News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

UpAllNight

Well to be fair Toy Story Land will open in the summer of 2018, which will add 2 rides, but still is unacceptable and will continue being unacceptable even when Star Wars opens.

I'm surprised the Beauty and the Beast cruise show wasn't announced for DHS too. I'd have thought they'd want something new and easy over these next coming months.

I agree it'll still be a mess...but atleast it'll be a mess with 3 brand new e-tickets and a quite (too) spacious toy Story area. Both the rides look fun...if cheaply themed.

Mike S

The sad thing is....we had an excellent example of what could have been with the recent Mickey short "Get a Horse!"
1280x720-k9h.jpg
That would've been great but I still like the new style.
Before other sites jump on it and claim the credit, the Mickey ride is currently scheduled to open fall 2019.

@wdwmagic can you move this post to the new thread when it opens please?
Perfect.

The Empress Lilly

At the end of the day, they are putting a ride in with a story that works perfectly well in DHS. We can lament the loss of GMR, but at least the ride belongs, and it is about freakin time Mickey got an E-ticket.

This is a whole different ballpark than "Peter Quill came to Epcot as a kid so here is his ride." That's contrived and honestly a bit condescending toward us.
Yes. I would've killed for this to be the headliner of a Disney Animation land. Or at least, if the new Mickey style won't put me off, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about that.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The company hasn't ever really stopped making Mickey shorts... Runaway Brain... oh forget it.

The shorts died with the format change in cinema. Sporadic releases over the years don't change that. The new reboot really is the biggest leap with the character in decades.

I do wish they left the red and stimpy look off of it tho :/

Dapper Dan

The decision to go with the new animation style over the more traditional one in an area that (at least for now) is based on the 1930s & 40s is a bit baffling. I also thought it was a bit weird that they talked about how amazing and catchy this new song is but didn't actually play any of it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Before other sites jump on it and claim the credit, the Mickey ride is currently scheduled to open fall 2019.

@wdwmagic can you move this post to the new thread when it opens please?

Sooner that I expected.

@marni1971 , wasn't it you that said they pushed ahead the start of the Mickey ride so that it can open at about the same time with SWL SW:GE? Which would be about Fall 2019.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I'm blown away that this ride is going to be in the bizarre almost Ren & Stimpy style of that awful cartoon. What a let down.

Can't wait to take my kids through this...

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

2475388.png

Can't wait...

Ugh, these pictures look like terrible fan art, or even some bootleg Mickey cartoon from China ... definitely doesn't look authentic Disney to me. I really dislike this style and am disappointed they're using it for this ride. But if this is what the kids like these these ... :confused:

Tom Morrow

The sad thing is....we had an excellent example of what could have been with the recent Mickey short "Get a Horse!"
1280x720-k9h.jpg
Exactly what I was expecting and baffled that they didn't do something like this.

Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy the new shorts a lot because they're actually very funny. But it's unlikely this animation style will be used long term. This seems so short-sighted.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm blown away that this ride is going to be in the bizarre almost Ren & Stimpy style of that awful cartoon. What a let down.

Can't wait to take my kids through this...

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

2475388.png

Can't wait...

When you pull out a specific scene or still from a body of work with an agenda... you can make just about anything look bad.

It is unlikely that under the direction of imagineers and execs, that some of these schticks -- which is fine for the shorts -- won't make it to a general audience ride. If anyone is interested in how these shorts can go without some of these crazy takes, below is a curated list of shorts which will more likely reflect the Mickey ride...

I'm sure that under the imagineer's supervision that the Ren&Stimpyish aspects of new Mickey Shorts won't be appearing. Instead, it will be the best of Mickey Shorts. Check out these shorts for a less cringy version of Mickey Shorts...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom