News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

ToTBellHop

There has been no need to say anything about it officially though. They're likely to announce it next month at D23.

Just like the Rat ride, there's been no need to announce anything yet. Technically they don't HAVE to announce it next month either. They can start construction and announce it in 2019 (not saying that's what will happen ...)

Because we have insiders we know things months and sometimes a year before anything gets announced.
They will announce something prior to GMR closing. I assume it'll be pretty vague with pretty crappy concept art.

UpAllNight

Does Chapek have the kind of ego where he wants the latest shiney new toys for his parks? Is he getting jealous of what Universal are doing? Or is this, as I suspect 100% because he sees the potential in uplifts in attendance and profit?

It seems unusual from us to go from nothing for a decade to this, and I'm excited about new things coming (even though if there are some questions over the direction...at least we have new things to discuss unlike the last decade)

HMF

Does Chapek have the kind of ego where he wants the latest shiney new toys for his parks? Is he getting jealous of what Universal are doing? Or is this, as I suspect 100% because he sees the potential in uplifts in attendance and profit?

It seems unusual from us to go from nothing for a decade to this, and I'm excited about new things coming (even though if there are some questions over the direction...at least we have new things to discuss unlike the last decade)
Chapek is a Merchandising nut and appreciates the parks in those terms contrast that with Jay Rasulo who did not "Get" the appeal of the parks at all.

ToTBellHop

I don't know. At least as a side effect of Rasulo's lack of caring, things didn't change much. Some of the changes Chapek wants scare me to death.
Rasulo's attitude left the parks in disrepair and, counter-intuitively, a multi-billion dollar guest-tracking program.

Guardians of the Tower is just an overlay. Splash Mountain was physically rotting apart.

HMF

Rasulo's attitude left the parks in disrepair and, counter-intuitively, a multi-billion dollar guest-tracking program.

Guardians of the Tower is just an overlay. Splash Mountain was physically rotting apart.
Trust me, I am by no means "nostalgic" for the Rasulo days and Ironically I don't think Iger is either.

clemmo

Indeed.

But this year should be P&R heavy if all goes to plan.
What's interesting is I'd expect 2019 to be P&R heavy with what will hopefully be an MK e-ticket/expansion announcement and Rat for Epcot. This year all I was expecting is GMR, additional info for SWL, and maybe marvel details in DCA.

Kman101

Well, it could be very little for the WDW parks. They have Disneyland/DCA to talk about, maybe Paris ... who knows? I hope they clear up some of the rumors we've had on here because as I've said before, I'm a bit lost and we have so much speculation running rampant. We can't even get some details on Mission Space besides vague hints.

Figment Newton

Weren't you the one suggesting it be added to DAK?
I suggested it, but only if something comparable to Critter Country in Disneyland. In general the area with Zootopia (but preferably something more like Jungle book or Bambi) would take a look into how animals and nature have been envisioned in animation perhaps. I personally don't have that strong of an opinion on Zootopia being in AK or not - but I could see something done with the different climates and ecosystems shown in the city of Zootopia. But, after I got to thinking of it after that post, that idea is too similar to general layout of AK but with climates/ecosystems instead of the continents as it is now.

bjlc57

well if you close the GMR what is left to see at MGM? next to nothing..yes. ."its being built " but at snail speed..R n R , tower of terror and Toy story.. star wars.. and Indy.. why don't they wait until another part of the park is opened to do this change?

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
DHS: get your tiered FP, enjoy it, then go to another park. It's why my wife and I have done our last several visits. It's a shame what once was a unique experience of movies and magic has turned into a dumping ground for stuff that doesn't fit anywhere in the other parks.

lazyboy97o

I really wish we knew more official information on Mickey.

This starts construction in a couple months and we still don't really have even a whisper from official sources - it doesn't give the impression of this being a major attraction they're proud of. After all, we know quite a bit of official info about SWL, which is opening at the same time. The word "afterthought" hangs worryingly in the air...
Star Wars was essentially demanded by investors.

Don't count on D23 for all your announcements. The massive Hong Kong expansion news broke the day after a D23 expo ended.
The other, majority owners, of the Asian parks get a say in announcements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom