Disney once again showing why...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Going back to the parade isn't the Daytona 500 the same thing 40+ companies sponsoring a car that goes around in circles for hours? I remember when the parade was live. Yeah each Christmas seems for now pretty wet but I wish they could make it live again and not so much a comercial. And yes I agree with you dxer07002 and jmc107. Yes wish John carter got more attention. The negative reviews really killed it as well but I love that movie I though it was one of the best book to movies film that Disney has done is a while. Sorry about spell check phone.

Yea, sometimes I think about how sometimes a tree might be upside down, and the street isn't plowed properly. Then I miss seeing the tv with an antenna. Also, my favorite pirate is a movie and when I sweat my car drives differently. Also, tree corn does not taste as good as flower steaks. Bye.

As a long-time reader, no doubt you've read my many replies to these questions. Some of my more recent answers are here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/first-the-napkins-now-the-cups.846265/page-27#post-5125270

And here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...y-world-in-general.852812/page-5#post-5175764

And here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/fast-pass-plus.855828/page-9#post-5240317

And here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-once-again-showing-why.857392/page-6#post-5252208

And here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/fast-pass-plus.855828/page-9#post-5240255

And here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/why-do-you-members-complain-so-much.854841/#post-5191546

And here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/is-it-worth-it.857454/page-2#post-5252926

And here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/is-it-worth-it.857454/page-2#post-5253145

Wow, I guess I have answered the same question many times. I'm still waiting for a reply to my latest post, asking why people find non-functional animatronics, pieces falling off attractions, and higher prices acceptable.

As a long-time poster, I've answered the question for a long time. Of course, I'm not the only one replying so you can imagine how many times the question has been answered. If you haven't read these, perhaps you need to read a bit more.

So why keep patronizing the place with so much wrong? When a favorite restaurant serves inferior food, with equally poor service, at increasingly higher prices, does your sentiment override your common sense and direct you to return time and again?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
So why keep patronizing the place with so much wrong? When a favorite restaurant serves inferior food, with equally poor service, at increasingly higher prices, does your sentiment override your common sense and direct you to return time and again?

Billy, Billy, Billy....

Why bother? I mean, really? Your winter break is short enough as it is. Why come on here and waste so much of it? Go outside, make some friends, see some movies, play with the gifts Santa brought you. But please, for the love of God, let us be.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Did it ever occur to you that some people may have such enduring adoration and respect for a place that they seek to ensure the same high standards they once knew are there for future generations? Or are you simply here to regurgitate the same inane question over and over again, all in the guise of supposedly asking polite and respectful questions?

Disneyhead'71

And Billy, has it occured to you that, while we will discuss Disney here (because of a life long passion), we may NOT be giving the mouse our money any longer?

But I would LOVE for WDW to kick it up a notch and really earn my money again. The next thing they may get me down there is Avatar, but it would have to be coupled with a refocus on the overall quality resortwide to get me amped to throw money at them. And I really do want to throw money at them. I just can't with the way things are now.

Kuhio

Or are you simply here to regurgitate the same inane question over and over again, all in the guise of supposedly asking polite and respectful questions?

I'm convinced this is the case.

When a new member seemingly asks a question in earnest -- no matter how many times that question has already been asked and answered -- I generally tend to give him/her the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes I'll even spend several minutes of my time composing an earnest and thoughtful response.

But when that person continues to ask the same thing again and again, all while completely ignoring the serious responses that other people have provided, then it's clear that the person's intent is to troll rather than actually provide anything of meaning to the boards.

That's when the "ignore" feature comes in handy.

BTW, "funky BIlly Chin" and "little Sammy Chung" are mentioned in the '70s disco/funk classic, "Kung Fu Fighting" (more recently covered for Kung Fu Panda). I'm guessing our Billy Chin is one of the non-funky ones.

I'll stop now as I really don't want a massive debate on the matter, but was simply curious as to what motivates people to do certain things. Thanks for the responses.
I wish people who say they'll stop would stick to what they say.

Billy, Billy, Billy....

Why bother? I mean, really? Your winter break is short enough as it is. Why come on here and waste so much of it? Go outside, make some friends, see some movies, play with the gifts Santa brought you. But please, for the love of God, let us be.
If you're unable or unwilling to construct a well reasoned reply, you should probably just not post. But thanks anyway.

I'm convinced this is the case.

When a new member seemingly asks a question in earnest -- no matter how many times that question has already been asked and answered -- I generally tend to give him/her the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes I'll even spend several minutes of my time composing an earnest and thoughtful response.

But when that person continues to ask the same thing again and again, all while completely ignoring the serious responses that other people have provided, then it's clear that the person's intent is to troll rather than actually provide anything of meaning to the boards.

That's when the "ignore" feature comes in handy.

BTW, "funky BIlly Chin" and "little Sammy Chung" are mentioned in the '70s disco/funk classic, "Kung Fu Fighting" (more recently covered for Kung Fu Panda). I'm guessing our Billy Chin is one of the non-funky ones.
I've asked several times because I'm looking for thoughtful replies. Wen I've received them, I've offered my thanks for the feedback. Not sure that's so difficult for you and a few others to comprehend (unless you choose not to). And the thinly veiled personal attack is always the weapon of those who can't easily engage their brain to offer intelligent replies. Disappointing, but hardly surprising.

And Billy, has it occured to you that, while we will discuss Disney here (because of a life long passion), we may NOT be giving the mouse our money any longer?

But I would LOVE for WDW to kick it up a notch and really earn my money again. The next thing they may get me down there is Avatar, but it would have to be coupled with a refocus on the overall quality resortwide to get me amped to throw money at them. And I really do want to throw money at them. I just can't with the way things are now.
So, do you only go now because you can get in free?

Bill, come on bud. Don't subject us to another 4 days of this.
Just looking for thoughtful responses. Why is that so hard? I've attacked no one (though I've been attacked), I haven't condemned anyone for their views, haven't disagreed with anyone's opinion. I've simply asked a question that precious few seem willing to answer.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I've asked several times because I'm looking for thoughtful replies. Wen I've received them, I've offered my thanks for the feedback. Not sure that's so difficult for you and a few others to comprehend (unless you choose not to). And the thinly veiled personal attack is always the weapon of those who can't easily engage their brain to offer intelligent replies. Disappointing, but hardly surprising.

Then I'm curious: If you've already received "thoughtful replies," as you put it, then why do you keep asking the same question over and over?

You don't get it. He patronizes because he wants something to be done about the situation.
Do you keep going to a restaurant and spending your money over and over again, even when the food is bad? If so, has that convinced the proprietor to change the menu, the chef, the decor, the wait staff?

Disneyhead'71

So, do you only go now because you can get in free?

I did go twice this year when friends offered to comped me in. But once was to have lunch with Spirit and the other was to the New Fantasyland. The day I went to Fantasyland, we were only in the park for about 4 hours and then we left. I wouldn't and haven't paid to go since March 2011.
I can also get 4 free passes through work. I used 2 to get my 2 daughters in when we lunched with Spirit. I never utilized the other 2 and will lose them on Dec. 31. So free really doesn't even do it for me, but friends and curiosity will......for free.

Then I'm curious: If you've already received "thoughtful replies," as you put it, then why do you keep asking the same question over and over?
Because so many of the replies were snarky, ad hominem put downs rather than thoughtful responses. Those who have responded substantively have been genuinely thanked for their comments.

I did go twice this year when friends offered to comped me in. But once was to have lunch with Spirit and the other was to the New Fantasyland. The day I went to Fantasyland, we were only in the park for about 4 hours and then we left. I wouldn't and haven't paid to go there since March 2011.
I can also get 4 free passes through work. I used 2 to get my 2 daughters in when we lunched with Spirit. The other 2 I never utilized and will lose them on Dec. 31. So free really doesn't even do it for me, but friends and curiosity will......for free.
Okay . . . Thanks. Makes sense to me. If something no longer meets your needs, why pay for it? Too many quality alternatives exist.

By the way, I've probably visited WDW ten times in the last 15 years, staying on site each time (usually for a week). We've enjoyed our times there, but it's never been a perfect place, which is sometimes magnified by the significant expense associated with our visits. But our trips are purely discretionary and, if the value wasn't there, we wouldn't hesitate to vacation elsewhere (and we have and do).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom