News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Captain Neo

The most offensive thing about this is that it isn't based on the classic Mickey Mouse or even the iconic version that has been used over the years. Instead there using the Mickey world from that cheap almost flash animation looking show they current run on Disney channel that barely passes for animation. SAD.

ProfSavage

The most offensive thing about this is that it isn't based on the classic Mickey Mouse or even the iconic version that has been used over the years. Instead there using the Mickey world from that cheap almost flash animation looking show they current run on Disney channel that barely passes for animation. SAD.

That part I don't get... a classic Mickey design... or hell do different Mickey's of different eras teaming up to stop [insert bad guy here] could have even worked...

Madame Medusa

You can see "classic" Mickey every step you take in all of the parks. I'm very excited to have a fresh take, especially since those cartoons have more personality and fun than the bland goody two shoes corporate mascot that Mickey is usually presented as. It's no wonder they're using them for a ride that's supposed to be fun. Anything else would have felt very stale. I know people wanted a standard dark ride going through the history of Mickey cartoons but that would have gotten stale VERY fast.

This ride is far more innovative than you even know.

Captain Neo

That part I don't get... a classic Mickey design... or hell do different Mickey's of different eras teaming up to stop [insert bad guy here] could have even worked...

For some reason I thought this ride would have you go into the world of the iconic Mickey shorts from over the years like the Great Movie Ride but with Mickey. It would have been really cool and exciting to see those kinda creepy worlds from the 1920s/30s brought to life like in that upcoming game Cuphead.

ProfSavage

For some reason I thought this ride would have you go into the world of the iconic Mickey shorts from over the years like the Great Movie Ride but with Mickey. It would have been really cool and exciting to see those kinda creepy worlds from the 1920s/30s brought to life like in that upcoming game Cuphead.

Steamboat Willie Mickey would have been cool to see.

Captain Neo

You can see "classic" Mickey every step you take in all of the parks. I'm very excited to have a fresh take, especially since those cartoons have more personality and fun than the bland goody two shoes corporate mascot that Mickey is usually presented as. It's no wonder they're using them for a ride that's supposed to be fun. Anything else would have felt very stale. I know people wanted a standard dark ride going through the history of Mickey cartoons but that would have gotten stale VERY fast.

Go watch Thru the Mirror, Clock Cleaners, and The Mad Doctor and get back to me

tmadoctor33.jpg

Whats this?! Turns out Walt Disney wasn't about mundane "safe" "family friendly" corporate garbage like the current leadership in the company would have you believe!

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-16_0-50-39.png
    upload_2017-7-16_0-50-39.png
    463.3 KB · Views: 273

ProfSavage

Go watch Thru the Mirror, Clock Cleaners, and The Mad Doctor and get back to me

tmadoctor33.jpg

Whats this?! Turns out Walt Disney wasn't about mundane "safe" "family friendly" corporate garbage like the current leadership in the company would have you believe!

Neo, I know we don't always agree but when we do... WE DO!

And yes, you're right. Those Disney shorts from the early years were dark as hell.

Madame Medusa

Exactly, cartoons from the 1930s.

The new shorts brought life back in to the character that's been missing for decades, whereas things like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse are as dull as ever even if they stick to the standard design.

Magenta Panther

Yeah, hot spit. No doubt the screens will be amazing. Better than those pesky AAs that need so much maintenance.

Next up: Tiki Birds in Flight using that great Soarin' technology!

Buried20KLeague

You and me both.

NeXuS1000

I personally love the new Mickey style they're basing this on. It strikes a good balance of new being in a way that's both appealing to adults and kids. Is it's blockbuster movie style and tone? Nope, but Mickey has never really been that. Mickey mostly been TV. What the new style brings is a great pace, humor and action, which I think could be very fitting for a ride.

I'll keep my hopes up for this one...

Madame Medusa

I personally love the new Mickey style they're basing this on. It strikes a good balance of new being in a way that's both appealing to adults and kids. Is it's blockbuster movie style and tone? Nope, but Mickey has never really been that. Mickey mostly been TV. What the new style brings is a great pace, humor and action, which I think could be very fitting for a ride.

I'll keep my hopes up for this one...
Correct. The new Mickey shorts are heavy on the humor and the action with a fast pace...exactly the tone needed for a fun ride. It's a no brainer.

Jeff456

I'm blown away that this ride is going to be in the bizarre almost Ren & Stimpy style of that awful cartoon. What a let down.

Can't wait to take my kids through this...

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

2475388.png

Can't wait...

Wow that looks truly awful...
I'm just crossing my fingers now that this will completely surprise me losing the GMR sucks hopefully somehow this will blow Me away.
It's a shame they couldn't have built it somewhere else

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom