1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Parks Blog: 17 Reasons to Visit WDW in 2017

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by JohnD, Jan 1, 2017.

1. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

This is the company which made a big deal of the opening of a parking structure for crying out loud. At one time Disney was the leader in creating things you did not know you wanted till you saw them of course.

Now Repainting something is front page news in the Orlando Sentinel, How the mighty have fallen under Igor and his band of Pressler disciples. I wonder whether they have leathers emblazoned with 'Sons of Pressler'

wdisney9000 and HauntedPirate like this.
  2. Figments Friend

Figments Friend Well-Known Member

Reminds me a lot of last year around this time, when Disney was running WDW adverts before theatrical showings of 'The Force Awkaens' out here in cinemas located in the Northeastern US.

I had a good chuckle after seeing the ad, as it made Launch Bay seem like a whole new 'land' to explore and enjoy in 2016.

Talk about slightly misleading....
    :hilarious:

-

3. OliveMcFly

OliveMcFly Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who forgets that Pandora is even being built?

4. Bandini

Bandini Well-Known Member

That's number 13 on the blog and that's not the issue, as you already know.

Perhaps the blog's author should've changed the post to focus solely on Pandora/Avatarland and talked about 17 neat things to see in that land. Instead she tried to convince us that visiting a gift shop, restaurant, or attending a SWL announcement was a great reason to visit the parks.

5. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

But what about the benches?

6. Andrew C

Andrew C You know what's funny? Premium Member

those are great reasons...for first timers... :hilarious:

7. OliveMcFly

OliveMcFly Well-Known Member

Wait...gift shops! Forget Pandora :hilarious:

wdisney9000 likes this.
  8. xdan0920

xdan0920 Think for yourselfer Premium Member

Just got an email. 17 intriguing players to watch in MLB this year. Garbage list. The commissioner really needs to put an end to this. There was barely 2-3 players that were really worth watching...

jakeman likes this.
  9. BrerJon

BrerJon Well-Known Member

Bit disappointed to not see the Tomorrowland cabanas listed either.

SorcererMC, brb1006, The_Jobu and 2 others like this.
  10. RadiatorSpringsRacer

RadiatorSpringsRacer Well-Known Member

Like this?

brb1006 likes this.
  11. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

What are these benches of which you speak ...

12. RobidaFlats

RobidaFlats Well-Known Member

Well, yes, but I was more alluding to the fact that it was only 17 this year because it's 2017 and the 2020 would undoubtedly see 20.

RadiatorSpringsRacer likes this.
  13. wdisney9000

wdisney9000 Well-Known Member

I picture them all wearing matching denim jackets with "Mondays Suck" bedazzled on the back

14. DisneyPrincess5

DisneyPrincess5 Well-Known Member

Hah no I'm included in that, too. Pandora was announced in 2011. 2011. As in 6 years ago, technically more like 5 and some months to be fair. I get that these things take time, but that's a long time. I tend to kind of tune out to the details of construction until it's close to opening. Too much to keep up with for too long. Plus we don't spend an exorbitant amount of time at AK so it's not always on my mind. Should be amazing when it does open though which is exciting.

OliveMcFly likes this.
  15. EricsBiscuit

EricsBiscuit Well-Known Member

I think people misunderstand Iger. He is a quality not quantity guy. I would rather have a few good attractions open each year rather than crappy expansions wasting space. If they closed Cars Land y'all would be angry. I bet in a couple years when SWL does open you guys will completely change your minds. I love the way that the parks are heading more towards quality not quantity additions. The occasional cool addition like the muppet thing at MK was great. Frozen is a success and a badass ride way better than antique Nordstrum. This forum is so opposed to change its ridiculous. If DLR was so good why isn't it the number one tourist destination? WDW is unequivocally the best vacation spot. I am an AP and go every week because it's so fun. I can't stand how negative this forum is however. This is a f*cking Disney forum and all they do is take steamy one on everything Disney does... Lol

16. Luxe

Luxe Well-Known Member

If you don't like it, why do you come back then? The people who complain that the forums are too negative are more annoying than the people who are negative. Not to sound rude but it's a two way street. Since when does being cautious about praising Disney define negativity? It's not hard to see why people are so critical when you look at their track record the past decade. Like many others have said in the past, this is a forum of very passionate Disney fans. We only criticize, critique and analyze so harshly because we care so deeply. If you are looking for a place to gush about everything Disney does, sorry to say but this is not the place. Who would even want to visit a site like that? Can you imagine how boring that would be?

Tim - "Have you SEEN those slick new cabanas?!?"
    Bob - "YEAH MAN they are TOTALLY sweet, I can't believe they only cost $700!!"
    Tim - "Right?!? Disney is so generous offering us so many options to enhance our visits!"
    Bob - "Precisely! I'm glad they hiked up the ticket prices, I think they deserve it for all of the creative options they gave us this year!!"

17. The_Jobu

The_Jobu Well-Known Member

Ugh. Tim and Bob are the WORST...

Luxe likes this.
  18. Luxe

Luxe Well-Known Member

I should have used Martin and Steve instead :hilarious:

The_Jobu likes this.
  19. EricsBiscuit

EricsBiscuit Well-Known Member

That makes sense I understand now.

20. Communicore

Communicore Well-Known Member

Isn't there a video of 20 reasons for the 20th year anniversary and it was like, all amazing and cool? Man oh man...