Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by JohnD, Jan 1, 2017.
I apologize if I sounded rude!
I'd hope so for a big event/year like that.
Okay, while I still think this is a pathetic sounding list (maybe it could have been shortened to 10 things. Or 7), I am going to attempt to create my own 17 reasons that I'm going to Disney this fall. Disclaimer- I'm doing this slightly in jest. I think that annual passholders and frequent visitors have a reason to be ticked off.
2. It has been almost 9 years since I was there, and when I go, it will be 9 1/2.
3. I've never ridden Space Mountain
4. Or 7DMT
5. Or Tower of Terror
6. ditto for Aerosmith
7. And Dinosaur
8. I think it's almost been 2 decades since I was on Peter Pan
9. I plan on eating (and sharing drinks) around the World Showcase on my birthday.
10. And also take part in the Behind the Seeds tour
11. Oh right, finally doing Test Track
12. I am going to eat my first Dole Whip
13. Ummmm.... I'll eat my first Mickey bar since childhood?
14. Eat lunch at Be Our Guest
15. Experiencd MILF for the first time (Disney, change the name already).
16. Ride TSMM for the first time
17. What I am most excited for- Finally experience the world of Harry Potter- oh wait, no, that's Universal! I guess Star Tours and Soarin' both have new versions.
So, for me, there's plenty of new stuff. For the frequent guest, there hasn't been a lot. A quarter of my list is stuff I was too chicken to do when I was a kid (... and teenager...). I'm glad Disney is finally picking up the pace, but it's embarrassing that it took them this long to make changes.
But, but, but - there ARE people just like that, that post long and loud and often. Never met an upcharge that they couldn't rationalize and love. And God help the poster who dares to disagree with them. Opinions are great, as long as it's not different from theirs. Except her name is neither Bob nor Tim.
So...what's worth it (new) this year?
2. Miss Adventure Falls
3. More Disney Springs shops.
4. New Star Tours destinations.
you forgot RoL...maybe...hehe
Here edited it for you:
Maybe 2?. New Star Tours destinations.
Most of the reasons in 2017 seem to be related to Star Wars. Disney overpaid for Star Wars and will market it to the point of exhaustion to recoop some of that money. Many other things at WDW will be carrying that burden as they are reduced or cheapened.
And Happily Ever After!
$4 billion seems like a steal - two movies into owning it and the box office has been $3.2 billion. Pretty sure the exhaustion part is BECAUSE it makes so much money.
Overpaid? I think your math is off. If they stopped making the movies today, they would still be able to make it up in merchandise... Thats like saying universal over spent to build the Wizarding world additions yet they were paid for in butter beer sales.
$4B for Star Wars probably would have been a fair deal, even if they didn't make a single new Star Wars "thing" since the purchase. Force Awakens made almost $1B in box office in the US alone, before toys or the five million product tie-ins (remember Wookiee coffee creamer?). You need to refine your trolling technique.
No way. It's half of what they paid for Pixar and includes the Indy Franchise, ILM and Skywalksr Sound. It was a steal.
What it will mean is the SW franchise will now be flogged to death. As we've already seen in the Disney Star Wars and a few other franchise Studios. And Starwarsland at DLP.
Hate Star Wars you will, after done with Disney is padawan.
Fixed that for you.
Separate names with a comma.