Disney OCD - The Little Things That Bug You

sarabi

I hate it when people who should know better ruin the magic for other people. Like when they say "Oh, Tink is just a small girl on a wire... she's not reallly flying" (and I only say this because I know you all know this, but for little kids... that's devastating). Or "I wonder who is playing Mickey today".
Get with the magic or get out of my park.

wdwmomof3

There are a few things that bother me.

1. People stopping in the middle of a busy walk way, move to the side people. :fork:

2. While standing in line to order your food, decide what you want BEFORE getting to the cashier. It's like they stand there talking about everything else except lunch and when the get there they have to check with everyone in the party to see what each person wants. Work it out before ordering... please. :hammer:

3. Rude people get on my nerves at Disney. I am talking about those who try to run over you with a stroller and whatnot. Also, the people in line who complain the whole time... go home if your not happy.

4. People with small screaming children, who do not remove them from shows and such. I have been there and done that, and I would be the first one out the door if my child did this.

5. The last thing that I can think of that drives me CRAZY, is leaving. I hate it, I just want to cry every time. I really wish that Disney could do something to help me with this. I guess this is why I keep going back. :D

whizGoofy

I have a peeve that I am sure there are others that share it with me.

I am a non-smoker because I choose to be. I have no problem with people choosing to smoke, that is their choice. However I do have an issue when I am at a place that says all over the place, "no Smoking unless in designated areas" and people still choose to smoke there. Now I have no choice in the matter, I am now forced to breath in the secondhand smoke. I always want to walk up to them and put their butt out for them, however that would not be the "Disney" way of doing things. I would then be one of those "rude" people that everyone else hates.

Just smoke where you are supposed to to allow others their rights of not smoking!! That is all I want!

hrcollectibles

Its not really a an OCD thing but I have heard people state they were " Standing online of an attraction"..

If you are home surfing the web you are Online
If you are waiting in a line for an attraction then you are standing in line.

I saw something in Epcot last year that I hate. I can't remember the name, but the food place that's near SSE, and you have to walk up a ramp to the seating bit. Well we were waiting to be served and these two large guests (now this isn't anything against someone of size, it's a general thing) were at the collection point. They were huffing and puffing at the time it took for their order (which was merely a couple of minutes) and complaining that someone who got served after them, got their order before them (their order was SALAD!!!). I just don't like people without manners as it was not the way I was raised.

Sorry if I'm repeating, but when people aren't up on their Disney lingo, i.e. "Fast Track" for Test Track(haha i saw someone mention it above), "The Big Golf Ball" for Spaceship Earth, and I new one I hear on my last trip in '06 "Body Life", which I'm still not quite sure where they were going with this one (it was in Epcot so maybe its a combo of Wonders of Life and Body Wars, but even so, ITS CLOSED!). Another pet peeve is when Universal and Sea World get thrown into the mix, example: Where's the Spiderman ride? or Where is Shamu at? The classic "When's the three 'o clock parade" gets me every time as well. This little things make me laugh and cringe at the same time.

VoiceGuy07

The little kids that stand behind you in line right on your heels and sometimes even lean against you. I'll usually give them and their mom a look and then after that I'll "accidentally" take a step back and step on their little feet.

I also hate the kid that plays with the chain or rope in the lines. You know what I'm talking about. He stands there wiggling the chain or twirling it like a jump rope.

Absolutely, this is one of my biggest pet peeves. Kids bumping into you in line and the parents not even aware (or care). With that said, I'm probably the cause of other's pain because when I'm standing in line I'm always telling my kids to "back off!", "leave some space!", "don't get too close!". Not yelling at my wonderful kids mind you, they are awesome (I do keep my voice down). But I'm trying to make the world a better place.

CinderALLIE

What really bugs me isn't stuff that happens when I'm at Disney World (I'm at Disney World nothing can bother me), it's before I go. My family are somewhat Anti-Disney and I'm the complete opposite. No-one shares my excitement and I hate when people tell me I could have brought a car or other stuff if I didn't go to Disney World. Uh, hello if I have a car I won't get as much enjoyment plus I'd only have it for a year or two before I need to update or I stack it. With Disney World unless I get Amnesia or Alzheimers, etc. I Will always have my Disney World memories.

And to the people who are like it's Walt Disney World not Disney World, technically it's Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt called it Disney World and whatever Walt did:)cry:) is Good enough for me!!:lol:

nuttyskadork

My blood pressure goes up everytime I walk into a theatre and there are people sitting in the middle of a row, like they are the most important people in there. What's even worse is the cm's who don't say something to these jerks.

:dazzle:

The Haunted Mansion CM I had last time was great at that. Incorporated it into his character.

"Quickly now you've already wasted enough of my time! And don't stand in the middle of the room cuz that's just plain RUDE!"

I dont think they understood English though

nuttyskadork

-
- When people don't move all the way down in the rows and laugh at the people going by them like they know that their breaking the rules but they don't care.:fork: This is when I "accidently" trip over their feet. :drevil:

Haha either that or just stop dead and glare at them. Especially if they don't know they're supposed to go all the way to the end. And they kind of look at you like what.

nuttyskadork

I also hate when parents tell their kids "They're not real, it's just a person in a costume". :brick: I wonder if they also tell their kids Santa Clause isn't real too when they see him at the mall or whatever. :brick: :brick: :brick:

See that one's okay with me if it's a situation where the kid is scared or something haha.

nuttyskadork

Sorry if I'm repeating, but when people aren't up on their Disney lingo, i.e. "Fast Track" for Test Track(haha i saw someone mention it above), "The Big Golf Ball" for Spaceship Earth, and I new one I hear on my last trip in '06 "Body Life", which I'm still not quite sure where they were going with this one (it was in Epcot so maybe its a combo of Wonders of Life and Body Wars, but even so, ITS CLOSED!). Another pet peeve is when Universal and Sea World get thrown into the mix, example: Where's the Spiderman ride? or Where is Shamu at? The classic "When's the three 'o clock parade" gets me every time as well. This little things make me laugh and cringe at the same time.

The last one makes me laugh to be honest ahaha. I always think of that Kingdom Comedy guy and he says unless they think it's a parade ABOUT 3:00.

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, WALT DISNEY WORLD IS PROUD TO BRING YOU THE 3' O Clock Parade. A celebration of 3'O Clock. Today at 12:45!

And then he says it all in spanish lol

nuttyskadork

And as far as getting names wrong yeah I've heard tons.

I've heard Blizzard Beach called Wizard Beach (sorry HP fans lol)

I heard someone call the WDW Railroad the Disneyland Railroad
Ive heard Jungle Cruised called Jungle Book
Oh I heard this lady complaining to her husband as we were walking out of the Enchanted Tiki Room. She was like, I didn't see any of the characters from that movie! (I'm assuming she meant Enchanted lmao)

One thing that doesn't bug me too much, but apparently irritates a lot of people (not just a Disney thing) is the pronounciation of Carribean lol.

I heard someone call Everest Matterhorn once.
Ive heard Haunted Manor, Haunted House, Halloween mansion.
Oh and this is a Disneyland one, but I remember a lot of people called Sleeping Beauty Castle Cinderella Castle which is odd because Sleeping Beautys been there 20 years longer (even if Cinderella the movie is far more popular)

Heard lots of fun ways of saying Mickey's Philhar Magic

"Philly Hair Magic"
"Phil Har E magic"
"Fill har Magic"

Maybe this isnt too bad but I remember people at Universal calling the Express thing Fast Pass. (Granted I remember on the way back home at baggage claim looking around for the Fast Pass machine ahhaha)
Once I heard Toon Town called Tiny Toon Town

The Buzz Lightyear mistakes dont offend me too much cuz I've mixed them up a few times. I still don't understand why Disneyland has the same name as the one at DisneyQuest with the bumper cars lol.

I dunno if this is an official name or not but I've seen Monsters Inc Comedy Club printed in lots of guide books.

Oh once I saw two people standing outisde Carousel of Progress. And the one looked and said, I thouight we already saw the Carousel.

Yeah Ive heard the Fantasia comment lots about Fantasmic. I've also heard it called Fantastic.

I heard someone refer to Mission Spaceship Earth once. Not sure if that's some new update of SSE the Imagineer's have planned lol.

Journey to Imagination gets people sometimes too. I'm almost certain I've heard Journey to Emancipation at least once lol.

Honey I Shrunk gets people too. I've seen the movie set adventure called Honey I shrunk the Audience.

Innoventions has been called Inventions and Innovations.

I dont like when people call Animal Kingdom a zoo. I mean....it is and it isn't, but calling it that is hardly proper. And you should hear some of the mispronounciations of the different rides.

I saw a roller coaster website once had Primeval Whirl listed as Prime Evil Whirl

One that I'm not sure of is MuppetVision. I've heard it refferred to as MuppetVision 4-D several times. But all the maps say 3D lol.

Oh and somebody in line for Rock n Roller Coaster called Aerosmith ACDC lol

To be honest though; Universal gets a lot of screw-ups too. Granted I've never heard anybody think a Disney ride was at Universal.

One 2008 guide book I saw at the book store had Kongfrontation still on the map haha.

I heard somebody say Fear Factory live once and got kind of excited lol. I was like, nice I like that band!

Fievel gets pronounced a bajillion ways.

Terminator 2: 3-D ive heard Terminator 3, Terminator 3-D. etc

Popey's Bilge Rat Barges gets called all sorts of stuff, but I'm just as guilty at that one. I've called it River Boat Barges and such ahha. It's such a mouth full.

I remember hearing one lady who'd obviously never heard of a silent "p" saying Pteranadon Flyers with the p kept in haha. Whoever she was talking to was probably getting a good spraying haah.

I'm a bit bugged about why Sindbad is spelled that way at Universal....

Elonwy

Heard lots of fun ways of saying Mickey's Philhar Magic

"Philly Hair Magic"
"Phil Har E magic"
"Fill har Magic"

Got another one for you...i heard a woman wondering aloud who the H..L Phil is from Mickey & Phil Are Magic.

Really, you haven't heard of the Amazing Magical Phil :shrug::ROFLOL:

Whoops seems like im annoying people by sitting in the middle of shows haha
What annoys me is when people are just plain rude to you, like i know its a hundred degrees outside but really do you have to be that rude?
Oh and people that push to get up ahead to their "other party" in the line right? i wasn't born yesterday!
Oh and people that say Mk is Disneyworld just gets to me, like really there are 4 parks people!

colleen2997

I HATE when people think that DIsneyworld, Universal and Sea World are part of the same entity. I find many people consider "going to DIsney" as visiting any of the Orlando area Theme Parks.I know people who go down to Florida, stay off site somewhere and visit both parks. They come back and say "Oh the best ride at Disney is Spiderman!"....Others consider Islands of Adventure part of Disney! This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.:brick:

drew81

Fast Track!

And I hattteee when kids go running up to Chip and Dale screaming "ALVIN! ALVIN!!!" And the parents are like, "Yeah, go see Alvin!" It's Chip and Dale, buddy!

I hate when guests say that! I've heard the Alvin and Chipmunks line before. That drives me nuts. I was in line and another guest said lets go see Goofy and I said that's Pluto. People who think Launchpad is Donald and Mr Smee is Santa drive me crazy. :brick:

Cynderella

I have a peeve that I am sure there are others that share it with me.

I am a non-smoker because I choose to be. I have no problem with people choosing to smoke, that is their choice. However I do have an issue when I am at a place that says all over the place, "no Smoking unless in designated areas" and people still choose to smoke there. Now I have no choice in the matter, I am now forced to breath in the secondhand smoke. I always want to walk up to them and put their butt out for them, however that would not be the "Disney" way of doing things. I would then be one of those "rude" people that everyone else hates.

Just smoke where you are supposed to to allow others their rights of not smoking!! That is all I want!

I agree 100%. I HATE when people smoke in place they shouldn't. It's definetly my biggest pet peeve at WDW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom