Disney OCD - The Little Things That Bug You

GoofyFan1

This is a deja vu thread. It got pretty funny last time. I bet we can get some new ones though.

My number one pet peeve has to be people who send one or two members running through the line to push through. Then 10-15 others come cutting through 5-10 minutes later saying "I have to be with my group!" At LMAX last year, I saw a fully grown man knock a little girl to the ground. I said to him, "Maybe if you kept your party together, you wouldn't have to harm little girls."

That hit the nail on the head.:hammer: Seemed to be a very popular sport this summer.

LeeLee D

You know what ticks me off....comments like this. I have read many to the same effect and it bothers me each time. I visit DW every year in April with my brother and his family. My brother is obese. Prior to 2004 when we went to DW he walked (never rented a electric cart) May of 2004 my brother fell in a freak accident and broke his leg in 2 compound fractures and one fracture (the same leg). They did surgery and rebuilt his leg. He can walk (with a limp) however, excessive walking will cause his leg to lock up and nothing can fix that until he takes meds and lies down for a while. Is he CLEARLY disabled, no. April of 2005 and 2006 we went and he rented a chair. Yes, he rides to a parking area and gets off and walks. Looking at him...all you would see is an obese younger man. My question is...who are you to question it? Even before this "handicapped" guests did not bother me...even if they availed themselves of handicapped processes. If anything I would be glad that I am not in that position and be thankful for it. The only entitlement that any guest at Disney has is to enjoy their vacation to fullest. I hope that I did not insult you, I just think that people should be a bit more open-minded when judging whether someone is CLEARLY disabled. There are soooo many handicaps that can not be seen by the eye but are most CLEARLY there to the person who possesses it.

Thank you.

The Mom

Premium Member
If you look at how many times I've posted, you'll cut me some slack on this one. This is directed at this forum.

I can't stand it when everything is abbreviated. Such as Expedition Everest is EE and Tower of Terror is ToT. Most of the time I can figure out what the ride or attraction is, but sometimes I can't and makes it hard to read the posts. It took me a while to figure out DH and DW. I'm guessing it means Disney Husband and Disney Wife. I'm still not 100% sure.

I'm sure there is a posting somewhere that lists everything or a key of some sort. And I'm sure I'll learn them all after some more time on the forum.

This is NOT meant to offend anyone. Just an observation. :D

I've been reading/posting for years, and I don't know them all, either. :lol:

MainSt1993

My peeve...when people take the Magic that is Disney and squash it all to bits by being sooooo serious about every little thing (like the spelling and names of the attractions etc).

Walt Disney was very much about education and the company has done a great job of carrying that torch. Society's progress is directly tied to its blah, blah, and blah...That said, I've never said anything about spelling on a message board. But I've also never hired anyone with a typo on their resume. I don't think it's something we should be blasé about but I also don't think we should ridicule for.

On attraction names I totally agree. "Nemo's Under the Seas Adventure" vs. "Under the Seas with Nemo," I couldn't care less. Did they do a good job on the attraction? Did I walk away with new knowledge, insight, and/or joy? That's all that matters. :wave:

KICKYPANTS

Walt Disney was very much about education and the company has done a great job of carrying that torch. Society's progress is directly tied to its blah, blah, and blah...That said, I've never said anything about spelling on a message board. But I've also never hired anyone with a typo on their resume. I don't think it's something we should be blasé about but I also don't think we should ridicule for.

On attraction names I totally agree. "Nemo's Under the Seas Adventure" vs. "Under the Seas with Nemo," I couldn't care less. Did they do a good job on the attraction? Did I walk away with new knowledge, insight, and/or joy? That's all that matters. :wave:

I'm with you all the way. I have sent many resumes to the circular file on the floor myself for typos and spelling:D

Lucky

If you look at how many times I've posted, you'll cut me some slack on this one. This is directed at this forum.

I can't stand it when everything is abbreviated. Such as Expedition Everest is EE and Tower of Terror is ToT. Most of the time I can figure out what the ride or attraction is, but sometimes I can't and makes it hard to read the posts. It took me a while to figure out DH and DW. I'm guessing it means Disney Husband and Disney Wife. I'm still not 100% sure.

I'm sure there is a posting somewhere that lists everything or a key of some sort. And I'm sure I'll learn them all after some more time on the forum.

This is NOT meant to offend anyone. Just an observation. :D
And here I've been thinking that DH was for designated hitter, and that DW was the little girl in "Arthur."

When you think about the big things wrong with WDW's competition (if you can even call it that), all of the little things wrong with WDW or with a few of its guests described in this long thread really don't add up to much. I've spent 4 great weeks there with my family in the last 3 years, even though it's 1000 miles away. I've spent only 1 or 2 forgettable days at Six Flags and Paramount's Kings Dominion during the same period, although they're just down the road. Maybe I've just been willfully seduced by all of Disney's happy talk and happy music, but I focus on the positive aspects.

CoffeeJedi

Movies or tv shows set in New York, or somewhere on the east coast or even the midwest, and the characters reference Disneyland like its the de-facto amusement park or vacation destination. If you're from anywhere in the country other than the west coast, you probably held Walt Disney World in that regard. But tv/movie writers are all in Hollywood, and they sometimes don't have any knowledge of American culture outside of their little microcosm.

My biggest one(although I have many) is the people who, when the lights go out in the stretching room in the HM, scream as loud as they can.:brick: To me, this just messes up a really good part of the show. Last time I was there, a teenage boy did this, and a guy next to me said, loud enough for all to hear "Man, I wish I was as cool as you! That was soooooo scarry!!! You....are the man." Everyone laughed, and the kid never said another word right up until loading.:lol:

Rogue71371

the worst is when you are walking down Main Street, first day of your vacation, you are excited and happy and relaxed, just as you pull out your camera to take a picture of Cinderella's Castle WHOOOSH here comes a troop of 7 and 8 year olds rolling around you on there sneakers with wheels. or better yet, when you are walking and they just come at you, and if you don't move, there's going to be a collision between the two of you, and chances are you will get blamed for it. gotta love those sneakers!

I AGREE! Those sneaker skates should NOT be allowed in any of the parks.

Note: If the "me" from 1985 knew I was saying this I would kick my butt!

Something I find to be annoying is when I tell non-Disney folks that I'm going to WDW for vacation and they just stare back looking confused and say "why?"
:mad:

There's a certain amount of judgement you have to endure being a Disney fan where I live.

Agent1964fem

San Francisco I'm with you my neighbor said something like that to my youngest son we should do something besides Disney every two years like what ....so annoying
Oh if my neighbor is reading this we are doing something different this year since its a off Disney year :cry:

dragonfox98

Pet peeve - when people refer to the Magic Kingdom as Disney World. Drives me NUTS!!!!!:brick:

The worst part of this is when they're your own family! LOL....My stepmom was over yesterday and she referred to the Magic Kindgom as Disney World. I just nicely explained the difference between the two. :D

And I have to agree with the earlier posts about telling people that you're going to WDW. I had that problem at my old job. We had gone in April 06 and then again in Oct 07. When we got back, we immediately started thinking about our next trip (because we're going to take my mother-in-law and she's over 70). My co-workers were like "I can't believe you're going there AGAIN!". Well, you know what? All good things come to those who wait....at my new job the people here love Disney almost as much as I do (but I admit it - I'm a bigger Disney Freak then them all!!!!)

cmcmcm

Fast Track!

And I hattteee when kids go running up to Chip and Dale screaming "ALVIN! ALVIN!!!" And the parents are like, "Yeah, go see Alvin!" It's Chip and Dale, buddy!

#1 Pre-Judgement of Disney
My husband's family never took him or his brother's to WDW when he was a boy. Not because they didn't have the means but because it was "childish". Now that we are planning my husband's first trip (this year) I think he his more excited than me (if possible)! He didn't realize WDW had more than "kiddie" rides. That is truly what he believed the park was until I showed him books, pictures and websites on the world!

#2 People who stand in the middle of nowhere at the World Showcase
Who know who I'm talking about. The people who just stand around aimlessly, no camera in hand. Just looking up, around, kinda in there own bubble.

#3 Teenagers who think they are too cool to be at WDW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom