News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20161013_175332_HDR.jpg
I was at DHS today and I must say, TGMR looks way better when the stage is down. The sight line ALMOST looks like the way it was supposed to.

Attachments

• 20161013_175332_HDR.jpg
    20161013_175332_HDR.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 53

AEfx

With all the props that were in Backlot tour and now GMR closing, I wonder what they did with props in Backlot and will do with what's in GMR? Ebay?

A lot of the stuff in the backlot was rotting. What wasn't, will probably go in storage One exception might be the few Star Wars items (if I recall, part of skiff and/or snow speeder?). I would hope they would be restored and added to SWL.

As to what is within GMR, I believe most of the queue stuff was on extended loan from collectors. The authentic costumes Disney does own will likely go in storage or be shifted around (perhaps to DCA or WDS). But all in all, there isn't really anything notable inside the ride itself AFAIK (as the Casablanca myth has been thoroughly debunked).

The Empress Lilly

View attachment 169329 I was at DHS today and I must say, TGMR looks way better when the stage is down. The sight line ALMOST looks like the way it was supposed to.
I do think the very retractability of the stage an immense commitment to show. Just recently a huge off the shelf stage blocked the view of an even huger cartoon hat that blocked the view of the theater. DHS looks so much better now!

brettf22

Premium Member
I get the strangest feeling I missed something in this thread. Happy we're back on track. I wonder what will happen with the Wicked Witch AA figure once this ride closes.

Hmmmm. Wicked Witch animatronic available ... Hall of Presidents will need a new addition ... Two birds, one stone. And given the probable outcome of the election, no reskinning necessary.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
If I'm not mistaken, she was the very first A100 animatronic. That might garner a spot in the archives or a museum at some point.

-Rob
Sarcos figure......

Excellent drop of Garner.... ( their figures are more advanced based on this tech though....)

*1023*

dgp602

Rode GMR last night, for what was apparently the last time. Even though it's not an attraction I often ride, it's kind of sad to see it go, as it's one of the last links to the old studios theme.
Has the closing even been confirmed? If so, is there a date?

dgp602

A lot of the stuff in the backlot was rotting. What wasn't, will probably go in storage One exception might be the few Star Wars items (if I recall, part of skiff and/or snow speeder?). I would hope they would be restored and added to SWL.

As to what is within GMR, I believe most of the queue stuff was on extended loan from collectors. The authentic costumes Disney does own will likely go in storage or be shifted around (perhaps to DCA or WDS). But all in all, there isn't really anything notable inside the ride itself AFAIK (as the Casablanca myth has been thoroughly debunked).
What about Walt's plane? Has anyone confirmed where that went too??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom