News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Naive no, I am a capitalist. You have to spend money to make money. Universal is not going away, and if Epic is as popular as they hope that another park will be built. Disney needs to pick up their game. The decisions and Action need to happen quickly to keep their hold on the public. One of my favorite sayings is tomorrow is promised to no one, Disney should have this engraved in their board rooms as inaction will ultimately be their doom.
I agree you have to spend to make…

But the management has decided against the model that worked for 50 years and decided limiting investment and raising scarcity is the way to go.

They already told you what they thought they had to do to counter universal’s expansion: nothing.

They did nothing. And now they’ll string out the next set of repurposing.

When someone tells you who they are…BELIEVE THEM

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Fair fair, but are we going to act like the pandemic had nothing to do with that? I could be wrong and probably am, but just a thought.
The best time for any business to invest is during times of crisis…because the central banks will do anything you need to fend off the blow

China is a little bit different…but still Disney was pathetic

“We’re trying to find the money”🙄

Drdcm

I figured you must have been delirious from a sugar rush and ketoacidosis brought on by Sassagoula Beignets…

…to not notice the ugly concrete void on the center of the park
I couldn’t connect those dots. I have to admit that was a bit of a non-linear connection of thoughts lol. I like POR quite a bit, the foliage and landscaping is nice and it doesn’t cost 800$ a night.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I couldn’t connect those dots. I have to admit that was a bit of a non-linear connection of thoughts lol. I like POR quite a bit, the foliage and landscaping is nice and it doesn’t cost 800$ a night.
I’ll tell you why I use port orleans some other time…it’s not because I have any problems with port

UNCgolf

POR is by far the best value among on-property hotels IMO -- not that that's necessarily saying much considering how jacked up the prices are across the board.

Lilofan

POR is by far the best value among on-property hotels IMO -- not that that's necessarily saying much considering how jacked up the prices are across the board.
Port Orleans is right next to the fanciest and best guest service resort on property - WDW Four Seasons.

UNCgolf

Which one? French Quarter or Riverside?

Riverside for me, although French Quarter is nice too and they're so close together they're almost like one resort. You can walk from the Riverside lobby area to the FQ lobby area in like 10 minutes. I think it's about half a mile.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's what I thought, because I think the golf course used to be a Disney course and Four Seasons bought and renovated it too.
Indeed…

There were two courses there by Dye/Fazio

Eagle Pines and Osprey Ridge

I have no idea what they call them know amongst gaudy low quality mansions?

Bocabear

Being near the Four Seasons does nothing for you as a guest if you are at POR...lol You can't use the amenities, and the rooms are not Four Seasons quality...
Even Disney's Deluxe hotels like Grand Floridian ETC are not up to the Four Seasons quality...

MR.Dis

I agree you have to spend to make…

But the management has decided against the model that worked for 50 years and decided limiting investment and raising scarcity is the way to go.

They already told you what they thought they had to do to counter universal’s expansion: nothing.
Disney
They did nothing. And now they’ll string out the next set of repurposing.

When someone tells you who they are…BELIEVE THEM
Do not disagree with you. I do believe Disney was legitimately scared to invest billions of dollars as long as the law suites were unsettled. IF (a big if) Florida and Disney hammer out a development plan that both can live with, things can move forward, I am not a Disney apologist by any means, but I did a deep dive of Disney's investment prior to Covid. When you total the investment it is quite impressive. Quickly, but not all inclusive was over a billion in the magic band technology, the redevelopment of MK's Storybook area, Pandora, Toy Story land, Star War land, Mickey and Minnie RR, The Rat ride, Guardians of the galaxy, and Tron. My complaint is that since Covid they have stopped with new capital expenditures. That is why I was greatly disappointed in the promotion of Chapek, a true penny pincher who had cut back on many of the above named projects. Your posts are witty and I find myself agreeing with most of what you post. I am just hopeful on this you are wrong (please be wrong as I really enjoy going to Disney and at 70 yr old, do not know how many years I have left).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do not disagree with you. I do believe Disney was legitimately scared to invest billions of dollars as long as the law suites were unsettled. IF (a big if) Florida and Disney hammer out a development plan that both can live with, things can move forward, I am not a Disney apologist by any means, but I did a deep dive of Disney's investment prior to Covid. When you total the investment it is quite impressive. Quickly, but not all inclusive was over a billion in the magic band technology, the redevelopment of MK's Storybook area, Pandora, Toy Story land, Star War land, Mickey and Minnie RR, The Rat ride, Guardians of the galaxy, and Tron. My complaint is that since Covid they have stopped with new capital expenditures. That is why I was greatly disappointed in the promotion of Chapek, a true penny pincher who had cut back on many of the above named projects. Your posts are witty and I find myself agreeing with most of what you post. I am just hopeful on this you are wrong (please be wrong as I really enjoy going to Disney and at 70 yr old, do not know how many years I have left).
It’s really complicated…buried deep in their data mining archives that they have been collecting for decades…
But the most we can hope for are counter moves and some fleshing out. Another park does not…will not make sense.

Hell…you think they care? They can’t bother to run blizzard beach when it’s 95 degrees anymore.

They do not care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom