Disney Photo Pass

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Hi All!

I just wanted to post about one of the smartest things I did with the Disney Photo Pass!! I went ahead and got the CD from our last trip - with over 150 photos on it!! I edited and added all the borders I wanted to all our photos on the Disney Photo Pass and by getting the CD, I now have all the photos to print at will! No more $12.95 pops for photos! I'm so pumped and love the photos! They look great and the CD was at my door in just a few days! Woo Hoo!! I'll definitely do this for all my trips from here on out!

:sohappy:

Tiggerfanatic

I got one for the first time this past trip, too. Got some really nice photos, except for the ones with the Cars - they were all fuzzy. The one thing I wish I'd known about ahead of time was the ability to add my purchased dinner photo packages to the CD.

Momketeer

Dinner Pictures

So did I read that last post right? Can you add your Dinner Package Pictures to a photopass CD???? I have wanted to get those pictures on photopass for years and was always told they can't. Always seemed like such a waste to print them, and I would be so much more likely to buy if I could look at them at my leisure at home rather than during a crazy character meal with 2 kids :ROFLOL:

Our last trip was a couple years ago so I am hoping that things have changed and you can now add pictures taken at the dinner packages to your photopass account. Your confirmation and information is as always appreciated.

Tom

Beta Return
So did I read that last post right? Can you add your Dinner Package Pictures to a photopass CD???? I have wanted to get those pictures on photopass for years and was always told they can't. Always seemed like such a waste to print them, and I would be so much more likely to buy if I could look at them at my leisure at home rather than during a crazy character meal with 2 kids :ROFLOL:

Our last trip was a couple years ago so I am hoping that things have changed and you can now add pictures taken at the dinner packages to your photopass account. Your confirmation and information is as always appreciated.

Not really.....

As far as I know, Cinderella's Breakfast at the MK is the ONLY food-related character photo you can get added to your PhotoPass, and that's just with Cinderella herself down in the lobby. And you still have to go through the hassle of taking a voucher to the Exposition Hall and having a CM manually add it to your PP.

I think it's absolutely crazy to NOT put Character Meal photos and Ride Photos on PP. I'm not about to pay $10 for a picture of me on Splash Mountain - or meeting Cinderella - but if they're on a CD with hundreds of other photos, that is a TINY bit more of an incentive for me to go ahead and buy the CD.

Right now Test Track is "testing" the process of putting your ride photo on your PP, but it didn't work for us a few weeks ago. We saw our photo on the monitor and held our PP card's bar code up to the little scanner till we were blue in the face. It would NOT scan it, so we never ended up with our photo. Oh well.

Gorjus

Dinner photos: When you dine at Cinderella's Royal Table, or Akershus in Norway, your portrait with the princess in included in the price of your meal. To add the photo to your photopass, stop by a Disney Camera Center with the receipt from the photo, or the large photo itself and we will add it to your photopass. For all other dining experiences, where they ask you if you want to purchase your photo, you can only add the photo to your photopass if you first purchase the photo at the dinner. And the process to adding it to your photopass is the same...stop by the camera center.

Test Track photos: it is the VERY RARE guest who can scan their own photos on to their pass for their ride photo. Shoot, the trained photographers have a REALLY hard time scanning the photos on to the pass. You need to give it to the photographer and let them scan it. Then it will go on your pass. It doesn't work like an eliptical scanner. It is a pain in the butt to do it. Basically, hold the card perpendicular to the wall, white side up. Place the card near the scanner and look for the red + mark to appear on the card. The + must go over the little black box with all the dots on it. Then you must move it all around and back and forth, keeping the plus sign on the black box. Do this all the while watching the screen above. When the screen says "Card OK", your photo has been scanned. By the way, you only have 40 seconds from the time the ride doors let you out of the car to get down the ramp, pull out your card and scan it. If you miss it, however, fear not, just head out to the gift shop where it says "Test Photo Pick up" and they will pull the photo back up and add it to your card.

All Epcot photographers spend their entire time they are assigned to Test Track hoping the ride will shut down for some reason or another. It is possibly the worst assignment to pop up on the computer.

DisneyGigi

Test Track photos: it is the VERY RARE guest who can scan their own photos on to their pass for their ride photo. Shoot, the trained photographers have a REALLY hard time scanning the photos on to the pass. You need to give it to the photographer and let them scan it. Then it will go on your pass. It doesn't work like an eliptical scanner. It is a pain in the butt to do it. Basically, hold the card perpendicular to the wall, white side up. Place the card near the scanner and look for the red + mark to appear on the card. The + must go over the little black box with all the dots on it. Then you must move it all around and back and forth, keeping the plus sign on the black box. Do this all the while watching the screen above. When the screen says "Card OK", your photo has been scanned. By the way, you only have 40 seconds from the time the ride doors let you out of the car to get down the ramp, pull out your card and scan it. If you miss it, however, fear not, just head out to the gift shop where it says "Test Photo Pick up" and they will pull the photo back up and add it to your card.

All Epcot photographers spend their entire time they are assigned to Test Track hoping the ride will shut down for some reason or another. It is possibly the worst assignment to pop up on the computer.

I have never had a problem scanning my photos on Test Track to the card. We ride it many times each trip and scan it every time- I guess we unload fast! :lol: Or maybe it because we have done it so many times. I wish they would add it to all the rides because we always do the CD since we now know to use photo pass as well as our own camera. I have found that you guys catch the shots that we, as guests, are to busy being caught up in the moment to catch!

Gorjus

I have never had a problem scanning my photos on Test Track to the card. We ride it many times each trip and scan it every time- I guess we unload fast! :lol: Or maybe it because we have done it so many times. I wish they would add it to all the rides because we always do the CD since we now know to use photo pass as well as our own camera. I have found that you guys catch the shots that we, as guests, are to busy being caught up in the moment to catch!

I'm thankful to you for knowing how to scan your card. In terms of character photography, you've hit the nail on the head as to why photopass is fabulous. I know if my character is going to give a hug or a kiss or some other special moment and I know exactly when it is going to happen. So I'm ready to capture it.

DisneyGigi

I'm thankful to you for knowing how to scan your card. In terms of character photography, you've hit the nail on the head as to why photopass is fabulous. I know if my character is going to give a hug or a kiss or some other special moment and I know exactly when it is going to happen. So I'm ready to capture it.

I am thankful for you guys being there to catch those moments! I always take pictures too but I have to pause and ooh and ahh so I miss the really cute ones that you guys don't. The CD is well worth it if you learn to hand over that card every chance you get! :)

Shadowdawn

I know that I have a ton of pictures oh getting Tigger hugs or squeezed by Sully that my boyfriend and i would never been able to get if it was for the photopass gang. I mean it's great to not have to worry about taking the perfect picture but it's even better that you guys can capture the 4 yr. old smile on the 25 yr olds face. :sohappy:

Tom

Beta Return
So, let me get this straight. PhotoPass is the one we can order once we get home, online, right?

Yes, indeed. While you're there, you will get a PhotoPass card from the first photographer you see. Keep it your whole trip and have each subsequent photographer scan the barcode on it.

Then all the pics will be on one account on the web, which you can login to see for 30 days after your trip. You have that period of time to add a bunch of Disney borders and logos and banners, and also crop and edit all the pics you want. When you're happy, you can order prints (very pricey) or a CD of all of them.

The great thing is that you actually own the rights to the photos (for personal use, not commercial) and can print them at your local walmart for CHEAP!

Just keep your PhotoPass card once you get your first one. You CAN add more than one card to an online account, but then you risk losing track of them all.

joanna71985

I love doing Photopass. I got 2 CDs last summer, and the character shots came out great! I can't wait to use Photopass again.

I love Photopass. Last year we were there on on Anniversary, where there before they changed the price, we were able to get two cds, one from a photo session at the Poly and one from the parks. We got some really great shots at Paris in Epcot. I will do Photopass every trip.

mouselvrmom

Not really.....

As far as I know, Cinderella's Breakfast at the MK is the ONLY food-related character photo you can get added to your PhotoPass, and that's just with Cinderella herself down in the lobby. And you still have to go through the hassle of taking a voucher to the Exposition Hall and having a CM manually add it to your PP.

I didn't have to have a photopass cm add my cinderella pictures onto my photopass account. I just waited until I got home and added the number on myself online. There is a number on the edge of the photo that you can use just like a photopass number.

Tom

Beta Return
I didn't have to have a photopass cm add my cinderella pictures onto my photopass account. I just waited until I got home and added the number on myself online. There is a number on the edge of the photo that you can use just like a photopass number.

Hmmm...that's new, or I was lied to in May. We asked how to get our photo and they said that we needed to go to the Exposition Hall and give them that magic number on our photo voucher and they'd add it to our PP.

Maybe they've changed it since May and made it easier. That's nice to know though.

mouselvrmom

Hmmm...that's new, or I was lied to in May. We asked how to get our photo and they said that we needed to go to the Exposition Hall and give them that magic number on our photo voucher and they'd add it to our PP.

Maybe they've changed it since May and made it easier. That's nice to know though.

Yep, our trip was in October. Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, I dug the picture out and checked and it does have the number on it. The only thing is it is somewhat of a pain to get it out of the holder. :lol:

Tom

Beta Return

We had plenty of time to scan our photo - it just didn't work.

I am quite familiar with the way laser scanners and barcodes work, but have never encountered one that required the barcode to be held perpendicular to the scanner. That's very odd. Perhaps they should put up some signage or diagrams at the viewing screens.

We weren't THAT interested in getting ours, so there was no desire to stand in line at the photo counter. We just thought it would be nice to have it for free on our PP. Oh well. Maybe they'll fix the technology if they implement it at other attractions.

Gorjus

You are both right. You can simply type the number in on the internet and it is in your account. But most people want everything on one card. So they will stand in line so all their cards/dinner photos can be combined onto one card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom