News Disney reminds guests to behave at Walt Disney World or be asked to leave

Cmdr_Crimson

Perhaps they should tell this to guests who go to Six flags...Then again..
file.php

Fido Chuckwagon

What does that have to do with excusing people who start fights in Disney? Oh, nothing.
It has a lot to do with it actually. Walt Disney understood that there were ways to mitigate bad behavior. In that case, the bad behavior was people littering when they had to walk too far for a trash can. He mitigated that by making it easier for the guests to throw out their trash. Disney World could absolutely do more to mitigate the stressors that make a Disney vacation extremely difficult and stressful for people who don’t know to come to wdwmagic.com and touringplans and do tons of research on how to actually enjoy the parks. Those stressors also absolutely contribute to some of the bad behavior we see.

LittleBuford

It has a lot to do with it actually. Walt Disney understood that there were ways to mitigate bad behavior. In that case, the bad behavior was people littering when they had to walk too far for a trash can. He mitigated that by making it easier for the guests to throw out their trash. Disney World could absolutely do more to mitigate the stressors that make a Disney vacation extremely difficult and stressful for people who don’t know to come to wdwmagic.com and touringplans and do tons of research on how to actually enjoy the parks. Those stressors also absolutely contribute to some of the bad behavior we see.
Throwing litter on the ground and throwing a punch are two very different things. Disney shouldn’t be expected to mollify people with violent tendencies.

Last edited:

Fido Chuckwagon

Throwing litter on the ground and throwing a punch are two very different things. Disney shouldn’t be expected to mollify people with violent tendencies. Frankly, I would prefer such people to “out” themselves and be removed from the parks rather than remain among the rest of us ready to burst if they don’t get their way.
I’d really rather that such people not “out” themselves in front of my 3 and.7 year old, thank you very much.

LittleBuford

I’d really rather that such people not “out” themselves in front of my 3 and.7 year old, thank you very much.
I agree. I was trying to make the point (somewhat rhetorically) that if they’re that volatile to begin with, they’re probably going to explode sooner or later anyway, no matter how much Disney tries to pacify them. Needless to say, I don’t welcome such behaviour ever, especially in front of children. I will edit my post accordingly.

Chi84

Premium Member
That’s on Disney for marketing it’s possible on a 5 day/4 night vacation. But they have no choice given the prices they charge. Even my 6 night/5.5 day trips are pushing it.
Don’t they just market based on all that’s available? Do they actually say you can experience everything in 5 days?

People would be a lot less stressed and frustrated if they made some choices about what to see and do.

Chi84

Premium Member
Is the change on the website specifically about people throwing punches?
The change is under “courtesy” and says “Be the magic you want to see in the world. You must always remember to treat others with respect, kindness and compassion. Those who can’t live up to this simple wish may be asked to leave Walt Disney World Resort.”

Touchdown

Don’t they just market based on all that’s available? Do they actually say you can experience everything in 5 days?

People would be a lot less stressed and frustrated if they made some choices about what to see and do.
It’s implicit when you advertise the whole experience and then a price based on a length of stay. That’s the way WDW has always been marketed.

lazyboy97o

The change is under “courtesy” and says “Be the magic you want to see in the world. You must always remember to treat others with respect, kindness and compassion. Those who can’t live up to this simple wish may be asked to leave Walt Disney World Resort.”
Yeah, so not just fighting. Which means there’s a whole spectrum of behavior before we get to someone throwing a punch.

Lilofan

That sign would never even be considered to be posted during the infamous heyday of adults only Pleasure Island nights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom