News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

JoeCamel

I laugh at some of the post that are heated about “ONLY” 17 billion for WDW. Let’s put 17 billion in perspective.

You can build:
2 to 5 - Epic Universe(s) (depending on who you ask and final total)
17 - Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge(s)
20+ - Pandora - The World of Avatar(s)
20+ - Fantasyland Expansion(s)
Some say the estimated to build a theme park is 3B

As for attractions
Disney can build Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, Shanghai Disneyland - Pirates of the Caribbean, and Tron Lightcycle Power Run 12 times with 17 billion. That is a lot of money!

I cannot wait till D23 to see how this will be invested.

Most of these numbers are wildly off.
As this is supposed to be over 10 years you will not see it announced at D23. The numbers are just wild speculation at this point.
As Cuba said "show me the money"

Andrew25

I laugh at some of the post that are heated about “ONLY” 17 billion for WDW. Let’s put 17 billion in perspective.

You can build:
2 to 5 - Epic Universe(s) (depending on who you ask and final total)
17 - Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge(s)
20+ - Pandora - The World of Avatar(s)
20+ - Fantasyland Expansion(s)
Some say the estimated to build a theme park is 3B

As for attractions
Disney can build Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, Shanghai Disneyland - Pirates of the Caribbean, and Tron Lightcycle Power Run 12 times with 17 billion. That is a lot of money!

I cannot wait till D23 to see how this will be invested.
Well, remember that can include rather expensive road infrastructure, DVC towers, hotel makeovers, transportation, etc.

I'm more excited about the parks' future now than 2 years ago, but I'm also not going to expect for them to do mega expansions at each park either. We're looking at a decade long build window.

Nottamus

I see 60 billion and automatically think huge.

But, there were many small details that always added up to a bigger experience

Street actors in HS, all the acrobats, soccer ball , chair climbing in Epcot - just small details that just were all part of the big experience.

Maybe some of those could be brought back under that 60B umbrella.

Jrb1979

I see 60 billion and automatically think huge.

But, there were many small details that always added up to a bigger experience

Street actors in HS, all the acrobats, soccer ball , chair climbing in Epcot - just small details that just were all part of the big experience.

Maybe some of those could be brought back under that 60B umbrella.
The 60 billion is not just for WDW.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, remember that can include rather expensive road infrastructure, DVC towers, hotel makeovers, transportation, etc.

I'm more excited about the parks' future now than 2 years ago, but I'm also not going to expect for them to do mega expansions at each park either. We're looking at a decade long build window.
….yeah

The one to look out for is more ski lifts in Orlando or a mono replacement…it’s way overdue as is

I think lost in that post of zeal for “Bob’s buying me new toys!!!” Is it was done for effect and to shield alot of baked in costs

Tha Realest

If you believe the latest revision/clarification on the financials, the true number for theme park attractions is around $30B. Across multiple theme parks. Some of that number is already being counted, as Josh explicitly said Tiana and Epcot completion is in that number. So that’s already $$ out of whatever they allocate to WDW.

You’d basically have to believe that more than half of what they’ve set aside for theme park building is going to WDW if you keep claiming that WDW is getting $17B in theme park rides (vs tech/infrastructure and DCL outlays)

Disstevefan1

I think lost in that post of zeal for “Bob’s buying me new toys!!!” Is it was done for effect and to shield alot of baked in costs
newToyForIger.jpg

Eric Graham

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that figure is for parks across the world. Although, the new proposed Mandalorian roller coaster in Disney Paris sounds pretty awesome though.

Tha Realest

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that figure is for parks across the world. Although, the new proposed Mandalorian roller coaster in Disney Paris sounds pretty awesome though.
It is for parks across the world.

Have to figure DisneylandForward eats into a good portion of this, as does Disney’s obligation to build a third park in Paris.

But everyone keep believing we’re getting six SWGE’s or Pandora-level lands in WDW over the next decade.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But everyone keep believing we’re getting six SWGE’s or Pandora-level lands in WDW over the next decade.

Because we’ve been trained to pay for scraps in Orlando…intentionally

So any relief is pumped up.

It looks promising for awhile there…avatar is strong…but the other three minilands were flubbed to varying degrees and Epcot is no more functional now than it was in the late 90’s when Eisner said they had to make it a priority

Moth

Everyone expecting WDW to get anything out of this amount is sadly mistaken. I fully expect DisneylandForward to take a lions share of this money. The company has made it obvious the only thing WDW deserves right now is scraps and rides dying a slow painful death so they can shove in a princess.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Everyone expecting WDW to get anything out of this amount is sadly mistaken. I fully expect DisneylandForward to take a lions share of this money. The company has made it obvious the only thing WDW deserves right now is scraps and rides dying a slow painful death so they can shove in a princess.
You mad, bro?

Tha Realest

Because we’ve been trained to pay for scraps in Orlando…intentionally

So any relief is pumped up.

It looks promising for awhile there…avatar is strong…but the other three minilands were flubbed to varying degrees and Epcot is no more functional now than it was in the late 90’s when Eisner said they had to make it a priority
Wait, are you saying TSL, SWGE, and Avengers Campus aren’t great indicators that TWDC knows how to properly build out a land that guests respond well to?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom