1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Parks Blog: 17 Reasons to Visit WDW in 2017

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by JohnD, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Bandini

Bandini Well-Known Member

Threads like these always say more about the posters than they do about Disney.

2. BrerJon

BrerJon Well-Known Member

Wow that is scraping the barrel when they have to list 'more announcements about what might be in Star Wars land' as a reason to visit, and yet still couldn't think of a few extra things to make it to 20 reasons.

I'll stick to this website and the drone photos for Star Wars news thanks all the same, not really down for booking an entire trip to learn what might be happening in future years.

3. drizgirl

drizgirl Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm thinking I don't have to visit the parks to hear the announcements.

Seriously. Someone needs to read these things before they post them.

4. RobidaFlats

RobidaFlats Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I bet they'll come up with 20 reasons for 2020 ;)...

SorcererMC and BrerJon like this.
  5. mandstaft

mandstaft Well-Known Member

We are considering a trip in the Fall of this year. Considering- because we haven't been since 2009. But it will be the first trip where we spend two days at Universal and probably stay at one of their resorts. Used to be we'd go every 3 years or so when the parks constantly had new attractions added. So, we don't go as often as we used to. This trip could be one that lasts until 2022-5 or so at this pace. We'll see Star Wars Land in California because we have our families there and go west more often.

Kman101 and SorcererMC like this.
  6. MySmallWorldof4

MySmallWorldof4 Well-Known Member

My guess is the blog post isn't really geared to people like us who are lucky to be able to go a minimum of once, twice, three times or more a year. It is geared towards those who save for years to be able to have a magical vacation. What sounds blah to many of us may be very enticing to those who have never been. Just a thought.

7. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

That's the problem Marketing and Legal read this pathetic effort dozens of times... this is the best that today's Disney can come up with.

BrerJon, brb1006 and SorcererMC like this.
  8. Bandini

I think you're right, but how is this supposed to attract new visitors:

More Updates on Star Wars-Inspired Land
    – Disney’s Animal Kingdom isn’t the only theme park enjoying an expansion. Disney’s Hollywood Studios is also adding a Star Wars-inspired land, which is currently under construction at the park. Measuring 14-acres, the new land will transport guests to a never-before-seen planet, a remote trading port and one of the last stops before wild space where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life. Look for more updates on this expansion and its offerings later this year.

I don't think new visitors are stupid, so I don't think this would be a reason to visit WDW .

epcot82fan, Kman101, brb1006 and 6 others like this.
  9. drizgirl

drizgirl Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like a good reason for the occasional visitor to wait just a bit longer (until the construction is done and the new lands open).

10. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

I wonder if they are doing some kind of preview announcement event later this year? Maybe around when the new movie comes out?

11. rael ramone

rael ramone Well-Known Member

17 for 17 (reminds me of 30 for 30 from the shrinking arm of $DIS otherwise know as ESPN)...

Sounds cute. 17 is a *lot* of new stuff to add, so one would expect that in addition to a hoped for home run (Avatar) they'd include some base on balls, reached base on error or passed ball on a 3rd strike, etc. Not 'come see the new young phenom play.... but he's not here yet.... he's still down in the minors and he's got a way to go before he's up to the big leagues, but he's a reason to pay money to see the team now'...really...

I'm guessing someone high up the food chain demanded that Star Wars Land be included in the list despite it not opening in 17. Someone that doesn't care that the Theme of the list was things to do in 17 and SWL doesn't fit that particular theme..

(And a part of me wonders if someone will print out the list of 17, highlight #16, then try to scale the fence in DHS to 'experience' SWL in 17)...

ford91exploder and HauntedPirate like this.
  12. Figments Friend

Figments Friend Well-Known Member

My mistake then....for some reason i have been under the impression it was the end of this year, but it is indeed much later as i just did some catching up.

Carry on, these are not the Droids you are looking for....

2017 is still a great time to visit DLR, though !
    :)

-

ford91exploder and brb1006 like this.
  13. The_Jobu

The_Jobu Well-Known Member

That's what I enjoy about WDWMagic, you always know what people are going to say. Like heading to your local pub, you know what all the regulars are going to say already about what's in the news, but there is comfort in the predictability.

Also, this list was pretty sad. We could probably cobble together a better one if we tried.

14. BrerJon

BrerJon Well-Known Member

It is deliberately worded to imply it's opening this year. It's listed under reasons to visit in 2017, is under construction (which at any normal park probably means not far off opening) and no opening date is given, so any casual reader would assume it's a 2017 thing.

They no question want some people to misunderstand and book a trip thinking they're getting Star Wars land too, and of course guests of that research level will see Launch Bay and the fireworks and assume that's it, so there's not much danger of blowback to Disney doing that.

ford91exploder and epcot82fan like this.
  15. epcot82fan

epcot82fan EPCOT Center Purist

I don't think anybody has an issue with Disney posting something like this on their blog. The point is, Disney couldn't even come up with 17 things that are truly exciting. I saw maybe 2-3 that were interesting to me.

16. epcot82fan

epcot82fan EPCOT Center Purist

Back in 1991 Disney gave 20 reasons to visit in honor of WDW's 20th anniversary, and all of them were legitimate reasons to visit instead of the fluff we get today.

17. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

I agree about the 2-3. I think that's common in a blog post, and I think it's the point of it. I rarely read something where everything interests me.

For what it's worth, the 20 reasons listed were great! I dont think the "17 in '17" would or should be a commercial, two different types and styles of marketing.

epcot82fan likes this.
  18. TP2000

TP2000 Well-Known Member

They will obviously have to talk about Star Wars Land for both coasts at this year's D23 Expo in Anaheim. So I would expect the "more news" the Parks Blog blathered on about to arrive around July 16th mid-afternoon Anaheim time.

But I'm still not sure why that media announcement this July in Anaheim would be a reason to visit WDW this year? :confused:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    epcot82fan and Smooth like this.
  19. Bandini

It wouldn't. That's the joke! But I think it's the direction that social media is taking, they pretend everything is a big event.

HauntedPirate and ford91exploder like this.
  20. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

Or TDL or TDS better visit BOTH to see how Disney Parks in the US USED to be run, Heck they even have day and nighttime parades which get regular plussing instead of duct tape and bailing wire to keep them running...

HauntedPirate and brb1006 like this.