Disney Photo Pass

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
So did I read that last post right? Can you add your Dinner Package Pictures to a photopass CD???? I have wanted to get those pictures on photopass for years and was always told they can't. Always seemed like such a waste to print them, and I would be so much more likely to buy if I could look at them at my leisure at home rather than during a crazy character meal with 2 kids :ROFLOL:

Our last trip was a couple years ago so I am hoping that things have changed and you can now add pictures taken at the dinner packages to your photopass account. Your confirmation and information is as always appreciated.

No, I don't know anything about being able to add them to the dinner package. Sorry!!! That is a good idea though! :sohappy:

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I have never had success adding a photo on after the fact. Actually, when the Photo Pass photographers scanning thingys don't work, and they have to add it on manually, I find that it doesn't work either. But that doesn't happen very often.

BuddhasHomeGirl

I had been burned by Photo pass before so PLEASE do not "depend" on the photo pass for those special moments, after the photo pass photographer takes the pic, hand them YOUR camera and ask to have another photo taken.

I have had photos NOT be on the card, I have also had MANY of MY pics come out better than the photo pass photo.

Gorjus

I had been burned by Photo pass before so PLEASE do not "depend" on the photo pass for those special moments, after the photo pass photographer takes the pic, hand them YOUR camera and ask to have another photo taken.

I have had photos NOT be on the card, I have also had MANY of MY pics come out better than the photo pass photo.

Please give your camera to the photographer at the same time you are giving the photopass: before the photo is taken. We are HAPPY to take a photo with your camera.

Our equipment is an electronic device that occaisionally goes plooey...correction, goes flooey, once a day. We also have varying levels of photographers. You get me, you get good...unless my camera is screwy. You get the guy from turnstiles that just wanted a pay raise without having to work for it (photopass is paid more), you take your chances.

Important Note: even if you plan on buying your stuff online from home, stop by the camera center on a regular basis to be sure the photos are coming out ok and everything is on the card that should be on the card. It is an electronic system. Things go wrong.

LoriMistress

DH and I used Photopass on our last trip and it worked wonders! We had around a total 300 pictures on our CD. I pre-ordered it in advance to get the $25 discount; which we used for the GF photo shoot.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Please give your camera to the photographer at the same time you are giving the photopass: before the photo is taken. We are HAPPY to take a photo with your camera.

Our equipment is an electronic device that occaisionally goes plooey...correction, goes flooey, once a day. We also have varying levels of photographers. You get me, you get good...unless my camera is screwy. You get the guy from turnstiles that just wanted a pay raise without having to work for it (photopass is paid more), you take your chances.

Important Note: even if you plan on buying your stuff online from home, stop by the camera center on a regular basis to be sure the photos are coming out ok and everything is on the card that should be on the card. It is an electronic system. Things go wrong.

This is a great tip - check the photo pass every night on line - b/c then you can go back and redo the pics if you need too.

So you working the first week in June!!! :lol: Actually - the DH and I want to have a photographer go around with us - do we have to hire someone? I know you can get engagement/honeymoon packages through the wedding/honeymoon folks. But once we had a photopass photographer walk us through the countries of Epcot. Got some hilarious shots! Lots of fun and we wanted to do that at MK this time!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
DH and I used Photopass on our last trip and it worked wonders! We had around a total 300 pictures on our CD. I pre-ordered it in advance to get the $25 discount; which we used for the GF photo shoot.

GF Photo Shoot! What's that!!!!!

Gorjus

Warning: I'm angry about a financial matter in my life that has hit a snag. Any attitude towards any readers of this post is not intentional and has nothing to do with you. But my powers of diplomacy, classiness, and grace may be out of reach right now.

This is a great tip - check the photo pass every night on line - b/c then you can go back and redo the pics if you need too.

So you working the first week in June!!! :lol: Actually - the DH and I want to have a photographer go around with us - do we have to hire someone? I know you can get engagement/honeymoon packages through the wedding/honeymoon folks. But once we had a photopass photographer walk us through the countries of Epcot. Got some hilarious shots! Lots of fun and we wanted to do that at MK this time!

photos can take at least 24 hours to go online. At the end of your trip stop by a camera center for the last few days of photos.

In Epcot, your ran into a "Rover". They have freedom. If I take your photo and no one else comes up to me while I'm taking your photo, sure, I can follow you around for a bit. But if suddenly I get a line after I take your photo, you have a choice of waiting for me for a bit or moving on. The Rover program is only at Epcot...sadly.

No, you can't ask a photographer to follow you around, much as we would LOVE to...seriously. However, if you have a special event...proposal...you can request a photographer at no cost.

For me, the best photos I take, for a photo shoot, are in Canada and Japan and The English Garden and some in Morocco and ... you know what. Tell a photographer you want some different photos. You don't want the usual "icon" photos. Hopefully, you will have one with some creativity.

GF Photo Shoot! What's that!!!!!

You can have a professional photo shoot done at any of our deluxe hotels. I forget the exact price breakdown, but basically, for $200, you can have a photo shoot at a hotel and have a CD made of that; plus you can have all of your photopass photos added to a CD as well.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Warning: I'm angry about a financial matter in my life that has hit a snag. Any attitude towards any readers of this post is not intentional and has nothing to do with you. But my powers of diplomacy, classiness, and grace may be out of reach right now.

photos can take at least 24 hours to go online. At the end of your trip stop by a camera center for the last few days of photos.

In Epcot, your ran into a "Rover". They have freedom. If I take your photo and no one else comes up to me while I'm taking your photo, sure, I can follow you around for a bit. But if suddenly I get a line after I take your photo, you have a choice of waiting for me for a bit or moving on. The Rover program is only at Epcot...sadly.

No, you can't ask a photographer to follow you around, much as we would LOVE to...seriously. However, if you have a special event...proposal...you can request a photographer at no cost.

For me, the best photos I take, for a photo shoot, are in Canada and Japan and The English Garden and some in Morocco and ... you know what. Tell a photographer you want some different photos. You don't want the usual "icon" photos. Hopefully, you will have one with some creativity.

You can have a professional photo shoot done at any of our deluxe hotels. I forget the exact price breakdown, but basically, for $200, you can have a photo shoot at a hotel and have a CD made of that; plus you can have all of your photopass photos added to a CD as well.

I'm sorry to hear about the snag! :( But you were great - nothing bad said or hurt feelings! :)

Thanks for the tips! I don't know if a resort photo session is what we are looking for - I think you could get more "creative" photos at the parks. If I ask for someone to come around with us, where do I go to set this up? And is this available at any of the parks? I love creative "photo journalist" style photos! And yes, the icons are great - but the creative ones really capture moments and so fun!

Thanks for the info! :sohappy:

Gorjus

I'm sorry. No one is going to be able to "go around" with you. We don't have the staff for that. It really can't be set up. Now if you need a photographer for 15 minutes for a special occaision you want recorded, that can be arranged by going to Guest Relations and asking them to contact Photopass, but it doesn't sound like that is the case. Again, at Epcot there are ROVERS, but no where else. The way it works, is you simply run into a rover in your travels since the managers don't even know where we are half the time. A rover can follow you for a bit until other guests need them. At Epcot, you can see if Guest RElations can call photopass and see if they can have a Rover meet you somewhere.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I'm sorry. No one is going to be able to "go around" with you. We don't have the staff for that. It really can't be set up. Now if you need a photographer for 15 minutes for a special occaision you want recorded, that can be arranged by going to Guest Relations and asking them to contact Photopass, but it doesn't sound like that is the case. Again, at Epcot there are ROVERS, but no where else. The way it works, is you simply run into a rover in your travels since the managers don't even know where we are half the time. A rover can follow you for a bit until other guests need them. At Epcot, you can see if Guest RElations can call photopass and see if they can have a Rover meet you somewhere.

Thanks Gorjus!!! :sohappy: I hope things are better for you now too!!! :wave:

Monkeymama

Yes, indeed. While you're there, you will get a PhotoPass card from the first photographer you see. Keep it your whole trip and have each subsequent photographer scan the barcode on it.

Then all the pics will be on one account on the web, which you can login to see for 30 days after your trip. You have that period of time to add a bunch of Disney borders and logos and banners, and also crop and edit all the pics you want. When you're happy, you can order prints (very pricey) or a CD of all of them.

The great thing is that you actually own the rights to the photos (for personal use, not commercial) and can print them at your local walmart for CHEAP!

Just keep your PhotoPass card once you get your first one. You CAN add more than one card to an online account, but then you risk losing track of them all.

Awesome info--thanks soooo much!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Hey Gorjus!

Quick question my photo snapping friend!! :sohappy:

I was looking on the weddings site and I saw the sit down portrait resort shoot for like $310 - but the photo used to highlight this session, was a couple on Carousel at MK?? :confused: I'm confused and it could just be a marketing boo boo - but is there a photo shoot that I can purchase at MK? Thanks! :wave:

minidreamin

We've done the Photopass CD on each trip we've taken. Most of the photographers seem to really enjoy their job. I've even managed to get a few photos of them. :)

We were eating in the Plaza restaurant and I noticed the group of photographers waiting just outside. The parade down Main Street was about to end so they could get back to their stations. I headed out and told them that it was my turn to get their picture! I think it turned out pretty well.

1753597838_3d948a1a4e.jpg

In EPCOT, I saw this photographer checking out the topiaries while waiting for the next guest. I told her that I wanted her pic before she took mine. :)

2455233827_8c75d82f35_b.jpg

We'll be back there in two weeks. I am so ready.

Gorjus

I've even managed to get a few photos of them. :)

We were eating in the Plaza restaurant and I noticed the group of photographers waiting just outside. The parade down Main Street was about to end so they could get back to their stations. I headed out and told them that it was my turn to get their picture! I think it turned out pretty well.

1753597838_3d948a1a4e.jpg

In EPCOT, I saw this photographer checking out the topiaries while waiting for the next guest. I told her that I wanted her pic before she took mine. :)

2455233827_8c75d82f35_b.jpg

We'll be back there in two weeks. I am so ready.

WOW!!!!! Nice!

The first photo you took was a group of photographers on a training mission. Notice only one camera. We were practicing new "magic" photos (similar to the Tink photo, but different).

The second photo is "Pirate Tray" Great photographer.

The first photo was taken a while ago. The second around spring of this year. Am I correct?

Do you mind if I share this with them?

Gorjus

Hey Gorjus!

Quick question my photo snapping friend!! :sohappy:

I was looking on the weddings site and I saw the sit down portrait resort shoot for like $310 - but the photo used to highlight this session, was a couple on Carousel at MK?? :confused: I'm confused and it could just be a marketing boo boo - but is there a photo shoot that I can purchase at MK? Thanks! :wave:

Event photography is different from resort photography. Resort uses photopass. Event doesn't use photopass, thus the huge price increase. Call the photography from the wedding site. They might do a photo shoot for you...prepare to pay and it won't be on photopass. But it will get you what you want and that is a good thing:sohappy:

minidreamin

WOW!!!!! Nice!

The first photo you took was a group of photographers on a training mission. Notice only one camera. We were practicing new "magic" photos (similar to the Tink photo, but different).

The second photo is "Pirate Tray" Great photographer.

The first photo was taken a while ago. The second around spring of this year. Am I correct?

Do you mind if I share this with them?
The group photo was taken in October 2007. The second photo was taken in April 2008. Please feel free to share the pics with them. :) The full size versions can be found here and here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom