Disney Parks Blog: 17 Reasons to Visit WDW in 2017

MuteSuperstar

List looks to me like it's roughly in chronological order... Which, for me, means no new reason to go until #13

Yeah that's what I was thinking, but good grief, IF it's actually going to open in summer (will believe it when I see it), seems like they'd wanna make it #1 and I would assume Cameron would be kinda miffed to see it buried at #13.

Rteetz

One thing that is interesting to me is the description of the new raft ride at Typhoon Lagoon. It was named Miss fortune falls. They don't mention the name there. A few days ago Orlando Theme Park news reported that the raft ride might have been renamed. That description leads me to believe it has been renamed.

21stamps

To add to a rather depressing list, it also seems to confirm that Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! will be back for 2017. I was hoping this was a one year show and something better could be done for 2017.
It was actually a cute show, or at least we enjoyed it. Still sad that we missed the SW fireworks.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
I would highly recommend going to Disneyland instead out in sunny, non-humid California.
Lots of REAL reasons to 'go in 2017'.

Just DO IT people....you will not be disappointed.
:)

-
Couldn't agree more! In summer 2016 we went to WDW for a few days, then about a month later we went to DL. Our most recent experiences on the West Coast have been far superior to our most recent experiences down in the swamps. I can't wait to get back to Anaheim.

lostpro9het

It was actually a cute show, or at least we enjoyed it. Still sad that we missed the SW fireworks.

The only thing I liked about JBJB! is it allowed us to get in a RnR and two ToT trips. Yeah, you really missed out on the SW show, it was so much better.

bhg469

Ill be down to fl on feb 24th on my annual spring training work trip. I really really wanted any reason to go this year. Its nuts to spend that kind of cash only to have less to see than last year the same time.

Kman101

As someone who hasn't seen Jingle BAM!, or any videos of it yet, what could be done to make it better? What's missing? Why does it seem everyone thinks it's "meh"? Just curious. Maybe we'll see them try to improve it this year? Anyone know what guest feedback has been like for it?

21stamps

The only thing I liked about JBJB! is it allowed us to get in a RnR and two ToT trips. Yeah, you really missed out on the SW show, it was so much better.
Lucky we didn't watch them online first so we don't totally know what we missed.lol. Still stings a bit though.
As someone who hasn't seen Jingle BAM!, or any videos of it yet, what could be done to make it better? What's missing? Why does it seem everyone thinks it's "meh"? Just curious. Maybe we'll see them try to improve it this year? Anyone know what guest feedback has been like for it?
I think, from reading some comments here, that people expected a lot of fireworks..claiming "well it's called Jingle BAM", without realizing that Jingle Bam is a Prep and Landing reference. If you like P&L, or if you are a fan of projection shows and lasers, with fireworks in the mix..then it's definitely a cute show. If you want Wishes style fireworks..then you'll probably be disappointed.

For what it's worth, all of the fb reviews I have read and people I know all enjoyed it. Even on this site and another people who attended said it was cute.. but there are a lot of people on here saying it was bad...I guess if they're bring it back then it was generally well received, there will always be a few who don't like something.

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I think, from reading some comments here, that people expected a lot of fireworks..claiming "well it's called Jingle BAM", without realizing that Jingle Bam is a Prep and Landing reference. If you like P&L, or if you are a fan of projection shows and lasers, with fireworks in the mix..then it's definitely a cute show. If you want Wishes style fireworks..then you'll probably be disappointed.

See that's the problem, It's a "Cute" show. There's nothing special about it. If all Disney wants to do is get "Participation Trophies" then they're doing a good job. But given they're trying to keep people in a half open park for an entire day their offerings are substandard.

The MK until the Halloween parties will have no nighttime parade and a decades old fireworks show, with nothing new in site. Epcot has a decades old laser/fireworks show with nothing new in site. Disney Studios has a cobbled together projection show that relies only upon the IP (Star Wars) that it's based on for its popularity, and AK has nothing, because whatever they put together with ROL after spending tens of millions in infrastructure and technology is either so terrible that it can't go live, or just doesn't work.

The MK can't even seem to get a hand-me-down parade from DLR, what hope do we have that they really want to improve and innovate. (Unless of course it's an up charge party night)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I don't get why everyone is so down on JBJB. I honestly really loved it. It's a bit cheesey, but I'm the way that Christmas specials are. Feels very right for a Christmas show in Hollywood Studios.
Epcot is the grand, dignified Christmas.
Magic Kingdom is the fun, fantasy of Christmas of children and families.
Hollywood Studios is the over the top, bit cheesey Christmas of classic Christmas specials.

Their three night shows match the three different takes on Christmas.

My only real complaint with JBJB was no "Whats this" in the Nightmare Before Christmas segment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom