• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Mat Cauthon

I struggled to stay awake but I see why the Academy would love a musical about being an actor. I never mind seeing Emma Stone (and I'm sure the other half of people feel that way toward Ryan Gosling) but I've appreciated some of her other roles more (The Help and even Crazy, Stupid Love).
Zombieland for me thanks.
Someone's ear is in danger of having hair brushed over it...

Sped2424

Advertisement
If nothing else, La La Land would work as a replacement for Footlight Parade because the movie's tone and visuals echo those of muscials past and it would work as a birdge of sorts between "modern" musicals and the classics that directly influenced it.
No thank you

AndrewsJ

GOTG has already butchered one thrill ride. Just say no to half-assed overlays no one asked for.
Actually I wouldn't say butchered. The DCA TOT was an afterthought. A butchered version of the TOT at DHS. Reviews for GOTG:MB have been stellar. My review being one of them. The outside of the building not so much but the attraction itself is a winner. If it wasn't obvious by the exterior one might never know it was once a poor man's version of TOT. The new attraction is far superior. Don't get me wrong. The DHS version should never be touched other than maintenance. It set the precedent in the theme park industry for immersion in my opinion and is the best attraction ever built. I couldn't say the same for the DCA version.

AndrewsJ

And he wasn't happy after he first rode it. Just like Imagination Two....
I didn't know much about it before I rode for the first time. I was shocked to say the least. The hallway between the boiler room and the actual elevator just blew my mind. Still a fun ride but just not up to the standards I had come to expect.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
I didn't know much about it before I rode for the first time. I was shocked to say the least. The hallway between the boiler room and the actual elevator just blew my mind. Still a fun ride but just not up to the standards I had come to expect.
Awkward doorway corridor as it came to be known. How hard could it have been to install two doors per load/unload (even manually operated ones) to mask the corridor either side for loaders??!!

lazyboy97o

Awkward doorway corridor as it came to be known. How hard could it have been to install two doors per load/unload (even manually operated ones) to mask the corridor either side for loaders??!!
Without really looking at it, I could see such doors being a life safety issue.

Kram Sacul

That still would've been awkward.

The awkward corridor didn't bother me that much. I think I was more annoyed by always having to go up the stairs to the second level. Always a pain.

Kman101

VotLM and BatB: the 25-minnute spectacular are hardly irreplaceable classics as you seem to be describing.
Not sure why he keeps arguing against the fact that these shows need to be updated or replaced. It isn't because it's "what I want" or that I've seen them a million times, but you update or change your stage shows. You don't have the same ones running for nearly 30 years. Entertainment should be updated and changed.

RSoxNo1

Yes, Jason Surrell's painfully obvious Sixth Sense reference definitely hurt the ride.
I won't disagree that Sixth Sense is a poor choice, but you cheery-picked.

Alien and Indy were both modern classics at the time the ride was conceptualized and built, yet made the final cut for the ride, which is my point. Just because a movie is new doesn't make it any less of a classic.
The current script for GMR is awful.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Not sure why he keeps arguing against the fact that these shows need to be updated or replaced. It isn't because it's "what I want" or that I've seen them a million times, but you update or change your stage shows. You don't have the same ones running for nearly 30 years. Entertainment should be updated and changed.
Correct. Plus, if they were going to keep one show running for 3 or 4 decades it should have been The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Top Bottom