopping at DS. There are a lot of people who love the nighttime entertainment at POR and wouldn't miss it for a few extra rides. Having a drink at TOTWL is also a special experience. Believe it or not, Disney cares about those type of guests too.

Even if we do talk only about the parks, your solution is all standby and adequate capacity to the point that all rides would become walk-ons (because that's the FastPass Lane/Lightning Lane experience that we had). That's not happening in the immediate future so it's no kind of solution for anyone planning a vacation. I'm not crazy about Genie+ but I can work with it.

It's all about personal decisions and experiences when it comes to people actually visiting WDW rather than discussing it in the abstract.

eliza61nyc

most of us here are experts when it comes to Disney planning a navigating the parks etc but imagine if you will, a family of 4, who have saved up for years for their once in a lifetime family vacation at Disney world spending well over $5k for the week which is a lot of money for them

Now this family isn’t as familiar as we are so they don’t understand all the genie+ LL and ILL things or maybe not even dining reservations but have kids that dream to see and ride certain things.

They do have their park reservations and try to do everything they can all day long but get in the parks well after rope drop so the lines are already long. They are exhausted each day trying to do things not understanding Genie+, standing in long lines and continue to get more and more frustrated with how much this trip is costing them and how little they are getting to do because maybe they didn’t do their homework, understand it, or been before but are trying to give their kids the experience of a lifetime and did not think it would be anything like this or get to do what they had hoped to do.

These are crowds they aren’t used to, tired kids, people pushing you and your kids out of the way for a parade or fireworks spot at the last minute where you’ve wait an hour, unable to eat any table service meals not realizing they should have booked them 2 months ago, ride breakdowns and not understanding Genie+ now has them stressing about not doing a few must do attractions and knowing they aren’t coming back to that park because their park reservations are elsewhere after that day. Throw in some bad weather and slow bus transportation on occasion too.

There is ZERO reason anyone should act out regardless of any of this, however, we as Disney experts should also feel a little for those who try so hard to give their family just once what we love and enjoy many times but they struggle to do so where we don’t. Some may occur stress and frustration with Disney where we may just be used to it all and think it is what it is.

Sure they should have done their homework, but also no other theme park in the world requires the type of planning and includes some of the daily stress, frustration, aggravation at times as what Disney now does today.

Disney has always been a different animal, we all know this, but it also continues to become more and more difficult to experience as easily as we and others once did in the past.

THIS IS a question.

How do you think most folks book a Disney trip??
Do you think those that do a bit of work are more satisfied with their vacations??
I just can't imagine and I totally accept that this maybe my character flaw, handing some one 5-10k and not knowing the basic stuff. Anywhere. Do people really hop on a plane with no clue where they're going to eat?? With children??
Again, I totally admit maybe it's me. Jeez my adult sons and I went to cancun mexico and we at least knew where we wanted to eat or where we could get a bite near our resort.

Do you think most people know that amusement parks are crowded??

I remember my first trip to wdw, I brought 3 guidebooks and talked to a few folks at my job who had been. Lol the most useful advice I got was from the people who hated it, I knew what to avoid.

Boy if I was planning a "once in a lifetime trip" I would definitely know how the parks work.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
THIS IS a question.

How do you think most folks book a Disney trip??

I just can't imagine and I totally accept that this maybe my character flaw, handing some one 5-10k and not knowing the basic stuff. Anywhere. Do people really hop on a plane with no clue where they're going to eat?? With children??
Again, I totally admit maybe it's me. Jeez my adult sons and I went to cancun mexico and we at least knew where we wanted to eat or where we could get a bite near our resort.

Do you think most people know that amusement parks are crowded??

I remember my first trip to wdw, I brought 3 guidebooks and talked to a few folks at my job who had been. Lol the most useful advice I got was from the people who hated it, I knew what to avoid.
This is true. WDW has always been the kind of vacation that requires tons of planning, even in the early ‘80’s. If people are that concerned about making the most of their vacation and getting the most from their money, they’re going to put at least a little bit of effort into finding out the basics.

These clueless WDW guests live more in people’s minds than in the real world. I can imagine them and then imagine I would feel sorry for them if those things happened to them. But I don’t expect Disney to make modifications for the benefit of these people.

dreday3

I mean, this drama deserves an Oscar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom