Disney Parks Blog: 17 Reasons to Visit WDW in 2017

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So, I'm not sure, but I think Pandora was announced in 2011!!!! It's now 2017!
Come on , Disney, that's 6 years to complete a land??? If the pictures on the opening pages of WDWMagic are up to date, then Pandora does not look very far along at all. Neither does the other 2 lands, either!
I wish they would announce, and complete an attraction/land in a more timely manner.

Remember that Avatar was announced MUCH earlier in it's development process then most new attractions. Construction didn't start until Jan 2014 so we are looking at about 3 1/2 years to build, still a long time, but not much beyond other large Disney projects. Not sure what picture you are seeing for Pandora, but it is very far along. Based on what we see it could easily open Spring of next year, although Disney is still saying Summer.

drizgirl

Remember that Avatar was announced MUCH earlier in it's development process then most new attractions. Construction didn't start until Jan 2014 so we are looking at about 3 1/2 years to build, still a long time, but not much beyond other large Disney projects. Not sure what picture you are seeing for Pandora, but it is very far along. Based on what we see it could easily open Spring of next year, although Disney is still saying Summer.

If they didn't want people think it took 6 years to build, they shouldn't have announced it until they were ready to start on it.

21stamps

I don't get why everyone is so down on JBJB. I honestly really loved it. It's a bit cheesey, but I'm the way that Christmas specials are. Feels very right for a Christmas show in Hollywood Studios.
Epcot is the grand, dignified Christmas.
Magic Kingdom is the fun, fantasy of Christmas of children and families.
Hollywood Studios is the over the top, bit cheesey Christmas of classic Christmas specials.

Their three night shows match the three different takes on Christmas.

My only real complaint with JBJB was no "Whats this" in the Nightmare Before Christmas segment.
Agree.
See that's the problem, It's a "Cute" show. There's nothing special about it. If all Disney wants to do is get "Participation Trophies" then they're doing a good job. But given they're trying to keep people in a half open park for an entire day their offerings are substandard.

The MK until the Halloween parties will have no nighttime parade and a decades old fireworks show, with nothing new in site. Epcot has a decades old laser/fireworks show with nothing new in site. Disney Studios has a cobbled together projection show that relies only upon the IP (Star Wars) that it's based on for its popularity, and AK has nothing, because whatever they put together with ROL after spending tens of millions in infrastructure and technology is either so terrible that it can't go live, or just doesn't work.

The MK can't even seem to get a hand-me-down parade from DLR, what hope do we have that they really want to improve and innovate. (Unless of course it's an up charge party night)
I don't view HS as a half open park..so that may be the source of our differences of opinions right there. Technically they are also the park which has the most nighttime entertainment options. Especially the past few weeks. AK has the Tree of Life Awakenings and a street carnival right now. RoL will be a wonderful addition, but AK is still great in the evening as it stands.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Almost as annoying as that list is the fact that they have the gall to call SWL at DHS a "park expansion". To me, "expansion" means "becoming larger", which is not the case. But, I guess "rip-out-and-replace" doesn't have the same MAGICAL!!! effect to marketing pukes, because it's the truth rather than some MAGICAL!!! PR fluff.

Minnesota disney fan

The picture I am seeing is the one that shows up when you go to this site. It shows Pandora, Toy Story Land, and Star Wars lands, one after the other if you don't punch in where you want to go to next on the site. It would have to look better than that picture to open this Summer. I wonder why this site uses such "old" pictures for their opening pages?????

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The picture I am seeing is the one that shows up when you go to this site. It shows Pandora, Toy Story Land, and Star Wars lands, one after the other if you don't punch in where you want to go to next on the site. It would have to look better than that picture to open this Summer. I wonder why this site uses such "old" pictures for their opening pages?????

The pictures of Star Wars Land, Toy Story Land and Avatar on the front page are all pretty recent, within the last month. Here is the Avatar picture. This was from early December, the crane has been removed since this was taken. What is shown in this picture is easily 6 months or less from completion.

upload_2017-1-2_13-19-11.png

Goofyque'

OK, still excited to go in 2017. Still excited for the new stuff, still love the stuff that is there. Can only think of a few members on these boards that have been doing Disney as long as I have. These over the top complaints are about as comical as the WDW blog list.

Sped2424

I would highly recommend going to Disneyland instead out in sunny, non-humid California.
Lots of REAL reasons to 'go in 2017'.

Just DO IT people....you will not be disappointed.
:)

-
Fantasmic 2.0
Guardians tower
Rivers of America opens again
Train opens up again

That's about all I can think of when you compare they have more to offer but I will say pandora is a HUGE reason to visit wdw this year.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Almost as annoying as that list is the fact that they have the gall to call SWL at DHS a "park expansion". To me, "expansion" means "becoming larger", which is not the case. But, I guess "rip-out-and-replace" doesn't have the same MAGICAL!!! effect to marketing pukes, because it's the truth rather than some MAGICAL!!! PR fluff.

Why does PR fluff annoy you? It's a PR blog.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
All 3 images you mention were shot December 2016

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom