News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

Lilofan

Decades from now after Iger leaves in disgrace, folks will say how great he was too.
Eisner got rattled more easily than Iger. When 2 guys took Disney to court claiming that ESPN sports complex was their idea , Disney did not settle and took the guys to court. On the stand, Eisner was grilled by the lawyers. He broke , end result the guys won the court case and were awarded over $200M.

Disstevefan1

Chapek got off cheap thanks to Disney. He left with a $23M exit package. Ovitz who reported to Eisner in the mid 1990s, and Ovitz walked away with over a $110M exit package.
I would take 23M to be fired in disgrace ANY DAY!! And Chapek has a new job now anyway.

All these people at this level always leave with beautiful packages. That is why whatever happens in reality does not matter to them.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And you do it to derail conversations, make things up, and pretend like you know what you’re talking about?
My accuracy level over time tends to prove Itself. Annoying everyone including myself to a large degree.

But you’re doing that “I now things” from Orlando routine. So tired. Anyone can innuendo their own self-determined resume. That’s been going since list serves.

Say it or don’t…but you can’t lecture based on “hinting”

Lilofan

And you do it to derail conversations, make things up, and pretend like you know what you’re talking about?
You described many powerful and influential execs and officials that peddle their Kool-Aid and many free willingly line up to drink. Some are experts in - " if you repeat a lie over and over again, it eventually becomes the truth. "

Jrb1979

To each his own. If Eisner was so good, why was he forced out by the shareholders . He left in disgrace.
First shareholders don't know anything, especially when it comes to parks. Second Eisner really only failed at the end when Wells was no longer there.

The parks need constant added capacity. It's how parks are supposed to be run.

Lilofan

First shareholders don't know anything, especially when it comes to parks
That's an opinion I do not agree with. Yes I heard the same thought, without Wells , Eisner wasn't the same. Well, the shareholders banded together with Roy and Stanley and forced Iger to resign which he did.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's definitely not how parks work.

Why? Iger did everything Roy wanted him to do. What would Roy even suggest they do differently?
So 0-2
Park stagnation has been the biggest hindrance of amusement parks since they started

And I’ve never seen a worse take on Iger that saying Roy would be pleased

He’s been twice as bad at the things Roy went kamikaze on Eisner for

You’re right on schedule today

Last edited:

Dranth

First shareholders don't know anything, especially when it comes to parks.
In some cases sure, but I would say most have a good idea, they just don't care about the same things you or I do.

Second Eisner really only failed at the end when Wells was no longer there.
At the end? Wells died 11 years before Eisner was forced out and the decline was swift.

The parks need constant added capacity. It's how parks are supposed to be run.
Regional parks maybe, but even then there is a lot of replacement vs. new builds, theme parks, not as much though it is always welcome (when done well). That isn't to say Disney doesn't need to add capacity, they obviously do, but they've added about the same as Uni over the last 10-15 years last I looked so neither have been going nuts.

lazyboy97o

Regional parks maybe, but even then there is a lot of replacement vs. new builds, theme parks, not as much though it is always welcome (when done well). That isn't to say Disney doesn't need to add capacity, they obviously do, but they've added about the same as Uni over the last 10-15 years last I looked so neither have been going nuts.
Universal started that period with less demand and less of a capacity deficit.

Nubs70

So 0-2
Park stagnation has been the biggest hindrance of amusement parks since they started

And I’ve never seen a worse take on Iger that saying Roy would be pleased

He’s been twice as bad at the things Roys went kamikaze on Eisner for

You’re right on scheduled today
Cedar Point adds/replaces a ride just about every year. Keeps it fresh

Jrb1979

In some cases sure, but I would say most have a good idea, they just don't care about the same things you or I do.

At the end? Wells died 11 years before Eisner was forced out and the decline was swift.

I know regional parks are different but they still add new attractions on a regular basis. Universal has been adding new things on a regular basis since COVID.

The problem is WDW needed new capacity yesterday. There is no reason that 3 of the 4 parks have under 20 attractions each. Each WDW should have at least 30-40 attractions in each park.

Dranth

Universal has been adding new things on a regular basis since COVID.
Have they? I know they are building a new theme park and that gives them a TON of leeway from all of us but they have only opened two rides I can remember since COVID and one is a replacement.

They do have the updated kids zone coming sometime this year at USF but last I looked that will only add back the rethemed kiddie coaster ride wise. That gives them three rides in 4 years but we've had more from Disney over the same time period with three openings and two of them being new capacity. TBA will add a 4th later this year.

The big difference is obviously the forward-facing projects with EU being a giant one.

Going forward, if you are Universal, you desperately need to swing back to USF once EU is done. From the Disney side, they need to continue to restaff Imagineering from the great Chapek exodus and put out some solid plans at D23 this year. Those plans need to include shovels hitting the dirt soon after.

The problem is WDW needed new capacity yesterday. There is no reason that 3 of the 4 parks have under 20 attractions each. Each WDW should have at least 30-40 attractions in each park.
Agreed and while I have my doubts, my hope is they are finally seeing the light.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Hmmmmm…not so sure

Universal has done replacements…for sure…but the actual added capacity at wdw has been pretty low. Some of the replacements resulted in reduced hourly capacity…even if the stuff was outdated

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom