Disney OCD - The Little Things That Bug You

cndrellagrl

First of all, line jumpers! By far the worst, but I won't go into detail as it has already been done.

Secondly, people who rent a wheelchair to push two or three children when there are elderly people and handicap that have to go without! Get a stroller!

Vernonpush

There are a few things that bother me.

1. People stopping in the middle of a busy walk way, move to the side people. :fork:

The WORST is when they stop in the egress (exit doorway) of an attraction while they pull out their maps to see where they are going next. "HELLO... there are a hundred people behind you who wish to continue on with our day. Get out of the doorway, then move to the side to "plan your next move".:lol: This really bothers me when I have to relieve my weak bladder. :ROFLOL:

I have a peeve that I am sure there are others that share it with me.

I am a non-smoker because I choose to be. I have no problem with people choosing to smoke, that is their choice. However I do have an issue when I am at a place that says all over the place, "no Smoking unless in designated areas" and people still choose to smoke there. Now I have no choice in the matter, I am now forced to breath in the secondhand smoke. I always want to walk up to them and put their butt out for them, however that would not be the "Disney" way of doing things. I would then be one of those "rude" people that everyone else hates.

Just smoke where you are supposed to to allow others their rights of not smoking!! That is all I want!

As a smoker (whose other half is not), when I see someone smoking in an undesignated smoking section I usually will go up to the offender and point them (Disney 2 finger point) to the closest designated area and tell them "if you wish to smoke there are areas for that, it's right over there. All smoking sections are designated on your maps. Thank you and have a magical day"

My biggest pet-peeve are the parents who bring their children into the smoking areas.

And as far as getting names wrong yeah I've heard tons.

I dunno if this is an official name or not but I've seen Monsters Inc Comedy Club printed in lots of guide books.

Wasn't supposed to be called Monster's Inc. Comedy Club before MILF? I seem to remember that from a few years ago. ( I think that MILF is much funnier than MICC:lol:)

wondersofdave89

I am generally pleasant about the things mentioned in this thread. However the one pet peeve I have about other guests are the ones who know too much. I hate the nerds that walk around the theme park making sure everyone around them knows that they are experts. This includes but is not limited to those who carry their entire pin collection on a custom lanyard sized for a giant. I run into these groups way too often and I'm sure a lot of them take pride in visiting this board on occasion. My message to you: I understand that you know everything, and alot of us do. However, shut your mouth and keep it to yourself.

BillsFanGabe

I hate it when you are walking in a park and people just cut in front of you or bump you off. like people with strollers ram into the back of your heels and dont even say sorry. i hate it when people get the names confused of different attractions and stuff like that. i also hate it when people cut you off in line.

i really do thing there should be an organized walkway at WDW, like cars on the road, one lane for going one direction and the other for another. its just really pesky when people go in all different directions and, stop and go stop and go over and over again, ARGHHH!!!!!:brick:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I hate pretentious tossers who think that their opinion on correct use of ride terminology about a bloody theme park matters a jot, and despite having their head so far up their own jakxi they could visually inspect there own colon, . choose to pass comment on the short comings of others.

IMHO of course

Vernonpush

I hate pretentious tossers who think that their opinion on correct use of ride terminology about a bloody theme park matters a jot, and despite having their head so far up their own jakxi they could visually inspect there own colon, . choose to pass comment on the short comings of others.

IMHO of course

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

daveo43175

"People who CLEARLY aren't disabled on those electric wheelchairs.

You know what ticks me off....comments like this.

I actually see both sides. If you saw me at MK in the mornings, you would see a 50 year old man driving a rented scooter. Nothing appears to be wrong with me other than a slight limp. I drive behind my fam, approach a ride, get off the scooter and walk into the line (not the handicap line). You would want to "what the heck?" Then you would see me late afternoon. When I get off the scooter, you would see my knees are swollen to the size of cantelopes and I struggle just to stand. If I didn't get the scooter in the morning, our experience is there won't be any in the afternoon.
I do, however, understand there are those who abuse the system. On our last trip a man and son was in line in front of me at the rental location to get a scooter. There was nothing apparant wrong with either of them. While they waited in line, I heard his son asked why they needed a scooter and the reply was, "We don't. I just think it will be fun!" As he got to the front of the line, he started limping badly, where there was no limp before.

Now THAT irritates me.

NiarrNDisney

Holy Bump!

The only problem I have is more with the guests than the Mouse and that is littering! I just don't understand why it is so difficult for people to put their own waste in the trash bin. :rolleyes:

MickeyPeace

The title of this thread is Disney OCD and the little things that bug you.

Not one person yet has told anything about their Disney OCD-not even the OP.

Do you need to rub the bat post 10 times before getting in a Doombuggy?

Do you need to avoid every crack before getting onto Carousel of Progress?

Do you need to rearrange the condiment section before putting ketchup on your Casey's hot dog?

Where's the OCD?!!

And part two-the thread isn't meant to be negative but it' about things that bug you. How can positive things bug you? It has to be negative by nature.:veryconfu:hammer::hammer:

This thread bugs me!!!!!

twodisneyfans

Misc

I hate to say it, but I feel most of the post are pretty petty. Who cares if someone calls something by the wrong name. It's not going to ruin my vacation. Pick your battles, and 99% of these are not worth getting my feathers ruffled for on a vacation! YOU enjoy it and to heck with what others call things..

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

IMHO of course

The thread should have died three years ago after this post......

WEDisney

WHEN PEOPLE STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF A THEATER RATHER THAN MOVE ALL THE WAY DOWN!! And many times, it takes loads of people backed up behind them and a cast member to yell "Take all available seats!" a few times to finally make them realize that people won't climb over them so they get their center spot. Maybe if they didn't shove to get through the doors first, they'd end up having seats in the middle anyway.

Right or wrong I always "accidentally" step on their feet or fall into their laps as I pass by. Oops sorry...maybe you should have moved down like they asked

Raychul

I can overlook people stopping in the middle of the walkway. I can overlook hearing people swear Space Mountain goes upside down. And I can even overlook getting run over by non-handicap people in their over-sized scooters.

But the one thing that makes me sooo mad is when I ride Star Tours and they DO NOT say "May the Force be with you" as they close the doors to let the ride begin. :mad: Oooooh, that makes me angry.

The two times I have been on the new Star Tours they have not said it. I hope they didn't take that out of their normal run-through.

I know this is an old post but just wanted to get my bit in.

1. Mentioned before but queue jumpers! Culprits tend to be large school tour groups in their luminous tshirts. Or that one person that gets separated from their party when they enter a queue and instead of going 2 people behind to let me and my boyfriend passed, will wave their family of 10 to go in front of us. DOES. MY. NUT!!!!

2. Bratty kids (just in general, not just Disney. Give them a skelp on the !!)

3. Those people that will enter a food establishment, see that its busy and reserve a table before they've even got in the queue for food. Chances are you wont even get served for another 20 minutes, in which time I could have received my food, used the table you're sitting at and departed!!

4. People that don't understand how we can go and spend 2 weeks in theme parks - of course none of these people have ever been and so could never understand.

5. Finally (FYI i'm from the UK), when you try to explain to people just how stifling the heat and humidity in Florida is and they say something along the lines of "yeah I know what you mean, tenerife's like that".
NOOOO IT'S NOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!! :fork::fork:
It maybe hot in Europe but NEVER!!! to the levels of heat in Florida. Completely different type of heat!

Ahhhh, felt good to get that out :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom