Disney Pixar's teaser for next release: Up

EPCOT Explorer

NICE!!

Watching now!-It looks very odd...THe blurb that describes it calls it "the least traditional of all the Pixar films"...Hmmm.WALL*E is a tough act to follow then.

Philo

Thanks for the link. It looks pretty interesting but I'm supprised they didn't show this clip at the beginning / end of Wall-E like they have with previous releases.

WeLComeHomE OKW

Thanks for the link. It looks pretty interesting but I'm surprised they didn't show this clip at the beginning / end of Wall-E like they have with previous releases.

I thought the same thing too.It's surprising because that's a pretty early release date too.

They actually explained this recently when they announced their film slate for the next 3-4 years. Since Disney and Pixar are one in the same, they will use their summer films to promote their holiday films and their holiday films to promote their summer films. So, the advertisement that was attached to Wall-E was Bolt, because it is being released in November.

In the future, it will generally go Pixar-Summer and Disney-holiday, but, Pixar will also be releasing a holiday film one year, so, this isn't something set in stone. I am sure that the company will like to switch it up in their long-term future, but for now, this is the format they will follow.

We should see a full-length theatrical trailer for UP attached to BOLT. I am looking forward to BOLT and the trailer in November.

Hope this helps! :wave:

THECARISMINE

Sounds really good an American Hayao Miyazaki like movie, very awesome, but enough with the Pixar related news.
So Disney, when do we get to see the Tron 2 Trailer online :D

dandaman

What other movies has he done?

Edit: Nevermind. I just read the article. :)

Well, for the benefit of others (and because I'm a Giacchino fan :lol: ), the more notable scores he's composed include LOST, Alias, The Incredibles, Ratatouille (nominated for Oscar: Best Score), as well as the Call of Duty and Medal of Honor video game series. :D Also scored for most of the recent Pixar shorts and even the soundtrack to (I assume Disneyland's) Space Mountain.

So... uh... movie looks nice. :lookaroun

Wilt Dasney

They actually explained this recently when they announced their film slate for the next 3-4 years. Since Disney and Pixar are one in the same, they will use their summer films to promote their holiday films and their holiday films to promote their summer films. So, the advertisement that was attached to Wall-E was Bolt, because it is being released in November.

In the future, it will generally go Pixar-Summer and Disney-holiday, but, Pixar will also be releasing a holiday film one year, so, this isn't something set in stone. I am sure that the company will like to switch it up in their long-term future, but for now, this is the format they will follow.

We should see a full-length theatrical trailer for UP attached to BOLT. I am looking forward to BOLT and the trailer in November.

Hope this helps! :wave:

Makes sense, but I'm not sure Pixar's getting the best end of that deal if it's true. How many people will see the Up trailer before Bolt, as compared to the number of people who saw the Bolt trailer before Wall-E?

Poor Pixar, getting saddled with promoting Disney's crappy films before their blockbusters. :lol:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Makes sense, but I'm not sure Pixar's getting the best end of that deal if it's true. How many people will see the Up trailer before Bolt, as compared to the number of people who saw the Bolt trailer before Wall-E?

Poor Pixar, getting saddled with promoting Disney's crappy films before their blockbusters. :lol:

Not necessarily....it's more a matter of timing. Bolt is this November, Up is next spring. It would make more sense having the Up trailers starting with Bolt.

Wilt Dasney

Not necessarily....it's more a matter of timing. Bolt is this November, Up is next spring. It would make more sense having the Up trailers starting with Bolt.
Yeah, I'm sure the release schedule is the main factor, like WeLComeHomE OKW said. Just comparing the quality of Pixar's stuff to Disney's lately, I'm not sure that works out the best for Pixar. It just struck me as kinda funny is all. :lol:

I was doing a show at Comic-Con in San Diego this past weekend and Disney-Pixar outfitted the elevators at the Marriot for the movie. When you got inside the elevator it was as if you were stepping into a blue sky surrounded by big white clouds and in the distance were the bouquet of balloons.

Then you went "UP".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom