Disney OCD - The Little Things That Bug You

Disney_Belle

I do agree with a lot of the annoying things listed, but then I think of OCD's I think compulsive actions. I never go to Tomorrowland first, it always has to be from the left side of the Magic Kingdom and around the park to the right (Tomorrowland last). It's just how we've been doing it for 35 years, and it would be wrong for me to do otherwise. And, of course - like many others here - I plan out which park, where and when to eat. I even make posterboard charts. :hammer:

I start at the left side as well, from Adventureland, over to Frontierland, Liberty Square to Fantasyland, Mickey's toontown fair then to Tomorrowland. Occasionally I will head from Main Street USA right through Cinderella's Castle over to fantasyland then to Liberty Square etc. etc. But always ending in Tomorrowland lol.

DisneyRoxMySox

• When CMs don't do their job.
  • Bonnet Creek Resort.
  • Guests don't bother me much, I try to correct them as nicely as possible. I love helping them out.

Turcicus

Oh sheesh - where to begin??

• People who abuse undeserving CMs to try and get something for free
  • People who abuse undeserving CMs to compensate for their lack of control/discipline of their children
  • People who allow their children (or themselves) to ruin everyone else's enjoyment because of a stunning lack of self control
  • Pin traders
  • People who loudly talk along with the attraction dialouge, such as in the Haunted Mansion elevator (unless of course, they're simply pointing out that the chamber has 4 windows, and 2 doors!).
  • People who ask where Magic Mountain is located.
  • Asking, "What time is the 9 pm parade?"
  • Pin traders
  • Asking a costumed CM, "Do you work here?"
  • Families/Groups who walk 10 abreast, slowly, and won't move for anyone
  • Pin traders
  • Approaching a stand-by line, and two people cut in front of you. Five minutes later, their clan of 30 shows up, and expect to cut the line.
  • People who get bent out of shape about things that can't be controlled, like the weather, or the number of people on vacation on a national holiday.
  • Did I mention Pin Traders?
And the grand-daddy of them all: People who don't say "Please" and "Thank you" to fellow guests and Cast Members alike. It's amazing what a difference it makes when you do!

As a relatively new pin trader myself, I apologize for you being annoyed by other pin traders. What about them/us annoys you?

metscool

What is wrong about pin trading. I think that it is the best thing that disney has come up with so that the CM and the guest can interact.

THe thing that bugs me are the guest that don't know where the rides are and keep asking the CM the same question over and over again.

mac41099

If you look at how many times I've posted, you'll cut me some slack on this one. This is directed at this forum.

I can't stand it when everything is abbreviated. Such as Expedition Everest is EE and Tower of Terror is ToT. Most of the time I can figure out what the ride or attraction is, but sometimes I can't and makes it hard to read the posts. It took me a while to figure out DH and DW. I'm guessing it means Disney Husband and Disney Wife. I'm still not 100% sure.

I'm sure there is a posting somewhere that lists everything or a key of some sort. And I'm sure I'll learn them all after some more time on the forum.

This is NOT meant to offend anyone. Just an observation. :D

MainSt1993

If you look at how many times I've posted, you'll cut me some slack on this one. This is directed at this forum.

I can't stand it when everything is abbreviated. Such as Expedition Everest is EE and Tower of Terror is ToT. Most of the time I can figure out what the ride or attraction is, but sometimes I can't and makes it hard to read the posts. It took me a while to figure out DH and DW. I'm guessing it means Disney Husband and Disney Wife. I'm still not 100% sure.

I'm sure there is a posting somewhere that lists everything or a key of some sort. And I'm sure I'll learn them all after some more time on the forum.

This is NOT meant to offend anyone. Just an observation. :D

So true! There are some I finally give up on without ever figuring out. Though, I've been guilty of this practice myself. Guess I was just following along. I much prefer using the abreviations Disney uses in scheduling - Splash, Space, Thunder, Mansion, etc...

Senderella

Ok, while this isn't a STRICTLY WDW gripe, it did happen at Downtown Disney and it still irks me.

DH & I were waiting in line at the Wetzel's stand to get one of the Wetzel dogs. This guy in front of us bought all his small kids their own Wetzel... they cleared them out all but one so dh & I had no choice but to split it. Well, one of the little kids ate like a bite and threw it on the floor. :fork: :fork:

LOL Petty yes, but DH & I had been looking forward to a Wetzel dog all day. :lol:

Valawen9

I hate it when people refer to Universal Studios and/or Islands of Adventure as Disney World.

Some people I work with do that all the time and I always have to tell them that they're totally different parks...Disney and Universal I mean. But for some reason it never sinks in with them...well either that or they just like annoying me. :lol:

WishinUponAStar

What is wrong about pin trading. I think that it is the best thing that disney has come up with so that the CM and the guest can interact.

For me it's not that pin traders are annoying what-so-ever it's the pin traders with NO MANNERS at all. During your trip you are bound to experience one that will bust right into your conversation with a CM, or barge their way through while you are being checked out at a registrar to ask the CM to see their pins, totally interupting, without apology. I've also seen pintraders walk away from a CM and not say "thank you" after looking at their pins or trading with them. Just manners, that's all.

WishinUponAStar

You know what ticks me off....comments like this. I have read many to the same effect and it bothers me each time. I visit DW every year in April with my brother and his family. My brother is obese. Prior to 2004 when we went to DW he walked (never rented a electric cart) May of 2004 my brother fell in a freak accident and broke his leg in 2 compound fractures and one fracture (the same leg). They did surgery and rebuilt his leg. He can walk (with a limp) however, excessive walking will cause his leg to lock up and nothing can fix that until he takes meds and lies down for a while.

Well it sounds to me like he cleary has a reason to need one. Wasn't knocking people who have the need. :confused:

My question is...who are you to question it? Even before this "handicapped" guests did not bother me...even if they availed themselves of handicapped processes. If anything I would be glad that I am not in that position and be thankful for it. The only entitlement that any guest at Disney has is to enjoy their vacation to fullest. I hope that I did not insult you, I just think that people should be a bit more open-minded when judging whether someone is CLEARLY disabled. There are soooo many handicaps that can not be seen by the eye but are most CLEARLY there to the person who possesses it.

PS: I never said anything about being annoyed with "handicapped people." You didn't insult me but when you asked "who am I to question it," its just my opinion. Sorry to tick you off personally, I'll remember to be more open-minded about electric scooters on my next visit.

sunny_stace

I've gotta say I hate it when two people or so get in line ahead of you and then as soon as you get closer to the attraction 83493249734 of their closest family and friends jump in line with them. I know to report them and I do, but it still drives me BONKERS! Also, when the person infront of you in line sticks their butt of while leaning forward on the railing. I do not want to starte at your butt for an hour in line! LOL :)

KICKYPANTS

Okay...here goes:lookaroun ....I'm ready to get flamed.....:zipit:
My peeve...when people take the Magic that is Disney and squash it all to bits by being sooooo serious about every little thing (like the spelling and names of the attractions etc). Honestly, not everyone has been there a gazillion times. Not everyone has the time to research their vacation ad nauseum. Some people just want to have a fun and magical holiday with their friends/family and have the greatest time ever. :sohappy:

On a lighter note....just show respect for yourself and others. If we all did, the world would be perfect!:D

joelleharbert

Okay...here goes:lookaroun ....I'm ready to get flamed.....:zipit:
My peeve...when people take the Magic that is Disney and squash it all to bits by being sooooo serious about every little thing (like the spelling and names of the attractions etc). Honestly, not everyone has been there a gazillion times. Not everyone has the time to research their vacation ad nauseum. Some people just want to have a fun and magical holiday with their friends/family and have the greatest time ever. :sohappy:

On a lighter note....just show respect for yourself and others. If we all did, the world would be perfect!:D

Amen brother! No flaming from me.

metscool

For me it's not that pin traders are annoying what-so-ever it's the pin traders with NO MANNERS at all. During your trip you are bound to experience one that will bust right into your conversation with a CM, or barge their way through while you are being checked out at a registrar to ask the CM to see their pins, totally interupting, without apology. I've also seen pintraders walk away from a CM and not say "thank you" after looking at their pins or trading with them. Just manners, that's all.
I see your point of why you don't like pin traders. Just tell me the next time that you see me and it bothers you. I am the one that wears a Bud hat to the parks. It is to support my favorite driver in Nextel Cup. That is for everyone here if you see me say hello.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom